Topic: Teeworlds Clanzone

Hello

Long ago, i announced that something would happen based on the clan situation back then and right now. Well, me and my team have been working very long on it (maybe a bit too long, inactivity sux...).
Anyway, we have a project going on and we need every1 to participate in it, especially those who are active in vanilla.

Let me introduce to you the project that we have started. This is a basic F.a.Q about it. NOTE: i am not sorry for the long post wink
---------------------------------------------
Clanzone

his topic will help you to understand what´s the Project all about. If You have additional questions about it, ask me over PM wink
Here we go

Q: What is the "Clanzone"
A: The Clanzone is a project startet by the EVIL clan which should help to maintain and ensure the sustainability of clans in Teeworlds. It will help players to find clans, clans to find members, the project will generally support the clans with almost everything a clan needs to know and to have.

Q: What is it all about?
The Idea is pretty simple. To make the text shorter, here a small list what the project is all about:
- motivate new ppl to create new clans
- teach the newbies how to manage a clan, the players and teach the players how to play on maps, how to fight! (tactic area - not sharing our own in detail)
- assure newbies that they are going to be supported
- get clans in touch with sponsors so that they can get own servers and stuff (if they fulfill the requirements for sponsoring)
- people who want to join a clan can get easy access over that page to all information about other clans and can choose from it the best fitting.
- help to make organizational stuff easier (events, tournaments etc)
- give the ability to clan leaders to be in touch with the main admins or at least the news mods so that we can get always the freshest and exclusive news on the front page
- showing results of clan/fun wars in a separate section
- clan and public server listing (serious and well played servers only)
There are even more things that this project could accomplish but the ideas for it will come with time

Q: What is it that makes this project so special?
A: Since it is temporary the only international (Europe atm) community focusing only on clans, it is by itself something special. This is a place where clans and players meet, where sponsors can be found, where all the help can be put on a table where the costumers can choose for free. Here is a list what the project will also contain:
- library/list with all active clans including basic information - here an example on our page. also including clan statistics - skill lvl, member count and similar.
- presenting news about events, created and passed away clans, member leaves and joinings (like our teeworlds news section)
- F.A.Q. - what else
- member market (clanless players can report themselves there, making a global application to any clan at the same time which raises the chance to be accepted by a clan)
- support for newbies (tactical area, maybe with some youtube clips in it besides text and pictures)
- sponsoring for clans (any1 willing can participate with servers, web space, designing skills etc)
- tournament/event organization section and staff (news, upcoming events, ladder tables, results etc)
- english only (since we want to make it an international community, including the american continent with time wink  )
- discussion forum for organizing wars, events, member search and moaaarrr

Q: What is this project going to support?
A: This project has a goal as mentioned before. It will support all vanilla clans who are asking for help and who want to be part of this. With time, the project will grow and maybe the Insta scene will also be supported, depending on if it is really necessary to do that step

Q: What is the project made of?
A: The Project has a backbone and a nerve system, in other words, a page where all the magic happens, and a bunch of wizards who cast spells (a team). The page is of course the key element within. It contains a forum, guestbook, news, member and clan areas, rankings, helpful information etc etc. The page is working with webspell since it is easy to use and contains much of the content the team needs to help organizing everything

The team consists of many many many members who make all the magic happen with ease since 1 person can´t run all the stuff. The team is set up by a hierarchy running from the top organizers (must be me tongue ) to the simple henchmen doing the most simple tasks. The team is split into sectors in which they commence their work. Each sector has a team leader who is in charge for what ever happens in that sector. He has a bunch of people which he is leading to make the job done. The team leader can assemble his team by himself. But there is only a limited number of free slots in each sector.

Q: Could you explain the hierarchy one more time?
A: To make a long story short, here is how it is looking like atm:
Click me hard > smile

