Re: [MOD] TW+ - iFreeze and Instagib-Mod

sorry was my fault i messed with storage.cfg

Thanks for implementing the laser reload time!

28 (edited by Broken 2012-06-15 05:51:27)

Could you add a hide name plates option, hiding in some instagib games is a great additional strategy. Also would be good for zcatch.

Nameplates are a client-issue, the server cant tell the clients that the nameplates shouldn't be shown. And if the server wouldn't send any playernames to the client it would also cause that you don't know who's writing to you or who kills whom (in the upper right corner). And i doubt that nameplates give you such a big advantage that it's worth.

30 (edited by Broken 2012-06-16 00:02:38)

ohhh, so that's why it disables chat in catch16! thanks for the explanation

but in insta mods there is all kinds of things you can do with hiding, both behind doodads / in walls , but also you can make limited visibility maps

Broken wrote:

but in insta mods there is all kinds of things you can do with hiding, both behind doodads / in walls , but also you can make limited visibility maps

I don't know what you want to tell me. In most cases you can remove such decoration things by disabeling high details in the graphics options.

32 (edited by Broken 2012-06-20 02:58:24)

I'm just saying it's a valid feature, that's all, but I understand it's too difficult to implement.

===========

Could you please add the "ban" command to be accepted in the config files on startup, so we don't have to reban people every startup. Also on zcatch.

Broken wrote:

Could you please add the "ban" command to be accepted in the config files on startup, so we don't have to reban people every startup. Also on zcatch.

I dont think that this is worth to do a own release for that due the fact that the most players get a dynamic IP which causes that they get a new IP address within 24h. So bans longer than 24h are actually senseless but of course I will make a note. In trunc TW its already fixed and I will add it maybe in the next release.

34 (edited by akkiyest 2012-08-11 15:57:27)

Good Job TT<3!
I like grenade instagib very much.

Thanks!

Hello

years ago I played this mod excessively smile
And yesterday I have found it again, there are too much modifcations in the wild - takes some time to find interesting stuff. Anyway, we spoke about changes:

at first, here are the modified ifreeze2 maps, perhaps you will like them

and secondly I have noticed a problem with the announcement messages: there are 3 I know about ("anticamper move or die", "team x scored" and "spawnprotection for x seconds"). And most important one, when a round has finished is not shown because of new apperaing "spawnprotection for x seconds"... Maybe you can change the behaviour or add a second line?

Besides that it feels like the old mod, except the flickering kill/death protection for a short time after respawn.
Keep up your good work!

Hello traitor,
thanks for your reply. You are right, i didnt realized this yet ;o I will search for a solution, thanks smile
Also many thanks for the modified ifreeze2-map smile I will take a look at it.
Greetings, TT <3

Could this mod be compiled with 0.6.2? We find that runs smoother.

There is a development-version which you can find at github which has 0.6.2 features in it. This version not fully tested and released yet but should work fine.

Good Morning,

I'm a very old player and i would like to open a server (Instagib) with the old "Lost" map, in this case i need to have a Selfkill respawn time very low. There is in your server version a possibility to set this time? or make the selfkill respawn time nearly instantaneous? If is not inside of your code, can you help me to find the code-part where i can modify it?

I'm not a good coder, but i know how recompile.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Have a look at this.

Luck is allowed

41 (edited by foglandnarayan 2014-03-12 19:39:19)

Oh, Great!

Thanks so much also for the fast reply, job done !

>>>

Sorry guys, i have another question, the last one.

In the old lost servers with Instagib mod it was possible to do the "Passtrick", is it possible to enable this function also in your version? Or can you indicate me the part of the code where i can check? Or any other suggestion?

I don't remember, something about the PhysSize of the flag... hmm, maybe i'm wrong.

Thanks so much in advance.

what is a "Passtrick"?

Maybe he is thinking of flagball. iFB

44 (edited by 2014-03-15 14:09:39)

Passtrick in Lost map = catch the blue flag in the image condition.

http://i61.tinypic.com/21444ep.png

Thanks.

>>>

Someone know how to do that?

Thanks.

There is no option for this in TW+. I think you have to increase carefully the radius of the flag, take a look here: https://github.com/Teetime/teeworlds/bl … f.cpp#L219

Wow, you are my hero.

Thanks so much, work like a charm.

Thanks again.

iCTF is the best mod ever. I'm surprised you found a way to enhance it. Good job big_smile

Proud Instrument of [QQ]

I keep losing this page--I need to bookmark it.

Anyway, when will be the next update? The biggest concerns for me are:

1. Maximum number of players in a server
2. When everybody leaves a paused (go/stop feature or just plain pause) game, the server gets stuck without intervention from a server moderator

Thank you so much for this mod. I play it for years now, me and my friends, at home, at work... so much fun for a after lunch game at work. You are awesome for keeping those updates!!