Topic: Oy's signature

I just saw Oy's signature. And after that, i was very happy.
Is it true what his signature promises?
You can find his profile & signature here: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/profile.php?id=2257

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Re: Oy's signature

I hope so... big_smile

Loving TW since 2010 smile

He wrote it in 2013 and forgot that it was actually there big_smile

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

4 (edited by xush 2015-08-27 21:19:02)

Not too sure about that, I can see pull requests that are 3 years old laying around. The newest one is abou a month old, but maybe theres a reason not to merge them... Who knows?

I just hope that the developement will speed up again after releasing 0.6.4, I don't really mind the 0.7 release date. Maybe I will try to contribute a bit too when theres some activity in the repo.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

Any official statement?

I will be banned if I troll again ...

If you think that in 4 months will do what is not done in 5 years ... yeah, right! 0.7.0 will be released in 2015 big_smile

P.S: I hope that yes! tongue

7 (edited by Zatline 2015-08-29 06:56:09)

0.7 could get released in 2015 but then it wouldn't be a finished release (it would pretty much be the current trunk on GitHub), it would have a lot of undone and missing stuff in it. It wouldn't be a great 0.7 then! I rather have no 0.7 at all then an unfinished one. Atm development is stuck and it doesn't look promising that we will ever see 0.7 as the biggest and most changing release in tw history, as I always dreamed about it.
If Teeworlds becomes a hit on Steam this might bring the development back alive.
~2 years ago back in 2013 when Sushi and me started on the new UI design for the menu there was a time where we've done a lot of stuff actually, but then someday we lost the focus on it. sad

I'd say "it's done when it's done" which means no 0.7 in 2015 since it isn't done yet!

Releasing 0.7 in 2015 is the plan.

Remember the 80s - good times smile

That's nice! I wish everyone involved in this the best of... coding skill and some hefty motivation! smile

That's great to hear.

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is Oy and I’m your chief flight attendant.  welcome to Teeworlds Airlines flight !
Our flight time will be of ... ah... 20 days ( idk ! but most early than 2016!) . We will be flying at an altitude of 0.6.4 feet/meters at a ground speed of 10 byte  per hour and the final we landing in 0.7 airport"
but ... 20 day? enough? new year is approach..

maybe 0.7 is xmas gift ? big_smile

~~~~Simple

Right.... Everyone expects 0.7 as Xmas gift :F

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

It would be really nice, but if it would end up in 0.7 being rushed I would rather wait a little bit longer. smile

Was announced in the IRC once, not sure if it will really happen but I really really think so.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

"Announced in IRC":

<minus> no need to bother with 0.6 translations anymore anyway, 0.7 will be released on december 24
<alket> minus: but many things will be the same no ?
<minus> yes
<heinrich5991> minus: we have a release date nowadays?
<minus> we have now.

heinrich5991 wrote:

"Announced in IRC":

<minus> no need to bother with 0.6 translations anymore anyway, 0.7 will be released on december 24
<minus> yes
<minus> we have now.

Without a new tileset then sad
New tilesets will be introduced with 0.7.1 then

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

So this goes with the new maps with that tileset then hmm

I hope there will be a new ctf4 map, like, surprise surprise: old ctf4 big_smile

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Sonix wrote:

So this goes with the new maps with that tileset then hmm

@Landil, maybe the tileset is not perfect yet, but I'm sure you can live with one or two imperfections till 0.7.1?

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

Landil wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

"Announced in IRC":

<minus> yes
<minus> we have now.

Without a new tileset then sad
New tilesets will be introduced with 0.7.1 then

What I wanted to say was the opposite, I don't think (but I can't tell for sure ofc) that minus was serious there.

If the answer is yes, I will follow through. If I give Landil 10 to 15 euros will we have the new tilesets in 0.7 instead of 0.7.1?

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

pielover88888 wrote:

If the answer is yes, I will follow through. If I give Landil 10 to 15 euros will we have the new tilesets in 0.7 instead of 0.7.1?

That's very kind of you and this are honorable thoughts, but I do not have a lack of money it is the time. Moving and optimizing tiles and tilesets, remapping all maps ...

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I prefer that you take your time to make 0.7 complete smile
or make a prerelease x)

Landil wrote:
pielover88888 wrote:

-snip-If I give Landil 10 to 15 euros will we have the new tilesets in 0.7 instead of 0.7.1?

+snip+ I do not have a lack of money it is the time +snip+

Oh :C

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

heinrich5991 wrote:

"Announced in IRC":

<minus> yes
<minus> we have now.

Bear in mind that I was joking. That's four days to go; everything would have to be ready by now to make that.