Re: [CLIENT] Teeworlds Gamer

Dune wrote:

The problem is actually there since the first 0.6.0 version of the gamer (v4.0 then). When loading a new map just immediatly after having played on another one (can be done via maprotating or ingame server browser) there is a little chance for the client to crash.
I've coded a little fix in 4.1, and since then, I never experienced a crash. Although, it seems some people are still havin this issue. It seems the bug comes from an unfortunate incompatibility with the race client, it has something to do with the new tiles the race mod introduced.
Ah, and there are a lot of other difficult things to code looking waaaaay more challenging than this.

Yes, I knew, agree and understand everything you've said except the part with the race tiles. I'm not sure, /as I'm not the programmer :)/ but I don't think it has much to do with that. Yes, it has something to do with the race client implementation for sure /as I tried to tell you in a log, long ago/, but I believe it's with the |Ghost| and/or |Auto-recording| features in the race client, you really need to have a word with sushi about this /hopefully it get's you somewhere/ . I do not want to speak about it, as I haven't yet had the chance to test the 4.1
version in which you have coded the fix you were talking about, but as I see those comments, I don't think it really did the trick, I'm sure it's something nice, but I don't think you've hit the correct "string" :P /Although you did a really good job on the client!/

Dune wrote:

It's very probably due to something about stats registering or some race options. I would very glad if you could find which options make this bug appearing, this crash bug is really a pain in the ass.

szyker wrote:

Imo the problem with crashing is a bug in one of the options. I had this problem with crashing, it was happening around 1 per 10 map changes, but i choose some other options in client and it stopped.

^There you go :) I believe it's closer to my suggestion, I don't think it has much to do with the race registering :S, but it's closer than the race tiles.

/This is only my opinion/

P.S.: You've told me you're not experiencing crashes, right? Try playing with all race client options ON, I believe you'll be back on track in no time :D. /Best Wishes hhb ;P

szyker wrote:

Also I would like to say that you are doing good job with client and i am looking forward to ingame IRC chat, it will be awsame. Btw quakesounds rox

Word up! [+]

In Map Editor:

[4dea3343][datafile]: loading data index=33 size=373 uncompressed=295444
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0048903a in ?? ()

gdb on Windows is big crap hmm
Used map: ze_ibnd

Excuse me all , but if i press on the link of the 3.3 version , i see only the download of 4.2 ... sad
Can anyone post to me the 3.3 gamer version file?(or its link)
                                                                                                 Thanks for the support smile

579 (edited by traitor 2012-05-10 14:52:00)

Hello Alex97

I am not sure, if it is allowed to post links to the old version
But I will provide you version 3.32 of gamer client for windows
klick here (free host, remixshare.com)

Not online anymore...

really thanks smile

First, I must say that this is a great modification!

I have a few (two) suggestions for the Gamer client:

1. Laser color: The red team have a red laser and the blue team a blue laser. (Like this modification)

2. Teeworlds owns now an language system. So why shouldn't they also use for the gamer client?

Greetings,
[GMD]Error

[GMD]Error wrote:

1. Laser color: The red team have a red laser and the blue team a blue laser. (Like this modification)

It's already available in the last gamer version, check Teecomp > Misc.

[GMD]Error wrote:

2. Teeworlds owns now an language system. So why shouldn't they also use for the gamer client?

This will not be done for the gamer, for several reasons which are explained in detail here: multi-language support. I cannot afford to make X translations to every language every time a new version is released with its bunch of untranslated strings ;)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

583 (edited by DøñE 2011-06-12 18:55:03)

Am I wrong or is the function "Shiny letters when being highlighted" not working?
It should control the "Humaliation" or am I wrong?

...sry if it's already said

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

Dune wrote:

It's already available in the last gamer version, check Teecomp > Misc.

I can change there the laser color for every tee... I want that every team have there own color. Based on the colors of the tee or based on the color of the team. I haven't find this feature there or maybe I'm only to stupid. ^^

this is not possible because the client doesnt know from which player the laser comes from... Ofc you can calculate this with the client position client sided but what if the laser comes from far away (outside the screen (outside from the distance the players are sent))?

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

DøñE wrote:

Am I wrong or is the function "Shiny letters when being highlighted" not working?

The shiny letters when being highlighted option is about having a white outline color for the chat letters when someone highlight you. Nothing to see with the Humiliation.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dunedune wrote:

This will not be done for the gamer, for several reasons which are explained in detail here: multi-language support. I cannot afford to make X translations to every language every time a new version is released with its bunch of untranslated strings wink

Is it ok for you if it gets translated personally? And it may be redistributed to some other players?

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Apmox wrote:
Dunedune wrote:

This will not be done for the gamer, for several reasons which are explained in detail here: multi-language support. I cannot afford to make X translations to every language every time a new version is released with its bunch of untranslated strings wink

Is it ok for you if it gets translated personally? And it may be redistributed to some other players?

