Re: A new "Map Working Group"

but this map is so bad in wars ....
totally bad i think...
all like it because you can become very fast veeeryyy easy !
and all think they are pros xD

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

52 (edited by yemDX 2012-08-05 02:31:06)

DARK HUNTER wrote:

ctf5 is by far one of the most modified and played maps.

Maybe it's because of it's unique nature: symetrical;divided into Red Territory;Neutral Territory and Blue Territory as well as Main Level;Top side and Bottom side. It is also very open.

I hope you know every other official ctf map is symmetrical besides ctf1, and every other map can be divided into different territories

It being open just means you are less likely to fuck up during movement. It's boring to play on unless it's a 16 player server, which then it's just target practice because the only people who play on it are scrubs

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Nice!

yemDX wrote:
DARK HUNTER wrote:

ctf5 is by far one of the most modified and played maps.

Maybe it's because of it's unique nature: symetrical;divided into Red Territory;Neutral Territory and Blue Territory as well as Main Level;Top side and Bottom side. It is also very open.

I hope you know every other official ctf map is symmetrical besides ctf1, and every other map can be divided into different territories

It being open just means you are less likely to fuck up during movement. It's boring to play on unless it's a 16 player server, which then it's just target practice because the only people who play on it are scrubs

I know that.
Maybe it's the spirit of hard work the author put into it that makes it good big_smile

Once in a century...

Thing wrote:

Maybe it's the spirit of hard work the author put into it that makes it good big_smile

I definitely can feel the love the author put into these binaries files. That's probably why the map is so popular.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Maybe its just the good feeling, that even he is able to strike some frags on this noob-map.

Btw whats about getting back on topic?

so that means that teeworlds 0.7 wont come out at least till  november ? that would be a real bummer ( sorry for going offtopic)
but great idea anyway

Teeworlds!!!!

Maps will still keep dying. We need to do something, like starting lawsuits against bad mappers.

Hey I've been doing some mapping lately and was wondering what is going on with the 0.7 graphics. At the moment grass_main and grass_doodads have been rearranged and there are generic lamps. What else is being changed and what can we expect or has that not yet been decided? Also I'd kindly ask that some sort of generic water tile set is included. There are a number of good ones out there already but are not included in teeworlds.

I´m realllllly looking forward to see new official maps. When I play ctf and search a server with many players, there is only ctf5 available nearlly everytime! Hope this will change soon smile

Loving TW since 2010 smile

What if we abolish official maps altoghether?

lamefun wrote:

What if we destroyed vanilla directly? Come on, man..

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

lamefun wrote:

mad mad
I am tired of it. Plain tired of your complaints. The curennt official maps are pretty good.
All maps are at least playable. (Please shutup lamefun)

no

I like the idea, but i'm not sure it's gonna work. The game was made for ctf2, not the opposite. That's why it's really hard to create some new map being as good as ctf2 while not being the same. But i guess some of our prominent minds could solve that issue.
I wasn't active ingame for a year, and i'm not going to be. But i think i will get back to mapping to help improve the new versions, so hopefully once they will be as active as the previous ones were. I hope i will be useful.

Jonas the Roman wrote:

I´m realllllly looking forward to see new official maps. When I play ctf and search a server with many players, there is only ctf5 available nearlly everytime! Hope this will change soon smile

That's easy, just start playing more often on the servers that don't host CTF5 even if there are only a couple of players in them. There are plenty but they won't get popular if people don't play on them. Just stick around and see if others enter. Chances are it will take a while but once the ball gets rolling it may become a popular server at least for a while.

Nilaya wrote:

That's easy, just start playing more often on the servers that don't host CTF5 even if there are only a couple of players in them. There are plenty but they won't get popular if people don't play on them. Just stick around and see if others enter. Chances are it will take a while but once the ball gets rolling it may become a popular server at least for a while.

Ehhmmm..  the problem is exactly this, people only join where most players are
this is veeeery rare to find someone alone waiting for others to join, they just refresh and choose anything to go on
big_smile

and new players only know about DDRace because they are almost the only servers always on the top of the list
sad

(+) in ctf, normally - eg: like CTF 2 - the old players ALWAYS kick the new ones - the ones which are not their friends -  and they only play against their own "groups of friends", what makes this even harder to have a change in tw

..my opinion
wink

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

Hello everybody

this thread got a lot of attention, but what is about to come?
Is the main idea delayed because of a later release of teeworlds 0.7 or do you have something else in mind?

