Topic: we need new clans - fast!!!

greetings

as in the topic subject mentioned, teeworlds vanilla needs new clans and lots of it, otherwise the ctf section (except gv and xyz ctf 5 serv) will be history as soon as possible.

we (evil clan) have created 1 more clan to keep the sustainability of our scene.

where are all those pro players and awesome leaders?

it would be good to make sponsoring starter packages for new clans including:
1 gameserver
1 ts2/3 server (or at least channels - new clans can get always channels on our ts3 server)
support for page and forum (either premade templates or introducing to some free hosting like freeforums, ucoz etc)
support for leading a clan (hints etc)

some1 has surely some gameservers to spare for some newby clans. that would be a great motivation for those new guys who want to break through. there are also too many mods (nothing against race and insta for sure) creating a hole in the origin of teeworlds, forcing old clans to collapse due to the lack of fresh players. Qi, iB, Boss, DeJu, enS, Phönix... all gone...

the situation is pretty much serious... we don´t have any clans to play against, maybe 4 clans left: Z-Team, Espada, ProteeG, OtH (our sister clan) and we are also forced to play intern matches (luckily we are almost always enough for at least 4vs4).

it´s time to take some measures and to help the ctf scene stay alive! all of you with more influence in this game should see what there could be done, especially with game servers (vanilla of course).
we for instance could help with the rest. starting with ts3 server(s) since we have a great sponsor.

comments please sad

sincerely yours,
Alucard
[EVIL] Leader

Re: we need new clans - fast!!!

So you aren't looking for more low lvl clans, but for more good players tongue
Good luck smile

Slayer *gV* wrote:

So you aren't looking for more low lvl clans, but for more good players tongue
Good luck smile

nope. we (EVIL) are looking for more clans to increase the activity of the vanilla scene. it doesn't matter if they are high or low skilled. the number of good players will rise automatically when the scene is active.

4 (edited by Nater 2011-12-19 19:41:56)

Hello there!

Good post Alucard, and I agree with you 100%.

I live in the US so I kinda represent my fellow North Americans (most North Americans know me). I personally enjoy ctf best, which is why "Bee" and I have a clan called "Ambience". Depending on who you play, we are a medium skill level Vanilla (ctf) clan. We have a few members from the old North American clan "exd".

Also, me and two USA friends are currently buying a VPS (server hoster) so there are many Vanilla US servers now. big_smile If you search "Ambience" you will come up with a lot of results. They wont all be CTF because I like some other mods from time to time, but mostly Ambience and many other US players I know still make ctf their main gametype.

Obviously we have a pretty big ping difference from you Europeans but we do clan war with Europeans sometimes.

Your fellow ctf lover,
Nater smile

I want help how to Make my clan more popular i mean i have make a site with all the info for it.The bad part is i cant make a server to make it popular so give me other ideas

Clan Name:Mafia

Site: www.teeworlds-future-clan.yolasite.com

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

lawl...

I will provide 2 servers to one new clan, granted the following conditions:

* they have ad-free website and forum
* they are not German, Polish or Russian speaking -- I'd rather like an international, English-speaking, clan, but I'll accept UK, French, Italians, Spanish, Swede or Dutch players. It's a "diversity" clause.
* that they show a decent maturity level.
* ctf2 is among the maps they play (I won't lend a server to see it full-time ctf5 or worse, ctf3).
* one of the servers will remain passwordless most of the time.

While it's unlikely any new clan will meet those criteria anytime soon, you can still add it as "prize" to motivate all these ctf5 players to get their act together and start uniting as clans. Also, while the quality of ctf5 players vastly improved - though most remain midlevel -, most ctf5 games are totally unbalanced. It's becoming too hard to find a quick public ctf2 game.

Considering vanilla's slow death -- I put most of the blame on passworded servers (main offenders: Phonix, EVIL and Espada) and on captain games (main offenders: Germans who spend public games chatting instead of playing, and almost never play serious enough in a public game).