Q: What are those sectors doing?
A: Each sector has its job. Here is a list with explanations of the sectors based on the scheme above
Project leadership - overall owner
Admin council - made by all admins in the project
HRM - consultant for the project leadership, having and eye on the other admins, recruiting new staff etc
Page admin - taking care of the page and the work of his team
---designer & coder - making the page look nice and work properly
---news writer - writing news about the happenings in the teeworld scene
Forum admin - running forum and taking care of the mod team
---glob mod and mod - usual mod stuff
Clan/member services admin - making sure that clans and members are being taking care of
---clan management - gathering informations about all clans, delivering changes in the clans to the news team etc
---member management - helping freelancer players (non clan players) to find a fitting clan and similar stuff
Event team - organizing events, tournaments, help org. clanwars and posting the results on the page (view the upcoming match and altest matches)
Marketing & support - promotion of our porject
---sponsorships - making sure that the project has enough sponsors for itself, for the clans,
---support - providing the informations people need, who to contact in which situation, writing F.A.Q., tutorials, answering to problems and question and providing support

Q: How can people support this project?
A: There are 3 ways of supporting our project:
1. Sponsors - sponsoring anything and everything. The project itself temporary doesn´t need a sponsor, but we need sponsors for the clans. any1 willing to participate as a partner/sponsor of the project is very welcome - contact over PM please
2. Application for the team - applications will be done here until the whole page is done and working properly.
3. Participating as a non team member - Non team members such as clans and freelance players can help by supporting the news team with information about happenings, telling people about the project, sharing vid´s and pictures, using the forum of the project and all similar activity is mostly welcome

Q: How can people apply to work within the project and how will they be set on what position?
A: Every1 who is interested in joining the project can do it here in this board. Regardless of being a member of EVIL or not. There also won´t be any benefits for EVIL members within the projects. I will create a small application sheet where every1 can apply by answering simple questions. This questions will help us to assemble the team based on the position that some1 is applying for. The biggest advantage in this situation is to bring some experience with you

Q: I am already a member of an another supporting community, is that a problem?
A: Of course not, but be aware that a lack of activity could cost your position, doesn´t matter which position you get.

Q: What are the benefits for me?
A: Depending on your position in the project, these are the benefits:
1. Team member - it is simple, since you are part of the organization, your name will be spread and known within the community and the members. also, the feeling that you helped some1 is also priceless.
2. Clan - as mentioned before, clans get all they need to become stronger and more stable: sponsoring, designs (logo, banner, even pages), members, presentations, hints/tips/tricks, strategies, easier organization of real clanwars (which will be reported on the page, with results etc), events and so on
3. Freelancer - (player without a clan) the freelancer has the ability to choose and to apply for any clan they are interested in. thanks to the clan library, the player can find the best fitting clan for him. Also they can participate in various events.

Q: What do the clans have to do?
A: Every clan who wants to get registered and to be mentioned officially within the project, they have to fulfill some requirements (has nothing to do with the requirements for sponsoring). for example: leader (or an assigned person for representing the can) has to be in touch with the news team so that all happenings within the clan can be recorded (applications, joins, leaves, rule changes etc) and published in the news section

Q: I want to help the project by sponsoring it/i am leading a gaming community/similar - what shall i do?
A: Contact me and we will find something for our mutual advantage
--------------------------------------------------------

I hope that this explains what it is all about. We are looking now for more activity and additional team members for the project. There are still several things that are left to be done, for example adding texts, information, downloadables and so on, this is also a part where everyones help is needed. The forum will also be finished soon since we have already a backbone created how it will look alike.

The site is running on webspell (domain and design by me, coded by Limit and Sonix) since it is best suited for the stuff we need.

This is the link with which you can enter the page > http://tw-clanzone.com/index.php

All who are interested in taking part, meaning: support, becoming a team member, owning graphical and video editing skills, etc etc, please visit the EVIL forum (http://evil-twc.tk/), register and write a application there. Until the forum of the project is not done yet, it will be the main gathering point for discussions, suggestions etc. We really hope to get this done very soon so that we can revive the scene smile

If you have additional questions about this project, post em here, i will try to answer as fast as possible

Thanks for reading and showing your interest in this project big_smile

Re: Teeworlds Clanzone

TW is a pretty simple game and, just my own advice, it might pay to maybe simplify this a bit. I think some kind of simple clanzone page would be nice.

Alucard wrote:

Project leadership - overall owner
Admin council - made by all admins in the project
HRM - consultant for the project leadership, having and eye on the other admins, recruiting new staff etc

OMG, its an enterprise !
Why don't you register as a startup already, and begin distributing actions, stock options and stuff ?

Seriously though, i think the hierarchy is killing the fun out of a community project.
It sounds like « Yes you can contribute to this yet inexistant project if you submit to my almighty power »

I find G@mer's approach to the community much better : « Here is what i did, what do you think ? »
And he's even kind enough to get the suggestions done.

