Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

I have no idea if it has already been braught up, but mute chat option is much needed...

Chat sounds are so annoying. :-P

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

1,327 (edited by Sonix 2013-08-08 14:47:29)

Slayer *gV* wrote:

- invisibility, that lasts for few seconds and until you do any attack
- regeneration, that heals you up slowly for few seconds (or even your ammo)
- heal, that heals you fully
- speed (move and or reloads)
- shield, that blocks few damage (10?)

/discuss

Does that idea come from dota or something like that?  smile
What I think about is that I'd like to test it in game if someone's time to code it I'd really appreciate it..

And what about camping issues?

Tee Killa wrote:

I have no idea if it has already been braught up, but mute chat option is much needed...

Chat sounds are so annoying. :-P

This so much. The reason I wanted to learn to modify sources in the first place was to mute the chat sounds.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Whats this talking about powerups here? Ive heared that they probably will be implemented in 7.0,
but thats not yet. Is there a test version to play somewhere?
To be honest, even without ever testing it i highly oppose the idea of powerups in vanilla.
It makes fights less dependant on player skill but on luck to find certain powerups. It will completely shift the
balance of the game, because those powerups do grant advatages without drawbacks. Ive seen that in Quake Live
with quadra damage powerups - here it maybe will not be that extreme, but generally its the same.
I love Teeworlds for what it is: Jump in a game and fight someone. No advantages, i can fight with hammer and gun,
or go for other weapons which do NOT give you flat advantage like +1 damage, and thats right because it shouldnt
in favor of fair and skilled gameplay. I fear powerups will completely ruin this.

Additionally, as Tee Killa wrote, mute chat is really neccessary. Ill even consider switching to an older version because right now i have sounds completely disabled, which i dont like. I like teeworlds sounds but chat sound was
unneccessary, forcing them a crime.

Arrob wrote:

Whats this talking about powerups here? Ive heared that they probably will be implemented in 7.0,
To be honest, even without ever testing it i highly oppose the idea of powerups in vanilla.
It makes fights less dependant on player skill but on luck to find certain powerups. It will completely shift the
balance of the game, because those powerups do grant advatages without drawbacks. Ive seen that in Quake Live
with quadra damage powerups - here it maybe will not be that extreme, but generally its the same.
I love Teeworlds for what it is: Jump in a game and fight someone. No advantages, i can fight with hammer and gun,
or go for other weapons which do NOT give you flat advantage like +1 damage, and thats right because it shouldnt
in favor of fair and skilled gameplay. I fear powerups will completely ruin this.

Additionally, as Tee Killa wrote, mute chat is really neccessary. Ill even consider switching to an older version because right now i have sounds completely disabled, which i dont like. I like teeworlds sounds but chat sound was
unneccessary, forcing them a crime.

About the chat, maybe only use a sound when someone uses your name in a message.

Arrob wrote:

I am talking about balanced powerups that are worth fighting for, adding new strategies and gameplays to vanilla teeworlds, without ruining the current one.
And thats why Sonix askes for some test-implements, to check this.
Personally, i doubt a rune to give you slow regeneration (like 1 heart/s for 10s) won't break the gameplay at all.

1,332 (edited by zoomer 2013-08-11 14:03:05)

Can someone point me to thread where aim-bot prevention was declined "red" in first post so i can understand why such a great game is ruined by players cheating, like the "now dead" open source game tremulous, new players like myself quit because it is no fun to play against these players

i would suggest a closed source version with some alterations to break all current hacks

This has been discussed a huge lot and the main reason why it's been rejected is that it's simply not possible to fight efficiently bots. Your suggestions have obviously already been debated, and they're not reasonable.

You're exaggerating a lot the impact of bots on Teeworlds, maybe you're also underestimating what humans can do, and thus overestimate the amount of bots on the servers.

Please avoid further discussion on that topic, unless it's for linking to other threads. Thank you.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

No problem you've lost a player "me" due to cheats what ever thats worth i have no reason to exaggerate

Closed source games like minecraft and runescape are more free from cheating in my opinion.

zoomer wrote:

Closed source games like minecraft and runescape are more free from cheating in my opinion.

Yeah, I also think so. Closed source games like minecraft and runescape are more free from cheating in my opinion.

PS: It was just easy google searches.

