Re: Working on: a new skin system for 0.7 or 0.8

Thanks at all for confirming it is not a good idea to discuss IDEAS with the community. If you wanna know why I am not going to show my future development activities, this thread and the power-up thread is the answer. How can we develop and progress if even thinking about IDEAS leads to "all changes suck, keep teeworlds classic"? We do not wanna change teeworlds completely, but we see that vanilla teeworlds needs some game play adjustments.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

52 (edited by Ryomou Hentai Girl 2011-11-20 22:38:00)

Nooooooo Landil.. omg !!!

Landil wrote:

We do not wanna change teeworlds completely, but we see that vanilla teeworlds needs some game play adjustments.

Thank you, thats what i was waiting u answer to me yesterday. Now u did.
big_smile

Ok... vanilla - sorry if you said this before and only NOW i got this =DDDD
^^

And again I repeat: we know that it's not a final version - ofc u have to try before and see the result. As u said, these are only ideas.

And i like (love) the comunity to discuss about it, very much!
Dont get me wrong. As i said, people (we) just fear the changes in game.
We just dont want the game to lose the identity from itself, because this is what is cool in Tw.

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

only to mention it... this thread is about the new skin system... if someone would be so kind to clean this thread up a little...

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

54 (edited by Ryomou Hentai Girl 2011-11-20 22:46:38)

Yes, I agree. I thought the same.
=x

and seems that Landil got angry about the last posts
big_smile

Sorry for saying My opinion here,
but i know that many people had the same thoughts and wanted to see the answers to that.

I thought the forum was for coming and discuss ideas / opinions.
sad

[Fatality]

it is but this thread is about the skin system and not about any other ideas.

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

56 (edited by Ryomou Hentai Girl 2011-11-20 23:03:55)

Then, delete it or send to another topic.
Because this is cool to discuss about the game.
The forum is here for this.
big_smile

About the skins, i said before what i think.
I wont post here anymore. I gonna post in another Topic.
;P

[Fatality]

Hum... as we can see the new ideas are about the graphic part most.

Is that topic about graphics changes?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

seriously... somebody clean this up pls!

*gV* rox ^^

59 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2011-11-21 00:54:53)

Now, Landil, well... you know what to do. I'm sure that you will make a good job, like you have allways done.

I just hope that all the allready created skins dont stop working

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I just hope that all the allready created skins dont stop working

You may hope, but they won't be compatible at all.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

I think is great idea for the new version of teeworlds and i see you put decoration for the head big_smile i love it <3

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

Well, so what's about the compatibility with custom skins?
Can they still be included with a skin-file, and how would it looks like?

And would new skin-elements get included?
Many people love to "design" their own character, so this could be a great chance to provide much more individuality.

The easiest way to find out how the new skin system works is to download and read the pdf.

New tee parts can easily be added by saving them in the corrseponding tee part folder.

I think the idea is epic, Landil. :heart:

I still think the "blink" used when players go AFK should be changed to an actual blink eye rather than a squished normal eye. Cuzzz, some custom skins uses the eyes for more than just it being an eye. In those cases it just looks weird when they get squished each time the thing blinks. hmm

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Lol someday that will also come on game skin

I think no one want to create a new tee with that much elements.

But nice idea ^^

Landil wrote:

Thanks at all for confirming it is not a good idea to discuss IDEAS with the community. If you wanna know why I am not going to show my future development activities, this thread and the power-up thread is the answer. How can we develop and progress if even thinking about IDEAS leads to "all changes suck, keep teeworlds classic"? We do not wanna change teeworlds completely, but we see that vanilla teeworlds needs some game play adjustments.

if i look at the posts before your post, there arent that many negative comments in this topic.
Many more positive.

I think this idea is badass, positively badass! big_smile

Landil, it looks great.. But i think the color picker should be some more.. Tee Style!

I agree that people should be able to keep their personal skins, and not be bounded to predefined tees with stuff..
Looks great though, great add, but be sure people can still have personal skins ?

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

CuBe wrote:

I agree that people should be able to keep their personal skins, and not be bounded to predefined tees with stuff..
Looks great though, great add, but be sure people can still have personal skins ?

But then i would say, the other clients should have another skin, like "not-found.png", what means that the other player uses a skin what we dont have.

And.. Is there any "check" for the skins? I mean, im using a skin1.png and my bro uses skin1.png, but that isnt my skin.
So my bro sees me with a *wrong* skin.

CuBe wrote:

Everyone will be able to add further tee parts. Creating new customized skins - in the sense how it currently works - will be a bit more complex to create, but it is possible. This skin system easens the way to customize the tee for nameless tees (standard players), but completely different, unteeish custom skins need a little bit more brainwork to do. E.g. it will be easy to add a ninja sword behind a tee by adding it as a decoration, but creating a pokémon will require several new graphics.

powachill4 wrote:
CuBe wrote:

But then i would say, the other clients should have another skin, like "not-found.png", what means that the other player uses a skin what we dont have.

And.. Is there any "check" for the skins? I mean, im using a skin1.png and my bro uses skin1.png, but that isnt my skin.
So my bro sees me with a *wrong* skin.

If you do not have a custom tee part the standard value will be displayed. There won't be another check besides the file name check.

Will you be able to color the tattoos, decoration, body and feet?

I think its a good idea:) It would be real fun to create skins like that smile

Nitro wrote:

Yes!

heinrich5991 wrote:
Nitro wrote:

Yes!

That's great ^^ good job cool

feets are too big...
ninja sword to small...
team colours are crazy xD

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos