1 (edited by Apmox 2011-03-21 19:09:56)

Topic: [HELP] TeeWiki missing: new tutorials

Hi all,
as most of us might know, TeeWiki.info domain has no more support and it's expired (don't worry, a copy of all the contents has a backup). It was a very important place for teeworlds knowledge, maybe we can call it "teeworlds bible" (as Capt. AMN said). smile

Captain AMN wrote:

If hosting isn't convinient, you could upload an offline version of it on a filesharing site for everyone to download. Call it the teeworlds bible wink

But

Chi11y wrote:

Teewiki was always relying on community support, and it was actually heavily advertised when started, but the community interest pretty quickly dried up, that's why it has been pretty inactive lately.

So i wonder that if experienced members of community - specially in mapping and graphic ambits - could rebuild a complete, with tons of examples and explaining, wonderful and helpful of course tutorial. The most indispensable one for me is a mapping guide that explains how to manage quads, tiles, etc.. Obviously further guides should be done/remade, maybe later.
Probably the mapping team is already providing at this problem but I want to focus this point. wink
I hope this is the correct section wink

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

Re: [HELP] TeeWiki missing: new tutorials

first we would need a link to the new domain (:

My suggestion is valid if the domain won't be supported anymore. If the wiki returns, this topic is useless smile

I would like to get the offline version to use the tutorials smile
btw. why is the teewiki not part of this website? It was a big part of teeworlds, so why hosting it on an other server ?

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Apmox wrote:

If the wiki returns, this topic is useless smile

A german TeeWiki is already in work by some german guys tongue Only the english version is "out"

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

Yeah we need to get a new teewiki

-SALAD

7 (edited by CarmineZ 2011-03-22 00:49:26)

google translate everything very well, like jxls13 said, we already have this good website to put each tutorial that we need...... we should only improve the actual "support" tab accessible from HomePage with alls our best tutorial

Having a German Teewiki when Teeworlds strives for an all English website? This will never do! And besides, then I couldn't edit the material since I haven't the slightest clue on the German language. All the information should be stored on Teeworlds itself in a new tab perhaps between "Chat" and "Forum" found on the Teeworlds homepage. It doesn't need to be enormous but some satisfactory information on the game, forum, and Teeworlds history would be fine.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

9 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-03-22 16:56:31)

TeeWiki should definitely return...It's sad that it died sad sad sad
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 586#p74586

THUMBS UP IF YOU WANT TEEWIKI BACK!!!!!

Once in a century...

well i´d like to see "teewiki" again

But i would prefer a reworked version with a number of approved tutorials and take them to the Support page of the official site or include them to the documentation.

This would as well close or partly close  this issue: https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues#issue/25

11 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-03-23 18:13:25)

Don't know if this helps but: TIME WARP

Captured. Unfortunately you can't see all pages.

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

Don't know if this helps but: TIME WARP

Captured. Unfortunately you can't see all pages.

Very nice idea! Really it could be useful to find out old pages like the map editor tutorial but the problem is that we need images sad

Well, I would remake the tutorial, but I would aswell wait until 0.6 is out as there are many editor changes.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

14 (edited by Tee Killa 2011-04-13 19:27:56)

Hey dudes, sorry for double post, but I just wanted to inform you that I'm almost half finished with the 0.6 map editor tutorial, but lately I have some troubles in real life (you know the thingy some people here have as a addition to teeworlds life) and I doubt it will be finished before the easter hollidays are over. But I'll try my best smile

Tee Killa wrote:

Hey dudes, sorry for double post, but I just wanted to inform you that I'm almost half finished with the 0.6 map editor tutorial, but lately I have some troubles in real life (you the thingy some people here have as a addition to teeworlds life) and I doubt it will be finished before the easter hollidays are over. But I'll try my best smile

It's already great that you're doing this, we don't say you to hurry up. Just we hope you'll solve your problems and you'll get well. wink

Tee Killa wrote:

Hey dudes, sorry for double post, but I just wanted to inform you that I'm almost half finished with the 0.6 map editor tutorial, but lately I have some troubles in real life (you the thingy some people here have as a addition to teeworlds life) and I doubt it will be finished before the easter hollidays are over. But I'll try my best smile

Is it possible that I could add my two cents to the tut you're creating? I've always wanted to make a tut but... I'm not very computer savvy.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

17 (edited by Tee Killa 2011-04-13 15:16:00)

There are actually some things where you can help me:

1. You could help me with the "envelopes editor" part. I know basics but not how to fully take every use of this editor
2. General explanations etc.
3. Correct any spelling mistakes etc. (you are from america right?)

When I'm finished I can send you the layout and you can read through all parts and correct me, with spellings, grammer, wrong information (which I hope I won't provide) etc.

Or, what did you wanted to add to the tutorial?

I will check the tutorial, too and if needed I can help with the envelope tool.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I don't know if this is useless but I guess it could help you some way http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1268
Anyway I'm so excited for this tutorial, I'd love to learn managing quads, they always give me errors. sad

20 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2011-04-13 20:04:58)

Apmox wrote:

I don't know if this is useless but I guess it could help you some way http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1268
Anyway I'm so excited for this tutorial, I'd love to learn managing quads, they always give me errors. sad

I suggested updating that topic. It's the best map editor tutorial. Only no pics. sad And they would greatly explain it more!

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:
Apmox wrote:

I suggested updating that topic. It's the best map editor tutorial. Only no pics. sad And they would greatly explain it more!

That's what I am doing at the moment.

Oh,I thought you were making yours. A new one.
But you know what would be better than a new/updated tutorial???? ........
A whole TeeWiki with it. smile smile

Once in a century...

23 (edited by Tee Killa 2011-04-13 20:27:26)

What I am doing, is rewriting the whole 0.4 tutorial, so it matches the new features of 0.6. Basics will be, of course, explained, too. I take the tutorial from Sebaci as an example (structure, phrases, etc.). As said, suited for 0.6.

Tee Killa wrote:

What I am doing, is rewriting the whole 0.4 tutorial, so it matches the new features of 0.6. Basics will be, of course, explained, too. I take the tutorial from Sebaci as an example (structure, phrases, etc.). As said, suited for 0.6.

You can work with alias wink It would be a nice tut. Go here to see it! http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7644

... Why should I now continue when there is already a new tutorial?
No need anynore for mine.