The rune mod discussion moved to this thread

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

1,337 (edited by HMH 2013-08-26 19:01:02)

My ideas for the next version

Serverlist:

If I want to follow some tees to another server I refresh my server list but quite often only 500 of about 1000 servers are displayed. So I have to refresh it several times until I finally can find my friends. yikes

= why not store all ips from list clientsided and only refresh from masterserver if you want to find new servers and remove unused ips

A bounce tile:

It changes your direction of movement like walls do it with laser but it does not decrease your speed. To be realistic it takes a short time to catapult you away. In my opinion this would add something new and nice to gameplay.
Imagine bouncing on slopes big_smile

Impersonating:

a)Fonts:
As its still possible to impersonate some tees I would like to see some more than one font to choose.
Example for impersonating: Maple = MapIe hmm (ingame I was not able to see a difference)

b)Unicode
Since there are much cool utf8 names (like mine tongue )I think they should not be banned totally. To avoid impersonating anyway add a serveroption to show utf8 or not.

edit: now this is post 1337 tongue

Luck is allowed

HMH wrote:

My ideas for the next version
Serverlist:

If I want to follow some tees to another server I refresh my server list but quite often only 500 of about 1000 servers are displayed. So I have to refresh it serveral times until I finally can find my friends. yikes

= why not store all ips from list clientsided and only refresh from masterserver if you want to find new servers and remove unused ips

Lookslike caching. IMO that's interesting idea that may reduce master servers stressing.

How about "Half Harts"? (as HP) so damage has more variation.. so 20 half harts = 10 harts we now have

mushoku-no

HMH wrote:

Serverlist:

If I want to follow some tees to another server I refresh my server list but quite often only 500 of about 1000 servers are displayed. So I have to refresh it several times until I finally can find my friends. yikes

Kinda like what heinrich suggested on #533

HMH wrote:

Impersonating:

a)Fonts:
As its still possible to impersonate some tees I would like to see some more than one font to choose.
Example for impersonating: Maple = MapIe hmm (ingame I was not able to see a difference)

b)Unicode
Since there are much cool utf8 names (like mine tongue )I think they should not be banned totally. To avoid impersonating anyway add a serveroption to show utf8 or not.

a) #1106
b) #1129

what about adventure mode for no internet player like mission each mission you should make some thing like first mission get the flag and back to base there is tee to kill them computer moves them automatic then next kill them all and third try to finish this map and we need new weapons that help in ctf like first kamikaze player kill him self with explode kill every body expect his team to save flag catcher and so on

I'd like to have a server setting implented.
I thought about toggling dynamic camera range from the server side, so that an admin would get the possibility to allow or disallow .

Furthermore, I'd like to know whether it is possible to prevent a zoom exploit ?

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

jxsl13 wrote:

Furthermore, I'd like to know whether it is possible to prevent a zoom exploit ?

No, because of dynamic camera. The vision range is currently limited to the minimum.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

1,344 (edited by siimon 2013-09-25 21:09:57)

1 A movable block, for example: A|--O---------|B
the block follows a rail and moves from A to B and back.

2 Dropping weapons is possible.

3 Recently joined server list. 10 servers max.

4 "Floor On Fire" idea by Landil, somekind of "Fireball" you can pick up and then use this powerup 1 time, and the fireball spawns realy rarely

OH, and this: PLEASE add keep the Shadows in the Grass_main.png, because in the 0.7.0's grass_main, the shadows are gone! PLEASE bring them back !! they're soo much used in DDRace and stuff! pls!

mushoku-no

siimon wrote:

1 A movable block, for example: A|--O---------|B
the block follows a rail and moves from A to B and back.

Nop sure about that.
Teeworlds is a shooting game.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

True, but still it will add a lot of possibillities ^^

mushoku-no

1,347 (edited by android272 2013-11-03 09:30:06)

I would like to suggest some improvements to the look and feel of the tees.  Currently Tees look rather odd. When you look left your feet are still pointing right.

Default standing tee

Split the tee in half and make it so when you are looking 91 degrees through 270 degrees you are looking left, and when you are looking 271 degrees through 90 degrees you are looking right.  This makes the tee look much more natural when walking. NOTE: flip the entire skin, as some user generated skins might look weird if the body is not flipped.

Left right tee

Now if you look at most fan art of Tees and even art that is posted of tees on the main website they have two arms.

Large tee

I suggest taking current arm from the skin and adding it to the top of the body.  When the tee moves then the arm will swing back and fourth like a pendulum. Something else that you could do to make this look even better would be to put the gun above the body when the Tee is looking left.

Tee with left hand

The best part of this all is that you would not need to change the layout of the skin. All you need to do is have the skin flip when the tee is looking left and use the same arm for both right and left arms.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

That is a really good point!
A sharp analysis and even suggestions how to change the current behaviour to a more "natural looking" movement. Which means the character might be based on human behaviour, turning around with head and body smile Of course you could argue against and say these round beings follow a completely different physique resulting in the current situation, however like android272 wrote: it is an odd behaviour and bothered me slightly since the very beginning.
In a fast paced match this does not come to my attention, while in slower matches it is clearly visible.

Whether it needs to be changed at all or is possible for any upcoming version, I am glad you made a clear statement like that with images, so I could sign it as well.

it is the little details that will stick out like a sore thumb and throw the whole thing off. This is speechlessly evident when you play with a user generated Tee. It just makes the whole game look bad and unpolished. Which is a real shame with such an awesome game.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

1,350 (edited by Broken 2013-11-03 05:18:31)

Wow android272 that's a terrific suggestion, and pretty easy implementation. I like it.