I don't think it makes much sense for such a little project, but if you have no time and want to do that, I see no problem with it, of course. You can post them wherever you want, I'm just not going to support this.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Pls, don't call this great project as "little" smile

I didn't read all posts, mb my following question was already asked:
Why don't you want to move your project to github? It will be useful for development, even only for quick releasing on different OS.
And, do you know that XXLTomate codedIRC for tw client opensource. As I see you are going to make it in gamer, but mb you still don't know about xxl irc?

590 (edited by Dune 2011-06-13 12:03:49)

Shahan wrote:

I didn't read all posts, mb my following question was already asked:
Why don't you want to move your project to github? It will be useful for development, even only for quick releasing on different OS.

Imo porting this project to github would make no sense. Everyone is like "wooo github is great" "wooo go to github", but you tend to forget github is for social coding. I'm pratically the only coder for this project, and github doesn't help me to quickly release on every OS. You can't even download binaries from github, only sources and compile them by yourself. It's definitely a lot of work (yes, porting to github would take hours) for nothing.

Shahan wrote:

And, do you know that XXLTomate codedIRC for tw client opensource. As I see you are going to make it in gamer, but mb you still don't know about xxl irc?

That's very interesting! What did he exactly do when you say he "coded IRC"? I'm having troubles implementing external libraries into the Teeworlds project, so I'm still stuck at this point of the coding. Do you know where I could find that guy / those sources?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Ok, github dead here smile

The source is here
https://github.com/XXLTomate/XXLDDRace/tree/client_irc
He makes it into xxlddrace client.

Dune wrote:
DøñE wrote:

The shiny letters when being highlighted option is about having a white outline color for the chat letters when someone highlight you. Nothing to see with the Humiliation.

hm...okay, so it is not possible to change this function? Would be cool if you could add another "x" for that function in the next version smile

Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

DøñE wrote:
Dune wrote:
DøñE wrote:

hm...okay, so it is not possible to change this function? Would be cool if you could add another "x" for that function in the next version smile

What feature do you want to change, I don't get it? Is it about the announcers system? You can use both cl_announcers [0/1] to enable/disable it or cl_announcers_shadows [0/1] to change the shadows around it.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

i don't want that the client sometimes says "humiliation" and the written "humiliation" as a broadcast...I think this is the cl_announcers ...I will try it thx...but a "x" would be nice too wink

Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

DøñE wrote:

i don't want that the client sometimes says "humiliation" and the written "humiliation" as a broadcast...I think this is the cl_announcers ...I will try it thx...but a "x" would be nice too wink

As I said, I forgot to put the checkbox, it is already coded in the development version though.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

DøñE wrote:

as i said wink I'm waiting for the next version big_smile

Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

I have a other question. When I run this client via bash (aka CMD on Windows) I get the following error:

[4df65215][game/png]: failed to open file. filename='browse_ranks.png'
[4df65215][game/png]: failed to open file. filename='ice.png'

At first I thought that I would have deleted this file. Therefore I downloaded the gamer Client 4.2 again and found out that these files weren't included!

[GMD]Error wrote:

I have a other question. When I run this client via bash (aka CMD on Windows) I get the following error:

[4df65215][game/png]: failed to open file. filename='browse_ranks.png'
[4df65215][game/png]: failed to open file. filename='ice.png'

At first I thought that I would have deleted this file. Therefore I downloaded the gamer Client 4.2 again and found out that these files weren't included!

Oh, thanks for reporting. The client is still looking for these odd files, I need to remove that. You don't need them to run the client.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

599 (edited by DøñE 2011-06-14 15:20:01)

Dune wrote:

What feature do you want to change, I don't get it? Is it about the announcers system? You can use both cl_announcers [0/1] to enable/disable it or cl_announcers_shadows [0/1] to change the shadows around it.

...okay, if tested it...the broadcast is no longer big_smile but the voice who said "humiliation" is still there...how could I tell teeworlds to stop speaking? yikes wink

and one more question:
Can i edit the font of my teeworlds in the gamerclient? I didn't found the feature in the settings ingame...am i blind again? xD

Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

DøñE wrote:

...okay, if tested it...the broadcast is no longer big_smile but the voice who said "humiliation" is still there...how could I tell teeworlds to stop speaking? yikes wink

and one more question:
Can i edit the font of my teeworlds in the gamerclient? I didn't found the feature in the settings ingame...am i blind again? xD

One way to stop humiliations would be to train your skills. The other way would be either to type cl_gsound 0 in the console or uncheck the option in the Gamer tab.

Also, you can replace the font in your folder like with the vanilla client.

Not Luck, Just Magic.