1 (edited by Seale 2017-05-01 09:50:35)

Topic: Information about Teeworlds 0.7

Hello, I have been playing tw for ~6 years, alot of updates was released, alot of things has been changed, but only one quastion left.

Dear developers, i just want to hear, where is 0.7? 2015 already passed, but theres no 0.7 yet. I played 0.7beta, it was really great, new skin system, new menu, aww. yikes

But what happened? What moves you from the release of 0.7? I just want to know what happend with teeworlds, do i have to wait 0.7, or it became Half-Life 3 ? :'(

Oy, you have wrote that tw 0.7 will be in dec 2015, and 0.7.1 will have new tileset, what happened?

Always with hope.

UPD: And if there's no 0.7 for some reason, will we see 0.6.5 or so?

Sorry for my english, iam just learning it

2 (edited by xush 2017-05-01 11:59:50)

Re: Information about Teeworlds 0.7

0.7: naaah. Probably never, the devs say.
0.6.x: maybe if there are hotfixes for exploits needed.

Here's the quote:

Oy wrote:

Probably never sad

Please at least read some of the topic titles in the sectiom you post in, literally 2 threads earlier someone asked the exact same question, and on the same page are at least 2 or 3 more threads.
If that is too much you could've at least used google.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

But there's no explanation just why theres to 0.7, I just want to know

There is.

Quote:

It definitely doesn't look good. It hasn't in years. There is no leadership, no direction from the official side. In fact there isn't even any leader. There's Oy, designated as maintiner, but that's about it; and even he is hardly around. And, of course, Dune and Heinrich are taking care of the forum. To get Teeworlds back on track, someone would have to take initiative and lead the project. And I'll tell you, it won't be me. I could imagine it to be Oy or Heinrich, but that's up to them; it'd definitely require some investment of time (planning of new releases and improvements toattract players again; more high quality content on the forum also wouldn't hurt). But that won't happen on its own…
Sorry for the pessimistic outlook, but that's how it looks like to me.

Again, all of this can be found online with ease. Took me about a minute.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

5 (edited by Deepfinder 2017-05-01 14:17:27)

matricks has to come back!

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Oh yet another 0.7 topic, this seems to become a habit!

Let's use this one to wrap it up; I think on this forum is already enough information to eliminate the need of opening more and more 'when-comes-0.7'-threads (as xush said). I guess people don't know it's there or are just to lazy to search for it?
So once for all, here you go:

(ordered by date of creation)
Information about Teeworlds 0.7 (this thread - for the sake of completeness)
When will 0.7 be released?
Is the development of teeworlds slowed down? (»Oy's statement)
0.7 release date (just random april fools though)
Oy's signature

7 (edited by Seale 2017-05-01 21:13:07)

So we'll never see 0.7, right?

You got it. Was it really that hard?

9 (edited by Seale 2017-05-02 18:52:11)

Well teeworlds was a good game

10 (edited by Deepfinder 2017-05-02 19:04:56)

Ignore xush, he is a badass

matricks will come back soon and then all will be as good as it was

11 (edited by Slinack 2017-06-25 18:59:07)

I wonder if it's not worth to release a version with whatever is already coded PLUS any new content like the dm map & tileset reworks and the new ctf map...?
I mean... I thought survival and last man standing were already implemented too, so why not just release that instead of going for a dreamy goal?

Any updates are better than none. Certainly would bring new players, as it does every time, and it might inspire people to get a bit more active...

edit: @Sonix: isn't ctf_tantum ready? I don't see why we should hold it back...
It doesn't need to be a polished work-of-art, masterpiece, 100% perfect out-of-the-box kind of thing.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Slinack wrote:

Any updates are better than none. Certainly would bring new players, as it does every time, and it might inspire people to get a bit more active...

I agree with you SLINACK FOR PRESIDENT

Slinack wrote:

... PLUS any new content like the dm map & tileset reworks ...

This would require artists and access to the (original) graphics. Doesn't seem realisable.

Slinack wrote:

I mean... I thought survival and last man standing were already implemented too, so why not just release that instead of going for a dreamy goal?

They lack some work. There should be an issue on github somewehere.

Remember the 80s - good times smile

14 (edited by android272 2017-08-04 14:41:08)

Oy wrote:
Slinack wrote:

This would require artists and access to the (original) graphics. Doesn't seem realisable.

When would you like these tile sets done by Oy? Not kidding. You want official Teeish graphics that will help bring 0.7 closer to release? want close to orriginal Teeworlds graphics? I will recreate them. anyone can message me here on this site, I check it almost every day. This site does not work as well for you name your form of comunnication.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

15 (edited by Deepfinder 2017-08-04 23:41:31)

Oy wrote:

This would require [something]. Doesn't seem realisable.

#typicalOy

Don't be rude. // Dune

android272 wrote:
Oy wrote:
Slinack wrote:

When would you like these tile sets done by Oy? Not kidding. You want official Teeish graphics that will help bring 0.7 closer to release? want close to orriginal Teeworlds graphics? I will recreate them. anyone can message me here on this site, I check it almost every day. This site does not work as well for you name your form of comunnication.

As tileset borderfix and dilate aren't used anymore we need all the graphics unaltered. Recreating them is a lot of work but if you want to do it let me know wink

Remember the 80s - good times smile

17 (edited by 2017-08-07 12:44:51)

Oy wrote:
android272 wrote:
Oy wrote:

As tileset borderfix and dilate aren't used anymore we need all the graphics unaltered. Recreating them is a lot of work but if you want to do it let me know wink

I will get working on it right now. May I do some slight changes? I will provide an exact copy as well as a modified version. If yall like the modified versions then maybe @Landil can help make them official edits. We still have to work on making my Japanese Temple official.

Also, we are just talking about mappers here, right?

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Thank you so much for your engagement android272! smile
Just wanted to cheer you up, because I know how hard it is to find time for other things besides work / studies and all the other things. Especially productive things. smile

So yeah, I love that you and others here are still finding time to do something every now and then. That's really such a precious thing, when somebody invests his or her time for others. You're making the day brighter for all of us around the world who love this game.
We're gonna carry that kid through together, as we use to say in Germany, each one how he is capable of. God bless you. :3

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Just an update I am almost done with all the mappers. Once they are done it will not take me long to do the rest of the assets. There is so much I want to do. I want to add a few more mappers to the mix.

(Nearly) all graphics were redrawn for 0.6 and are available as inkscape svg on a dropbox account.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:

(Nearly) all graphics were redrawn for 0.6 and are available as inkscape svg on a dropbox account.

Which one? I am almost done with all the mappers...

Just wanted to let the community know that I have completed what I said I would in recreating all the graphics. I have also made some slight tweaks as well as made new tile sets that I would like to make official. I am not going to release them to the public just yet as I am waiting on a reply form Oy to let me know what he wants me to do.

No matter what happens this was fun and I have something else that I am working on to benefit the community that I am still working on. I will post about that somewhere shortly.

Thanks, android272.

I appreciate your commitment to this and hope your work will be fruitful!

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

android272 wrote:

Just wanted to let the community know that I have completed what I said I would in recreating all the graphics. I have also made some slight tweaks as well as made new tile sets that I would like to make official. I am not going to release them to the public just yet as I am waiting on a reply form Oy to let me know what he wants me to do.

No matter what happens this was fun and I have something else that I am working on to benefit the community that I am still working on. I will post about that somewhere shortly.

Thanks a lot!

if I have understood, in the version under development, there is not need more to dilate and borderfix the images... or already in the 0.6.4?