Still it is a really great idea in my opinion, so why not giving it a chance?
I guess the tilesets must be ready to convert or create proper maps, but if these are not decided...
well take a look at my signature and you might find my own efforts to promote several old maps for a certain gametype.

UPDATE: Map Working Group officially opened

Since Magnet gave me his position, I'll be leading this group from now on to determine which maps will end up as official maps or maybe get a quality mark (explained below).

Magnet wrote:

This is a community process: everyone can simply propose their maps for inclusion in Teeworlds, granted:
- they accept to license their work under the TW license
- their map is accepted by the Jury.

______

Everyone who want to propose their maps have 2 options:
- Propose it on the forum (in the Maps forum) by adding the [MWG] tag to the title.
- Via Github by opening a new issue for a single map. Click here

______

I'll lead a jury composed of different TW players (mainly highskilled ones). And if anyone wants to take part into the jury,talk to me and I'll decide if you are worthy or not. (I'm very selective)

Of course we'll take note of the feedbacks that the community gives to the proposed maps.

______

Standard criteria for maps:
- Tee style
- High-detail and low-details modes
- Standard tilesets (see Artists to ask if we can make new tilesets official)
- Thoroughly tested with in-game action: record demos ("free" camera mode) to make your case

Oh about the quality marks:
The good maps that aren't worthy to get an official place, but still that have quality, will get a mark (like [QM])
and hosted on servers that run custom maps (quality ones tongue).

The new official Gametypes are: SURvival and  Last man Standing.

That's all for now, if you have questions feel free to ask.

69 (edited by traitor 2013-08-09 01:42:05)

Okay thank your for publishing the news finally!

As we ttalked about it a few days ago, here is my nomination: ctf_daynight.
http://s7.directupload.net/images/user/121221/temp/6xfvdgh4.png
ctf: ctf_daynight
Description: The newest creation is a larger desert themed map with a day / night cycle (about 3 minutes): sun rise and moon, stars flckering at night and several fires are lit, lamps glowing underground at the mine. Clouds are passing by and sometimes even an eagle!
Players: up to 5 against 5
Graphics: uses default tilesets of teeworlds 0.6.x and several additional graphics (you can find those below at (9) ): fireflies, campfires, smaller ladders and a flying eagle. Oh and generic_lamps of teeworlds 0.7. Of course these images can be changed or deleted to depend on default tiles only.
Size:  ↕90 ↔180  (game layer)

You can find more information at my dedicated thread.

There you can find even more maps, but most of those were created for laser CTF / iCTF and require a fast gameplay... and because I do not play with normal weapons I don't dare to judge if any is suitable for your purpose.
Anyway I would like to support your cause to embed further maps!

I vote for ctf_daynight big_smile
Incredible map, nice work.

no

Thank you for the first reply and your honest words. I am sure I can say this in the name of both of us wink

Hm.. Desertcamp is mainly a instagib map, but it has the entities and gameplay needed to be a vanilla map.

@traitor: Your other Ictf maps are awesome too ^^ me and my clan play on them alot.
Sounds like 7.0 is really getting worked on in the way of maps.

no

73 (edited by traitor 2013-01-01 18:26:45)

Oh yes, there are even more maps, lost on default servers, but frequently played at iCTF servers and with embedded entities (weapons and armor).
Wonderful, I didn't imagine someone plays my maps! Why didn't we met in the game yet, Lord Kirby? smile

So this thread is the official place to "work" on maps, present your favorites, suggest new and old maps - and perhaps eventually some will be shipped with teeworlds. Sooner or later I will write about some dedicated maps at this thread too.

Just for sure, i am proposing my work for this project and am waiting for a suggestions.
Here's the link: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10026

75 (edited by Kirbs 2013-01-01 22:29:31)

I'm going to submit this map to the working group.. my new map:
https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10028

I also suggest the vanilla version of desertcamp in the map working group. you can find it here.
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=maps& … desertcamp

Also, traitor, you should enter your other maps as well, they are also master pieces, especially the ctf_desertcave one.

@traitor: We haven't met in the game because I play your maps on a private server.

no