1 (edited by Dune 2018-12-13 13:57:45)

Topic: [MAP PACK] Map collection

2018-12-13: Stickied as it is immensely useful, especially in new release times. // Dune

:: The Problem ::

Since Teeworlds 0.6 came out, the 0.5 server list has been dying out - while not a problem per se, it also ment that (race) servers with a lot of maps went down. This caused many good (race) maps to be lost since 0.5.
Teeworlds 0.7 will also be released some day, and the same problem could occur.
Also, sometimes you'll be looking for some specific map - but there's no good place to search for maps so far.

:: The Solution ::

Another map collection! Why another? Because Kottizen's and G@mer's map collection are down for good, so we currently have no place to collect maps. I tried to reach both of them, but the map files collected by them are on old, inaccessible hardware (so basically no way to reach them).

:: The Realization ::

I'm trying to build this new map collection, and already collected a good number of maps. But the collection is by far not complete - it needs more maps. smile It'll go public shortly, I'm still thinking of a good way to present that many maps to the user.

EDIT 2016-08-16: The current link is https://heinrich5991.de/teeworlds/maps/web/ or https://heinrich5991.de/teeworlds/maps/maps/

:: How can I help? ::

We currently got quite some maps, map upload is closed for now.

:: Credits ::

Maps contributed by:
Apmox
Blue
BotoX
Dunedune
east
eeeee
fisted
flamin
FuN~EleFaNt
Haleluja
heinrich5991
MertenNor
noother
Oy
ozzy
Pikotee
Robyte
Shahan
Sonix
traitor
unsigned char*
yemDX
wra (Clan)
Zeta-Hoernchen
And some unnamed person.

Re: [MAP PACK] Map collection

really neat idea man. i have a lot of maps, does it search subfolders. i could simply put them all in /downloaded. I have all the maps from the other sites and more.

It only searches in the downloadedmaps folder, but you can upload your maps to some other file hoster too and send me the link - I'll add them too - that way, you don't to have to mess with your folder structure.

TL;DR: You don't have to use that tool, you can also just 7zip or rar the files and upload them to a filehoster like solidfiles.com. (And send me the link ofc :) )

---

NON-WORKING UPLOADER

Oh, that's simple. Download this neat tool, it'll upload all your downloaded maps to a central server:
Windows:
twmapsupload.exe (7.9MB)
Linux
Mac OS X

Linux and Mac OS X coming soon (I promise), shouldn't take too long, because everything is portable Python code.

:: What will the program do? ::

Nothing, until you press the Start button. Afterwards it will:

1. Search for maps in the downloadedmaps directory of your user

2. Compress them, so they can be sent faster

3. Upload them to the server

That's it.

Windows XP screenshot:
Screenshot of twmapsupload.exe

4 (edited by east 2013-08-28 21:46:25)

Awesome GUI big_smile
Did you use something like PyInstaller? Details please smile
(currently uploading my maps using a xp vm)

Great project! And that's wonderful that YOU run it smile It give me hope about good results wink

heinrich5991 wrote:

TL;DR: You don't have to use that tool, you can also just 7zip or rar the files and upload them to a filehoster like solidfiles.com. (And send me the link ofc smile )

About 2 years ago I changed my PC and saved some popular DDRace maps from my downloadedmaps folder. Maybe, you need some of them. Now you can take them here and add to your collection :3

6 (edited by 2013-08-28 23:29:08)

east wrote:

Awesome GUI big_smile
Did you use something like PyInstaller? Details please smile
(currently uploading my maps using a xp vm)

Details:
GUI with wxWidgets
"Designed" using wxglade
Used with wxpython
Rest of the code (obviously): python 2.7
Packaged into single exe using pyInstaller

If you want more details or the code, tell me!

east, your upload is incomplete. (Could be an error in my code, or you simply cancelled it smile )

7 (edited by east 2013-08-29 15:54:38)

^
The upload interrupted at ~8 MB. I tried it twice sad
Edit: done

8 (edited by traitor 2013-08-30 19:08:30)

Great to see that someone wants to keep that project going, sharing maps for our beloved game smile
I have really appreciated G@mer's public map database server, a great approach to preview maps, sort them by gametype and even let people upload further maps. Of course because of the automated process it had some faulty versions and lots of doubles, though it has been an excellent place to look for new or old maps. Let us know what you have in mind.

