Topic: RPG mod!!!!!

it took me a whole month but ive done it!!!!!

ive created a wokring RPG mod!!!!
features:
a working xp system you will get 100 xp for every kill.
get up to lvl 100!!!!
complete awsomeness!!!(idk if i spelld right)

when you get in the game you start at lvl 1 every time you grow a lvl you gain 5 points to spend on ethir attack or defense
Attack= how much damage you deal to other players
Defense= makes your health go up in value form lvl 1 to lvl 2 if you spend all 5 of your points on defense you health goes form 1heart=the value of 1.5 hearts

if oyu leave and come back your accont will still be at the same level

ive made something like mines
you type !bomb! and a grenade that will notblowup until a player touches it it will just sit on the ground untill then the server was up for like 5 minits but i shut it down and im not planning on bringin it back up fro about 3 weeks

sorry for my bad english im learning the language as i go

Re: RPG mod!!!!!

don't like it...
what about the newbies?
the get in and suddenly the die with NO chance of winning because they have so much defense that u cant kill them.
as i say, do NOT like it..

_|---------------------------------------|_
  |Skins StudioPaw Steam Icon Graphics |

no i dont like the idea of a rpg tw
u bring the kill in the game not ur level
the only way top bring a littly bit rpg in tw is the class mode i think which is really good

4 (edited by Marik 2008-08-21 09:40:58)

i think the lvl would be better used if you just do 6 or 7 lvls and u get weapons on each 1.

first on the map there are no weapons and no armor around.
and at lvl 1 you have only pistol.
at lvl 2 u get shotgun (3 kills needed )
at lvl 3 u get some armor (7 frags needed)
lvl 4 u have only rocket (12 frags needed)
lvl 5 u get pistol and laser (18 frags needed)
lvl 6 now u have full armor (25 frags needed)
lvl 7 all weapons(35 frags needed)

and when a player reached lvl 7 he can do like 20 frags then he will get back to lvl 1

think with this system the lvls are better used because the game would be quite faster cause nobody wants to "grind" to lvl 100 it takes to much time and when players are lvl 100 nobody on low lvl have chance vs them so you need kinda more servers where you have max lvl on them after people reached it they must go to the next

i think you forgot one exclamation mark!

besides: i dun like this idea, sry. But thx for you effort

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

6 (edited by Stephanator 2008-08-21 13:36:03)

Marik16 wrote:

...and when players are lvl 100 nobody on low lvl have chance vs them...

Isn´t that like this in every RPG like WoW? Lvl 1 never has a chance against lvl 100 oO

I think if there are servers only for that which are marked then we could give it a try and others won´t be disturbed...

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

7 (edited by catpaw 2008-08-21 13:47:52)

This is not "RPG", and XP system alone is not "role playing" of any kind. You do not take a role, you do not play with a role. Its just not RPG....

ehm... I wanna try this mod before criticing it - is there any server with this mod right now?

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

PaddyKay wrote:

ehm... I wanna try this mod before criticing it - is there any server with this mod right now?

I agree. And if you dont like the mod as you others said, you dont need to express your opinion that directly.It took him a whole month to do that.

I think the idea is good and i also think there wont be problems playing it.
Playing against a much stronger enemy should earn you much more points than killing a newbie. i hope you implemented that.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

10 (edited by TeBob 2008-08-21 18:14:41)

Whats with a level of difficulty!!

If a tee comes one level up he get a little fever shield and the weapons not more so strong.

It would be nice for the newbies.

smile

uhm... where is the point in lvl-up when your weapons are going weak!?

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

ok i took some time to think and yes i agree it does seem a bit unfair that a noobie would come in and have no chance of surviving so i modded the server a bit more

lvls 1-7 will allways have katana in there weapons(12dmg)
once oyu get to lvl 8 you only have hammer and pistol

ive also made an exchange system there is a shop now in with you can buy helth,armor,homing+.01,and for 1,000,000 a god mode for 30 seconds

there is also a newbie pack when you first join the game you will be given 3 healthpack 2 armor packs and 1 godmode
to use however you please

please send me ideas on how i can update the server and to answere some question:

the server wont be up for another month(enough time to finish it)

Indeed. i like the idea of a shop..

|Skins StudioPaw Steam Icon Graphics |

Me too smile

gosh... I wanna try it.. sad

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

I like the idea...Though if there was a map for each level, it'd be nice. smile
I'd definitely would try it on my server if I knew how to use a MOD. (anybody wants to let me know? smile )

Thanks
Agiltee

I'll be smarter if you try to be nicer. (lol big_smile )

i would put the server up right now but ive hit a problem......

my config_directory wont open so i cant change the name of my server and i cant set a rcon pass.....if anyonw knows whats going on plz tell me how i can fix it and get it up
:ps: im using windows

nice idee !

pls post the rpg mod is long time ago (2 months)

darkarmfist wrote:

i would put the server up right now but ive hit a problem......

my config_directory wont open so i cant change the name of my server and i cant set a rcon pass.....if anyonw knows whats going on plz tell me how i can fix it and get it up
:ps: im using windows

did you change something on that batch file?

http://dj-nevox.de.gg/ also known as NevoX!

hm...maybe that i am not right,but we are playing teeworlds...a small online 2Dgame... TO HELL WITH RPG MOD!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad

messenger: keep quiet! wait till you can test it and don't judge without testing!!

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

/no
sorry

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

people, please, do me a favor and stop saying no! He is spending much time for doing this and some people REALLY wanna try this out if it turned out well.
as more people say no as less he will release this mod and it's YOUR guilt stealing us our opportunity to test something new. because here are some people who WANT that thing, because it's something new.
teeworlds will be teeworlds. no question. but where is the point in ruin the joy and the fun of others?

pwnd-leader
You just got pwnd!

hi..

I think that is a grate idee..  big_smile

but atleast the xp thing so you can get higher XP wen you play... so the game has more point xD

ore the game vill be more interesting.. trying to get higher and higher XP an wen you are on 1000 ore something it jist says PRO ore something like that.. big_smile

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway