51 (edited by yemDX 2013-03-01 00:42:05)

Re: Should we fork a Mod-friendly version of Teeworlds?

Lord Kirby [HDP] wrote:
HeroiAmarelo wrote:
yemDX wrote:

Look at the community on these forums. Most of the good posters are vanilla players.

You're a vanilla player but you are a bad poster.
Broken's the most mature member on this forum but he like Mods

+1

smile

I agree 100%

Good for both of you, except what you're posting is completely unrelated to the topic at hand. PM me if you have an issue with the way I post, or report me. Same @Dune. No one fucking cares if you think I troll or if I'm a bad poster. Stop sitting up these threads with your posts and actually contribute something.

EDIT:MYOPINIONONTHISSUBJECT http://vocaroo.com/i/s19rPLbohgku

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Ok, we have contributed something.. Our opinion!

Anyway, the developers run the show, and its up to them what happens, but the opinions of their audience should matter.

no

yemDX wrote:

Tip 1: don't play loud music and talk about your game when recording.
Tip 2: avoid crappy jokes.

There wasn't much content in your vocaroo tbh. The thing is, they don't want to just make a whole new name with another game, that wouldn't drag much of the people if it was completely separated (see nodes). You want to keep Teeworlds audience when doing that, thus getting some support from here.

The whole point (if I understood correctly) is to not have to start another forum, another community, another client/server/masterserver, and another game name for that.

Then, if you guys love this much to answer with unquotable audio messages, we sure can get an audio conversation on that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Let me share my opinion as well. Because of my lack of technical knowledge I can only ask some questions.

- As far as I know, there are mostly modifications which affect gameplay server-sided, no different client is necessary to experience a different teeworlds.  Based on this changes on a possible fork might follow this direction.
- On the other hand there are indeed a few server-related mods which require the user to change the client software (n-lvl by MAP94, the foremost mentioned nodes and those made by I do not know, MineTee/H-Client - its not a complete list!).
- A third line of development are pure client modifications (gamer pack, client pack, TDTW, TeeSurf  and much more I forgot about), where some additional user features are provided and in other cases speficic options regarding gametypes / mods. And I think many people are willing to download and use a modified client, if they could benefit from customisations or in general extra features.

Am I correct that you would like to bundle all forces, make use of knowledge from different developers, all involved in changing certain parts of the game (for end-users or server modifications).

In my opinion there are several great approaches what to change, for example providing more options to the client (any user client might serve as example for UI customisations) or on server-side: having different gametypes available or further tuning features.

Even now there is a complete ecosystem (as someone called it) of teeworlds, where one can use only one client at a time. And I can iamgine manye developers like that freedom to do what they want, realise own ideas and not willing to wait on someone elses approval (or worse, disapproval!).

What would change, speed up, improve game development?

traitor wrote:

[..]
In my opinion there are several great approaches what to change, for example providing more options to the client (any user client might serve as example for UI customisations) or on server-side: having different gametypes available or further tuning features.

Even now there is a complete ecosystem (as someone called it) of teeworlds, where one can use only one client at a time. And I can iamgine manye developers like that freedom to do what they want, realise own ideas and not willing to wait on someone elses approval (or worse, disapproval!).

What would change, speed up, improve game development?

Well the main question probably is: "What is teeworlds supposed to be?"

Seems like many ppl here want tw to be some kind of 2D engine, where everyone do what you want^^
As you can see in the irc logs, dune posted, matricks set the scope of teeworlds on the actual game (=vanilla) and didn't focus on the reusability of the underlying stuff and as far as I can say oy also sees teeworlds as the game (?).

Adding some stuff like scriptable GUI doesn't give much value to the actual game, while adding complexity to the code.

I love vanilla but also play mods from time to time (bit ddrace or zcatch, whatever), they give some variety, but /I/ prefer to see some changes which improve vanilla than adding some nice-to-have features or more possiblities for costumization.

(if you rewrite the code, so it's modifiable, you could call it TeeUniverse then (: )

Dune wrote:
yemDX wrote:

Tip 1: don't play loud music and talk about your game when recording.
Tip 2: avoid crappy jokes.

There wasn't much content in your vocaroo tbh. The thing is, they don't want to just make a whole new name with another game, that wouldn't drag much of the people if it was completely separated (see nodes). You want to keep Teeworlds audience when doing that, thus getting some support from here.

The whole point (if I understood correctly) is to not have to start another forum, another community, another client/server/masterserver, and another game name for that.

Then, if you guys love this much to answer with unquotable audio messages, we sure can get an audio conversation on that.

Opinions noted. It wasn't loud music, it was from the game... At the request of Fisted via IRC, here is a new voice file (he practically BEGGED me for this): http://vocaroo.com/i/s1GfTw2xOyJ6 btw i own 4 birds 2 dogs and 2 cats those are the noises in the bg.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Don't slay a pig while recording neither, god.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

58 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2013-03-01 20:35:48)

yemDX wrote:

Stop sitting up these threads with your posts and actually contribute something.

Alright, what was your contribution 'till now?
Btw, MODTeeworlds? big_smile

Wait... Your ideia is 2 clients? One for Vanilla and one for Mods? Wtf?
What if... 1 simple client that... supports Vanilla... and Mods?!

Edit:
"Gtfo 'cuzz noones want you"?
Did you ever realised that everyone hates you?

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:
yemDX wrote:

Stop sitting up these threads with your posts and actually contribute something.

Alright, what was your contribution 'till now?
Btw, MODTeeworlds? big_smile

Wait... Your ideia is 2 clients? One for Vanilla and one for Mods? Wtf?
What if... 1 simple client that... supports Vanilla... and Mods?!

