Re: Need more protection!!!

TeePhoenix wrote:

No, something like MagicTw

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

I dont know that  much about the way how the bots are coded. Anyway I have a question in this
topic. The bots are most build as a new Client (so far i have understood this). Why should
it not be possible to ask the client for a MD5 checksum in order to prevent unauthorized
changes of code? Before you now scream 'WAIT! I use a usermade Client and want to keep it':
Just open a section here at the board or pm a special Support Staff member and ask if he/she
can register the client of the user who made one. A server that connects to one of the TW Masterservers
gets automatically the newest list of checksums that are allowed to get online.
As i said, i dont know if that would be possible, but maybe an idea?

28 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:19:40)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Conclusion: You might be able to detect few different kinds of bots, but devs will change their code, or ppl will simply start using other bots.

It would be a good start, right?
You could put the algorithm in place, and save the IP address of the bots, then make a blacklist that would publish on the forum, like that of all those that hosts servers will ban these ip addresses.

After, even if they change bots could change algorithm. And all the old bots will no longer be valid. And I doubt that any developer who creates bots will want to recode their bots.

But hey, I probably too utopian vision of how to ban bots.

--Google translation is my friend--
I can german, french and a bit of english smile

I don't really care much about weapon aim in vanilla, but what is disturbing are the hook bots that hook with perfection. You literally can't be within their hook range without getting hooked so you either have to move freakishly fast  behind walls or you have to hit them with grenades, or a teammate could help roll. Those are really the soul sucking bots that I hate.

31 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:19:34)

Deleted.

TeePhoenix wrote:

What shall this be and where is the difference to multiple commands per bind?

I'v wrote *snip* because it isn't a really bad client... Apart the *snip*, but I think that *snip* client supports an *snip*.
I'm not sure but I think I saw that on *snip*. And of corse, *snip* client support it too

Removed names of cheats to avoid unnecessary spreading. /Kottizen

- Günther Branlutte

33 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:19:27)

Deleted.

What do you mean by "what does an emote bot do?"
Emote bots do nothing, people can be afk and  keep emoting, people can be writing and keep emoting.
It does the same has the spinbot: Annoys and don't interferer on the gameplay by general (not really, spin interferer... you can't see the player position).
But if it makes such a big discussion 4get about the point...

- Günther Branlutte

In a open sourced game you cant use md5 hashes , is client official checks, or any kind of server -> client request of verifying if its a bot. They can simply fake what we are asking for. The only solution would be analyzing player behaviour and bot behaviour with the server knowing where the mouse is at, what he is aiming for ,how much time it takes to aim, how far is the target, is client following a pattern of movement, is he continiously spin or aim while another client is near. This is all about behaviour analyzing.

With a method like this you can detect alot of the aimbots since not alot of people make them it will take time for them to change their code. Then you need to update server side analyzing the problem is its not worth the time. You waste hours on analyzing behaviour implementing it in code then just see there are bots that can pass it debug it then fix it.

Its not worth it smile

I just code and play DDRace nothing fancy smile

Wait, are you saying there is no way for the server to know whether the client that connected to it is vanilla? Surely there must be an encryption scheme of some sort. If there is such a way then it would be possible to make a server setting that only allows vanilla clients to connect to it.

Maybe a client who is just partially open-source:
- the client, with a code that says it is a client unmodified
- The source code where the code is not displayed

Like that, the server knows that if the client sending the code, it does that can be normal clients

--Google translation is my friend--
I can german, french and a bit of english smile

I Like Spin-bot, emote bot and spam bot. big_smile

HammerTee wrote:

I Like Spin-bot, emote bot and spam bot. big_smile

I like train.

Sorry for the short-bump, but i just have to say that the teeworlds community is depending on this.

Whenever i see a botter in a server, i call a vote to kick him, my team takes F3 but the botters team takes no, bbecouse if they have a botter in their team it means they will win.

However, when it comes to campers or flamers, they get kicked in an instant.

The teeworlds-community cares more about winning the match then making it fair.

- Proud member of Inspire!
  - I make my own gfx :>
    - Developing a zombiemap that's gon' b huuuge!

Renekton wrote:

Whenever i see a botter in a server, i call a vote to kick him, my team takes F3 but the botters team takes no, bbecouse if they have a botter in their team it means they will win.

How do you know that?  I don't believe a lot of people do this "for winning", especially when there are 0 stats, and you can change team whenever you want.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Renekton wrote:

How do you know that?  I don't believe a lot of people do this "for winning", especially when there are 0 stats, and you can change team whenever you want.

Becouse my team says "F3!!!" and le wild flame wars appears.
Didn't mention that but when there are like 0-0 and a botter joins in he gets instantly kicked.

Renekton wrote:
Dune wrote:
Renekton wrote:

Didn't mention that but when there are like 0-0 and a botter joins in he gets instantly kicked.

C'mon, man... where'd all the team spirit go!? One Inspire clan member, does not simply give up or join the cheating team once le wild bot appears... A team that has an aim-bot doesn't  mean it's gonna win! You just need to burn up a lil', rage a lil', put on some hardcore tracks, and then you go FUS-RO-DAH, and you kick the shit out of him :3. The~End.

Hip-Hop_Blond wrote:
Renekton wrote:
Dune wrote:

C'mon, man... where'd all the team spirit go!? One Inspire clan member, does not simply give up or join the cheating team once le wild bot appears... A team that has an aim-bot doesn't  mean it's gonna win! You just need to burn up a lil', rage a lil', put on some hardcore tracks, and then you go FUS-RO-DAH, and you kick the shit out of him :3. The~End.

Dude, i suck at teeworlds, i don't stand a chance against dem botters :<

And btw dune, if people just kick botters whenever they join, why are they a problem? you can just kick them whenever you see them, it's not more difficult then that.

Renekton wrote:

And btw dune, if people just kick botters whenever they join, why are they a problem? you can just kick them whenever you see them, it's not more difficult then that.

People tend to fail at spotting bots. But I've rarely seen an obvious aimbot not getting kicked, and if he wasn't, I would just leave the server :)

Not Luck, Just Magic.

95% of all "bots" are high level players, in fact the only kind of bot i've seen last few weeks were those spin-bots.

Dune wrote:

But I've rarely seen an obvious aimbot not getting kicked, and if he wasn't, I would just leave the server smile

Indeed...

You're playing on the wrong servers.