So if you do not mind redundancy and the fact,
that I have never deleted the map folder which must contain maps from 0.4.x times,
you could download around 1300 files from solidfiles.com.

Hopefully I can find some of my old maps... idiot me deleted them all... :-(

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

10 (edited by firecracker 2013-09-02 23:16:24)

Good idea, brilliant GUI.
What's that quote, about perfection only being achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there's nothing left to take away... wink
I've got quite a collection which I've acquired from a few people. I'll get them uploaded for you smile
[EDIT]...at least, I will once the Linux uploader is completed tongue

Ah. I have quite a few maps myself, some of them I haven't played on since the release of 6.1. (But that's not very long ago, right?)

Maybe I'll upload some, perhaps. Maybe.

no

The King of Teeworlds has sent his blessings with maps from early 2010

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Changes
  • Normalized CRCs

• Partially fixed file name string encoding bugs

yemDX's blessing
yemDX wrote:

The King of Teeworlds has sent his blessings with maps from early 2010

I received the blessings. smile

In the topic I made a few years ago I remembered I had a map collection done with HHB, here's the direct link, if you happen to need one of those they're all up and ready for download. https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … index.html

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Apmox wrote:

In the topic I made a few years ago I remembered I had a map collection done with HHB, here's the direct link, if you happen to need one of those they're all up and ready for download. https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … index.html

Thanks, trying to add them.

Hey guys,

Long time ago my mapbase went down in cause of huge cpu usage and daily ddos attacks. I really thoght about bringing it back a long time. By now it seems like heinrich did the job for me.

But there are some good news, I will contribute the whole ( ~ 7000 ) maps by October this year. I'll also reach out to you heinrich to talk about creating a official mapbase maybe.

Greetings,
G@mer

Any updates on the map database?

Would love if I can look at some of my old maps... :-)

Tee Killa wrote:

Any updates on the map database?

Would love if I can look at some of my old maps... :-)

Hey Tee Killa,

yes there are some Updates wink
I'm currently getting heinrichs Maps into my Database and I'm glad to tell you that we've got exactly
23133  Maps in the database for now wink

Some features which will get hopefully implemented:

- Map Upload by entering a server ( special client )
- screenshots generated in the browser
- servers with that map which are currently online
- new page layout

I'm currently working on the new webpage and try to get it done as soon as possible to get an alpha version of the page online wink I Will reach out to you with some updates soon wink

You can look at the bare maps at http://heinrich5991.de/teeworlds/maps/maps/ (as of 30.10.2013, no guarantee that it will stay there).

Oh wow, those are A LOT of maps! yikes

I really did find some of my old maps.
Awesome work you guys did with that project. *thumbs up*

Thanks Tee Killa smile

There is a small ALPHA Version ready for you: http://maps.moon-soft.de/

You can browse the maps and download them. No more functions in the Alpha for now wink

enjoy it wink

Heinrich, I found four ctf_auroch_pathos in there. Please remove all of them and replace them with the one in here:

https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11117

23 (edited by Ryozuki 2016-05-16 17:28:56)

You can upload them to github, like ddnet https://github.com/ddnet/ddnet-maps/tre … ddmax/maps
And people would be able to add more

Pathos wrote:

Heinrich, I found four ctf_auroch_pathos in there. Please remove all of them and replace them with the one in here:

https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11117

The current version of `ctf_auroch_pathos` is now online.

As I want to collect all versions of all maps, removing some of them would go against the spirit of the collection, I'd rather not do that. hmm

Ryozuki wrote:

You can upload them to github, like ddnet https://github.com/ddnet/ddnet-maps/tre … ddmax/maps
And people would be able to add more

The git repository is really large, I don't think I can host it on GitHub.