How about no. How about... two clients. On different forums. On different planets. So I don't have to read dumb posts by dumb mod players. I don't want to play dumb mods, so don't put it in my client.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

60 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2013-03-01 20:51:47)

My point is really simple:
Dont wanna play mods?
Dont play them.
Dont wanna see them?
Use the Teeworlds funcions: [X]Standard Gametype | [X]Standard Map

Right now there are 1448 Teeworlds Players online, 204 playing Official Gametypes.
But let us, Mod players, play mods, in peace.

EDIT

Dune wrote:

Fine to me :3

- Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

My point is really simple:
Dont wanna play mods?
Dont play them.
Dont wanna see them?
Use the Teeworlds funcions: [X]Standard Gametype | [X]Standard Map

Right now there are 1448 Teeworlds Players online, 204 playing Official Gametypes.
But let us, Mod players, play mods, in peace.

Don't want african children starving?
Just ignore it.

Dummy. Just get rid of mods and the tw community will instantly improve.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

62 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2013-03-01 20:56:40)

yemDX wrote:

Don't want african children starving?
Just ignore it.

LOL. Are you comparing slarving with Modifications on a Video Game?! XD
"Like... There's a video and you can interact with it"

- Günther Branlutte

Since you look so motivated to start a live audio conversation, see you guys on minus' Mumble

voice.mnus.de:64738.

Let's say tomorrow (Saturday) 16:00pm CET (GMT+1)?
Everyone's welcome.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Would be interested in a audio discussion on this issue, but the way this thread has gone in the last few posts, I doubt that anything constructive coming out of it. Will just end up a bashing fest where vanilla fanboys are shouting how much better vanilla is, and mod fanboys doing the exact same, without anyone listening too each other.

Zodiac wrote:

Would be interested in a audio discussion on this issue, but the way this thread has gone in the last few posts, I doubt that anything constructive coming out of it. Will just end up a bashing fest where vanilla fanboys are shouting how much better vanilla is, and mod fanboys doing the exact same, without anyone listening too each other.

Don't be too pessimistic. It'll be fun either way :D

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Stupid question:
Should I put that on my browser? o_O
It says that the server did not send any data

- Günther Branlutte

Ahahaha nope.

You need to get Mumble, an open-source VoiP.
Then, add voice.mnus.de:64738 as a favorite server and join it smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dont you prefer to use Skype?
Is that many people know skype but noone knows Mumble, Dune.

- Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Dont you prefer to use Skype?
Is that many people know skype but noone knows Mumble, Dune.

You're the one who don't know Mumble.

Skype is really shit, completely bugged here. People gotta stop using skype for everything, mumble/ts/raidcall are way better and more appropriate for that stuff.

Just take a few mins and install Mumble, it's not like we asked you to install another OS.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

70 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2013-03-02 19:43:19)

Dune wrote:

Don't be too pessimistic. It'll be fun either way big_smile

It would had been if anyone would ever join. Lol!

- Günther Branlutte

We were 3, not my fault.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Probably all 3 still following this thread enthusiastic?
No srsly, it was damned to fail.
At least a comment on the start-page or anywhere else would have been obligatory..

Slayer *gV* wrote:

At least a comment on the start-page or anywhere else would have been obligatory..

It's fine with me if people don't care about it. Just hoped yemDX would come to fix some things, that's it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Slayer *gV* wrote:

It's fine with me if people don't care about it. Just hoped yemDX would come to fix some things, that's it.

Was busy with Utacchi, forgot all about it. PM me on IRC at ~22:30 GMT+1 and I'll be available for any voice chatting or discussion you may want. No guarantee I won't be playing a game during that time. I would LOVE to discuss this idea further.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

75 (edited by traitor 2013-03-03 01:53:55)

Okay, now I think it is necessary to add some more ideas to my /our situation with yemDX.
Of course there is no proper place to discuss this, as this forum is meant to find useful information regarding the game.
BUT at a certain point this exact thread became occupied by yemDX.

So dear yemDX, I have only one question before I honestly want to deal with you: why are doing what you are doing at teeworlds.com/forum?

To all the others: we all need some willpower to ignore that person. Keep cool and calm down your attacked mood smile Until s/he reveals reasons to start an argument there is not much to do. Motives to disturb this community might be countless yet you have no chance to seriously discuss anything with yemDX, proven several times. Unless you are moderator with permission of censorship you can't do anything else...
Even if I would think: what is going on with yemDX, might he be some kind of retarded soziopath or just a bored person somehwere on our lovely planet? Its easier to understand someone who attacks your server, whether by ddos or spam, because those exactly tell you: I hate you. Anyway, my point is: you do not have to answer every single post, just pick the ones where you want to participate, contribute something useful, extend the debate. Put your temper aside, forget about your mood and focus on context in question.
In this case, I don't know - so please yemDX, I refer to my question from the beginning.
Honestly I know two people (whose opinion I really value a lot) thinking you are kind of a good person, worth to be taken serious - unfortunately they both do not follow the talk at this forum. So just an example you are wearing some kind of twisted mask here.

I hope you do not delete my message, this has to be said to many useless comments in this thread.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Coming back to the main idea, how many people would you need to accomplish your task?
There are several motivated persons on the forum presenting nice ideas, concepts and implementations of those, I guess that kind of project would need some leading figure - at least in the very beginning.
Have you got any personal messages, more detailed answers maybe?
Don't be discouraged or demotivated by certain negative replies.