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

A bit of hierarchy is definitely needed in every project/community imo. It quickly loses direction without leaders, and it goes way slower were nobody is responsible for anything.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

TeecTac wrote:

OMG, its an enterprise !
Why don't you register as a startup already, and begin distributing actions, stock options and stuff ?

Seriously though, i think the hierarchy is killing the fun out of a community project.
It sounds like « Yes you can contribute to this yet inexistant project if you submit to my almighty power »

I find G@mer's approach to the community much better : « Here is what i did, what do you think ? »
And he's even kind enough to get the suggestions done.

the stock market was the next step, but first it has to get on rolling tongue

the hierarchy is simply because i like to work with sectors and in that case, every1 knows what he has to do, besides, it is a combination of them both you mentioned above. every single idea will be considered to be put to action if it is for the benefit of the community. the hierarchy is not in the way: "i chief, obey me!"
everything has it´s reason and purpose, so if you are willing to know about it in detail, let me know and i will explain, no big deal smile

the main part is the fun of course, but without good organization you can throw everything overboard.
take this simple picture as an example:
the tip of the iceberg is the stuff that people will see, the part that players and clans will experience and enjoy
the part under the sea level is the organizational stuff which has to be done so that everything is running smoothly, and the clans and normal players/members will not see that, they will just see the end result, f.e.: a tournament, an event, results of clanwars and so on smile

Totally amazing!
I was wondering if you have abandoned your great idea, since I first read it I was glad someone finally is willing to manage such a big project!
As team member of a rather small teeworlds league and maintainer of a forum I think I can understand your approach and your iceberg image is a frightening good visualisation smile
Although I dont consider myself as part of vanilla teeworlds, I wish you all the best!

Eventually single players and teams might accept your website and understand how to benefit smile

7 (edited by Variecs 2013-02-27 20:01:08)

I'm not sure that lack of clan activity is the point right now. It looks more like we need more active players that do want to learn and become professionals. So main thing you should do for Teeworlds is advertising and spreading the information about it. Still, some movement, teamwork, shooting and hooking guides would be nice. I've already put my attention to the movement system and probably I can write some kind of complex guide about what Teeworlds physics are, which movement abilities do you have and how can you use them. This will take time, but the game existing for already 5 years is not afraid of taking too much time. If I will manage to do it, I will contact you and provide you with that guide.

Variecs wrote:

I'm not sure that lack of clan activity is the point right now. It looks more like we need more active players that do want to learn and become professionals. So main thing you should do for Teeworlds is advertising and spreading the information about it. Still, some movement, teamwork, shooting and hooking guides would be nice. I've already put my attention to the movement system and probably I can write some kind of complex guide about what Teeworlds physics are, which movement abilities do you have and how can you use them. This will take time, but the game existing for already 5 years is not afraid of taking too much time. If I will manage to do it, I will contact you and provide you with that guide.

Besides everything, the project has the goal to motivate people to create clans, to raise activity. Maybe those future leaders will call their class mates to join them. Even if their clan fails (what i really don´t want), those players may become addictive to tw and they start something on their own, join another or create a completely new one. That would also raise the number of players in total smile

I am looking forward to see that guide, it will be put on the project homepage with credits to you smile

@traitor
Thank you for your positive feedback smile
I hope that you will one day manage a way to join our cause since every helping had would be most welcome, especially in that league part wink

Nice, maybe someday there will be something like this for Instagib players!

no

Sadly i don't have the time right now to support such a big project,
but i'm sure that this could get the most important project in this time for teeworlds.

Foreseeing unexpected awesome results!

thank you guys smile

we are also looking graphic designers (for supporting those new pups with logos, skins etc), coders for several things (league would be the first thing, helping a new clan to tweak a clans site)

of course, we are looking for sponsors, not for us, but for the clans. so every one who can spare one or multiple ts3 servers or game servers would be very welcome. of course, sponsoring means for free. in return you can´t expect money, BUT, you can set conditions as you like (for example: visiting your site 30 times a month, your name/community name in the server name, or in the welcome message etc), conditions which are acceptable for the new clans.

all of this is only for the new ones to motivate them to start some serious gaming smile
and as mentioned before, if this works, we can also expand to instagib, but i would not like to scatter everything at the beginning, it takes time smile

well i support this....orange peanut?

