Re: 0.6.2 released!

Could you then in 0.7 make a site of clans, what i mean is that it would be cool if i had to apcept members before they joined my clan  and then they could choose to have [cVa] (my clan) in front of their name  with a special kind of color. that would make it a lot easier for me cuz every single player can fake my clan and give us enemys that we dont want. And only 1 clan can be named cVa because else you would could fake it anyway..

Sorry for my bad english i had to do this very fast! big_smile

*snipped*

User has been banned for advertising cheats. // Dune

You should add a login system when starting the game(with password and that).
so people on servers cant login with the same nick. Yesterday someone changed his name, to my name, and started spaming. When they tried to kick him, they accidentally kicked me.

I repeat, we NEED a login system.

Thanks

XxRogtheRxX wrote:

You should add a login system when starting the game(with password and that).
so people on servers cant login with the same nick. Yesterday someone changed his name, to my name, and started spaming. When they tried to kick him, they accidentally kicked me.

I repeat, we NEED a login system.

Thanks

I repeat, there won't be one.

Please stick to topic and don't misuse this thread for different topics!

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

30 (edited by ShiZoFreniYA 2013-05-23 17:44:37)

wtf on OS X 10.7.3???

PunBB bbcode test

p.s 4 non russian people: it`s error message about application dosen`t start

from_my_past

ShiZoFreniYA wrote:

wtf on OS X 10.7.3???

PunBB bbcode test

p.s 4 non russian people: it`s error message about application dosen`t start

In the download area it says:

Notes
To use 0.6.2 on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion you need to install freetype 2 manually. You can easily do that by using macports. Simply run "sudo port install freetype +universal" after installing macports.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

32 (edited by ShiZoFreniYA 2013-05-24 05:17:40)

freetype was already installed

PunBB bbcode test

0.6.1 works perfect

i run 0.6.2 in terminal:

frominside-mac:MacOS frominside$ ./teeworlds
dyld: Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL.framework/Versions/A/SDL
  Referenced from: /Users/frominside/Desktop/Teeworlds.app/Contents/MacOS/./teeworlds
  Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap: 5

from_my_past

33 (edited by m!nus 2013-05-27 10:22:50)

See this: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … 21#p106121

Edit: I decided to remove the OS X build from the downloads until someone makes a properly working version. I neither can nor want to do that.

Edit 2: The OS X build is back on the downloads page, SDL & FreeType2 don't have to be installed separately anymore. Thanks to ghost for providing the build.

I created a working version, whichwas also uploaded by m!nus already. Just redownload teeworlds and all your problems should be fixed.

I don't know why, but mouse cursor don't moves in game window. 0.6.1 everything works (OS X version)

from_my_past

Good Job!! :DD

37 (edited by Broski 2013-08-06 02:37:31)

I think some cool new features could be like the following:

I think we should have a player-to-player chat so it can be private
and I think we should have a button in the main page to download all new maps created by users so we don't have tp wait when we try to connect to that server.

Broski/Surya/sün

38 (edited by Kirbs 2013-06-10 23:49:16)

Broski wrote:
xXDARKXx wrote:

*snipped*

User has been banned for advertising cheats. // Dune

LOL WAT
And just wanted to know how far the developers are in developing TW 7.0 and if the release is coming soon:D.
Also, maybe take in the idea of password-protected usernames?? and applying for a clan to join???
[EDIT:Oops sorry I didn't realize this was on steam so ignore the password protected usernames]

Password protected names? Applying for clan?! What do you think K.I.S.S. means?!

No no no, and.. NO. Not simple enough.

There are obviusly too many random play toy clans that are just for fun (and are really fun ^^) to keep track of this.

It's a bit like.. do you invite every stranger that goes by your house to dinner?

Our clans are our own responsibility. We should keep up with them ourselves, and not alow people to apply.

Clan fakers? Name fakers? They should be tracked down and put under life ban on the server that had them in it.

Like once, I had someone fake my nickname, and clan, and then start spamming the same words in chat, and then voted to kick me out. FREAKING JERK! So yes, I am sort of on the side of Password protected clans.

I think instead of what you are saying, it could be like.. If two people are named 3, and there isn't a (1) or (2) beside one of there names, both should be banned for 1 minute. Then this problem wouldn't happen and you could be friendly and still play, without being bothered by fakers. Or being banned wrongly for 234234235 minutes. (not for life, for those minutes. The server admin caught the faker and banned him for life, unbanned me, and all was good, so meh)

So nice idea, but... sort of icky on the left side.

And just look on github to find out about 7.0, they are working pretty hard..

no

39 (edited by Broski 2013-06-11 03:05:52)

@Lord Kirby -
Ok tongue I'm sorry...
and ty for your response

Broski/Surya/sün

ShiZoFreniYA wrote:

I don't know why, but mouse cursor don't moves in game window. 0.6.1 everything works (OS X version)

Neither am I the mouse works in version 0.6.2 (OS X version) but in 0.6.1 works

nicolas9612's Broadcast   madSkin's Pack 375 skin's by nicolas9612
Lider en el: Clan HDP
Juro fidelidad al Clan HDP, ahora a joderse. XD

I am running the latest version of xubuntu, and I cant get this new version of teeworlds to work. I have it downloaded but it doesnt come with an icon. If anyone else has found the solution to running the latest version on xubuntu 13.04 please post.

Thanks smile

Telite Clan Leader: *StuFF*

Do the demo markers work?

43 (edited by UnoSkorpion 2013-07-13 13:40:51)

When Documentation on Main page will update at current verison of tw (0.6.2)?
I need new server settings and commands.

44 (edited by 2013-07-13 14:01:38)

There aren't that many new commands. I even wonder if there are any.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

There are these pretty easy server commands:
- ban_range
- unban_range
- bans_save
- logout
- swap_teams
- shuffle_teams
- lock_teams
- pause

46 (edited by Matodor 2013-07-26 17:38:31)

Bug: does not display the names in russian.

Need fix ::SetClientName in server.cpp.

47 (edited by moiman 2013-07-27 10:50:54)

Matodor wrote:

Bug: does not display the names in russian.

Need fix ::SetClientName in server.cpp.

It is not a bug. It is a feature:

Oy wrote:
  • Limit characters within player names to ascii range to prevent utf8 impersonating

48 (edited by Matodor 2013-07-27 18:36:51)

moiman wrote:
Oy wrote:
  • Limit characters within player names to ascii range to prevent utf8 impersonating

Hm, too bad. Many Russian players write their names in Russian.

Matodor wrote:

Hm, too bad.

No. That's bad:

Matodor wrote:

Many Russian players write their names in Russian.

I can explain. If you don't have russian lang keyboard, it's quite uncomfortable to chose name of 'russian' player in chat via <tab>. Also, russian "А, О, Е" have different char number, but looks like latins -> that's annoying when you want to highlight smb in chat.

Hey all.. ;D
I play tw on linux for 2 years now and I got a little problem with the 0.6.2 update, I can't play it!!!!
It isen't avabled for my Ubuntu Software Centre :S and I there are no updates....
Does someone know where I gotta search or download the new update.
Thnx big_smile