Proposed course of action:
* don't start captain games if the lineups aren't truly high level
* play public games seriously, and don't leave at the end of every game -- stay spec for a while then join again. You know, like it used to be before people misinterpreted the meaning of captain games (which is, for the record, just an ersatz for unbalanced CWs and a mean to play *balanced* high-level games)
* stop chatting in-game. Play.
* for ctf2 players, stop kicking people because you don't know them because you think they're "fakers". Seen it too many times, on people I know are ctf5 players.
* for ctf5 players, stop kicking people because you think they cheat. A few do, most don't. And I know that someone tries to votekick me for cheating/botting every time I play.
* stop kicking low-midlevels (full noobs who can't move are probably just 8 years old that should play on a lower-level server though)
* I like Alucard's proposal for new clans, but I don't think it will work. I have encouraged in the past the creation of new clans and succeeded some of the times (enS, Ka, WeedPower, Wrap's, ...) but mostly the community does not follow, for pride and other stupid reasons. I also like the idea to provide "prizes" to help them getting started. That's why I'm vouching for 2 servers. It would be nice if we had more.
* There are people over at ctf5 and on instagib, that's where people who have time and will should go to scout for new vanilla players, organize games between NEW players not to discourage them when they get raped over and over.

etc.

I think most people who match the profile you're looking for don't want to join clans/play more seriously because they see how competitive TW is at high levels, and they just want to have "quick fun". I'm also sure the flaming attitude of some high-level players has put off many potential players in the past. They must be made to understand that high level is not quick fun, but it's good fun still.

In any case, GL with that initiative.

I agree with you! Now a lot of players play in DDRace, but this is isn't good, i think. Now active only Z-Team and EVIL (like always).

Magnet wrote:

I'm also sure the flaming attitude of some high-level players has put off many potential players in the past.

<3

as mentioned, we are not looking for new players to join EVIL, we want that they create new clans so that we can make funwars, tournaments or just hang out in capgames.

we offer to all new clans:
as for the beginning, clanchannels on our teamspeak (password protected if needed)
if the clan shows himself worth the effort, show activity and gain more members (more then 8 i hope), we will give them their own TS3 server with 20 slots (more is not necessary for a tw clan)

to that pw thingy:
we use it mostly on battlefield server while training ^^

11 (edited by RUSterrorist 2011-11-30 13:46:36)

Rushhh wrote:

I agree with you! Now a lot of players play in DDRace, but this is isn't good, i think. Now active only Z-Team and EVIL (like always).

cant remember that Z-team was always active big_smile

the reason, why there are not that much highlevel players, are the capgames. tongue
capgames were played more often than clanwars AND publicgames together, and because every cap chooses the best of the best from spec, a lot of average players werent allowed to play and the scene became boring for them so they stopped.

and thats why there wont be any new legends like Me (:P) and ofc some more, but the most are lost.
like Magnet told you to play play more publicgames big_smile, the reason is simple. dont ban everyone because he isnt highlevel and let everybody play, then you may get new stars in the highlevel.
and you become much better from it than from capgames.

capgames arent the only reason. there are much guys who wanna play vanilla on competitive level, but most of them just stay low- / midskilled because you dont let them the chance to play and improve. most of the pro players would also kick noobs in public games because they simply are pricks.  the main reason why there arent any newcomers is that virtually no midlevel scene exists. if you want a midlevel scene now and not in like 6 months when some players inspired by this thread have improved, try to convince players from instagib or good ctf5 guys to discover the real highlevel scene of teeworlds. when you invite them to play some quick matches with pros they may will leave their previous scene because its simply more fun.

also there could be support from the devs and side-by-side work with some of the best teeworlds players who could inspire the devs by there ingame knowledge. who else knows more about this game than guys who play it since 2 or 3 years constantly. when you make vanilla more attractive and unique than other mods through to awesome features, this would surely attract much people

ty Style, i know i am awesome big_smile

You shouldn't just try to get more people for your holy map ctf2.
Many low and midlvl player complain about your attitude to alternate map styles.
Being more active in other maps will bring you alot more players, and more fun with upcoming variety of maps.

And if you can't agree with ctf5, discuss in other threads the weak points of maps to improve them.
Better maps -> more fun -> more player.

PS: Ctf6. The discussion about it was characteristic for your activities and engagement in development stuff.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Many low and midlvl player complain about your attitude to alternate map styles.
Being more active in other maps will bring you alot more players, and more fun with upcoming variety of maps.

And if you can't agree with ctf5, discuss in other threads the weak points of maps to improve them.