Removed the whole offtopic.
If you missed something: yemDX doesn't like the project, Shit doesn't like yemDX.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

14 (edited by Zodiac 2013-03-07 12:19:30)

Off topic: I said no offtopic // Dune

On topic: I think this is a great idea.

Dune wrote:

Removed the whole offtopic.
If you missed something: yemDX doesn't like the project, Shit doesn't like yemDX.

Ye, sorry about the unrelated post!

I look forward too see how this Clanzone progresses, Alucard! I know we share some common visions about this
project, soo i hope it succeeds!

16 (edited by 2013-04-05 12:26:06)

thx Dune smile

we still need team members. pls contact me if interested
the jobs can be viewed as the blue and lime green (sry, our forum has a black background so it is easier to view) sentences in my first post

thx

@ Shit
we do so too, thanks smile

*push*

http://tw-clanzone.com/

we are still searching for team members and active participants wink

how is the project going by now?

18 (edited by Alucard 2014-02-20 08:50:27)

visit the link damn you big_smile

but still, we are looking for staff members, sponsors/partners smile

since a few months have past, this can´t be counted as a double post ^^

anyway, i´d like to inform all of you that the clanzone is up and running again with a completely new design, simplified and more organized.

i am still looking for some sponsors/partners and staff members. i hope that the project will get some feedback, support and hopefully more visitors smile

If you people don´t mind, i´ll link here all the newest posts made on Clanzone. I am sure tat everyone will benefit from it smile

Roster changes

roster not rooster

20 (edited by Alucard 2014-04-12 15:21:19)

thanks for telling. i´ve made the changes smile

Latest happenings

Roster changes

New clan - Rinju

EVIL closes EsT wing

Sirmilion is down

Roster changes 24.3.2014

Small reconstruction on TW-Clanzone.com

Roster changes 28.3.2014

Latest news:

Roster changes 12.4.2014

New stuff

update smile

21 (edited by TW-Clanzone 2014-06-09 12:48:28)

News:
Roster changes - 09.06.2014<- NEW
Mana depleted<- NEW
Roster changes 2.6.2014
New content added
Comments
New clan - Red Wings
Roster changes 25.05.2014
5th Anniversary

New stuff:
To give you a better overview about the activity and the strength of the clans, we added monthly standings for the matches.

Moreover we uploaded some game sets and skinpacks in the download section (gamefiles). Because we realized that some teeskins didn't look very nice in game, we tried to clean their outlines.

example
http://s7.directupload.net/images/140515/wk2w36ud.png

Furthermore there is a forum on clanzone now. Here you can find information about the latest happenings in the vanilla scene and upcoming events. Missing matches can be posted and of course there is a board for you to get support by us.

News:
Teeworlds Tournament #2
Roster changes 12.5.2014
New clan - Magic
Teeserver.de definately closed
Dead Head is back?

New stuff:
After we added a matches section (shows the played vanilla clanwars) and updated the clans section (new clan portfolios and overview about the latest applications), we extended our download section. Besides the clients, there is also a collection of vanilla maps now. More alterations coming soon.

Sponsoring:
We are still looking for sponsors (game servers and more), so if you are interested in supporting our project you can contact us here: contact.

22 (edited by Alucard 2014-06-11 10:05:43)

The Team behind the curtains
Rinju faced the hour of death

23 (edited by TW-Clanzone 2015-02-19 10:29:24)

Roster changes 16.06.2014

New wiki content (useful) - Free page and forum

TW-Clanzone.com sponsoring - Web space

Roster changes 23.06.2014

Small changes

Roster changes 1.7.2014

Gods of War

Rinju revived

Roster Changes 07.07.2014

Roster changes - 22.07.2014

Roster changes - 16.11.2014

Roster changes - 27.01.2015

Roster changes - 03.02.2015

Clan introduction - Cutthorat

Clan introduction - Ujin/Sama

Roster changes - 09.02.2015

Roster changes - 19.02.2015

Bot detected

Lol Rayon joined 2 clans Aliance and Mars LoL but i don't exept for aim... How noobly

My Vanilla server ip:81.30.158.50:8329
I am Fucking good at chat:D
I like vanilla gm!

Clan introduction - AurOra