PS: Ctf6. The discussion about it was characteristic for your activities and engagement in development stuff.

i agree on most of your points, personally i also like ctf5 and often play public games on it, but for competetive playing its just to big, since its optimized for 7x7 or 8x8 and you'll never get 16 guys from 2 highlevel clans together to play clanwars.

ctf6 is absolutely shit to be honest, i dont know why it gets official, neither have heard about participating on the development of ctf6, but i guess its my own fault. we've already discussed that whole new maps thing in the evil forum and are running a community project creating a new map whom everyone can participate

Qi, iB, Boss, DeJu, enS, Phönix... all gone...

-.iB is gone? Did I miss something?

Taipan wrote:

yes, you obvisiously did. 2 active players and 1 half active isnt really a clan

StyLe wrote:

ctf6 is absolutely shit to be honest, i dont know why it gets official, neither have heard about participating on the development of ctf6, but i guess its my own fault.

you didnt play "highlevel vanilla" around that time, we played some matches on the beta version, 2 or 3 guys had to say something about the layout or had ideas to improve the map. in the end it just got shortened in lenght /devolpment end

b2t pls.

Taipan wrote:

ofc iB is gone, to LoL, and for me its just a stupid try to survive in tw vanilla with accepting unknowns like you...

Not all are gone to LoL. And btw. it's just superficial.

hooray

I guess Eagle can play a bit more vanilla... ;p

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

Problem solved. Close.

24 (edited by Ryomou Hentai Girl 2011-12-01 01:53:28)

RUSterrorist wrote:
Magnet wrote:

I'm also sure the flaming attitude of some high-level players has put off many potential players in the past.

<3

Haha.. ofc RusTerrorist agreed with this quote.

All that Magnet said is so true!!! That's why most of us never go to ctf servers: people get kicked always, sometimes just because they not part of their "network of friendships" / "groups" or clans [...]
;D

Noobs never have a chance to play with them and practice... fact !
Happens all the time.

If this kind of atittude from old players never change, will be hard for the new ones play that mods and get some "high level" [...]
tongue

RusTerrorist wrote:

thats why there wont be any new legends like Me (:P) and ofc some more, but the most are lost.

.... LOL ...
ofc, with u always kicking people and trolling everyone....

xDDDDD

no comments.

Magnet wrote:

I will provide 2 servers to one new clan, granted the following conditions:

* they have ad-free website and forum
* they are not German, Polish or Russian speaking -- I'd rather like an international, English-speaking, clan, but I'll accept UK, French, Italians, Spanish, Swede or Dutch players. It's a "diversity" clause.
* that they show a decent maturity level.

This last one will be hard to find.. i had to laugh.
Just look the example of the guy who calls himself the "legend of tw" over here... LOL

seriously.
xD

*~°~~°~ Ryomou Wins... Flawless Victory ! ~°~~°~*
Support me: Subscribe!
[Fatality]

25 (edited by Ubuntu 2011-12-01 03:57:45)

About the main point of the topic. I don't think the lack of clans is the problem. The problem is that there is less and less people to play competitive teeworlds. I propose to come back to a limit of 10 slots for the ctf2 servers and to deactivate the tournament mode
Why? No spectators, no chat,  no kick to let better players play. You enter the server, you play, end of the story. If there is a cap game, all the players will play. The weakest players won't be left behind. Of course to be effective, there shouldn't be unfair kicks. It won't solve the issue of this topic, but it will probably help.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Actually I see quite often ctf2 players on ctf5, because there isn't enough players on ctf2. So what are the benefits from that? You can criticize the ctf2 players, but it seems to be the same with the ctf5 players, they don't want to play other maps. And to me at least the ctf2 players have a good reason: ctf5 isn't a competitive map. You could argue that we should also play not competitive maps, but you would have to agree with me that "high level" and "not competitive" don't make a very good couple.

My opinion is that we can't fix ctf5 to transform it to a competitive map. For the weak points, you may refer to the map creator (aka chi1), who after believing that his map was competitive, kinda changed his mind. He lately said that ctf5 is a noob map trap and that this noob trab is working quite well.

The discussion doesn't reflect the fact that there were many tests done by the ctf2 community, that chi1 the co-mapper was hiding from the critics behind walls of texts (http://twmaps.posterous.com/ctf6-the-uncomplete-guide).

Edit: Oh and I think that ctf6 is ten times better than ctf5. I hope that ctf6 will be improved a bit so more peope play it.