Re: TeeWiki

I agree with posting them.

We will meet again when the flowers spread their glorious scent of victory and the birds sing us the melody of justice...

27 (edited by Azon 2009-02-13 11:24:39)

Teewiki now allows for the creation of userpages. We hope that this option offers people a  chance to expand the high quality information of the Teewiki while at the same time provide an accessible page for the players' custom content (skins, game.png, mods) in a way that works better then the forum (most creations disappear into the mass of other posts with map, skins, etc). Your own userpage offers a better way to show your work, which can then be linked to certain information pages.

The only requirement is that you provide at least some contributions to the Teewiki.

Azon wrote:

Teewiki now allows for the creation of userpages. We hope that this option offers people a  chance to expand the high quality information of the Teewiki while at the same time provide an accessible page for the players' custom content (skins, game.png, mods) in a way that works better then the forum (most creations disappear into the mass of other posts with map, skins, etc). Your own userpage offers a better way to show your work, which can then be linked to certain information pages.

The only requirement is that you provide at least some contributions to the Teewiki.

oh nice

Some people could work on the faq page, which definitely needs an upgrade. And the editor needs an update for 0.5

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

I know that it's an old topic but i have to show you this:
TeeWiki is not active at the moment and i don't know why. The result of the URL teewiki.info gives a page of advertising and nothing about a wiki.

Sorry again for opening a old topic, but it's needed.

Apmox

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

i can make a new wiki but did teeworlds need something?

31 (edited by Blue 2010-11-07 16:32:36)

When I started playing tw, the wiki already was outdated and thus useless. Also it wasn't linked anywhere and you hardly ever got there. I think very few people will even notice that it isnt there anymore. If you want to make a new tee-wiki, run it better than the old one, advertise it everywhere, get a crew of people writing there, keep it actual and so on.

void ..

I should probably note that all content on teewiki is still saved for now, and residing on the http://teesites.net server. It's just the domain that has gone away, and I will try to contact Somerunce so he can put the content up on wiki.teesites.net or similar. Teewiki was always relying on community support, and it was actually heavily advertised when started, but the community interest pretty quickly dried up, that's why it has been pretty inactive lately.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

I personally put most of the TeeWiki together and Chi11y is indeed right by saying that there wasn't much support of any kind. In the end it was mainly used for advertising clans and very little for actual educational purposes.

A wiki simply doesn't seem to be the right medium for a game as simple as Teeworlds. People simply don't need to look up much information in order to understand or at least play the game. A wiki is also very static, in the sense that it responds very slow to new updates or events. Personally I think the focus should be much more on flexible media like the Teeworlds forum.

34 (edited by Bee 2010-12-06 06:45:59)

There were benefits to the Wiki formatting-footnotes and imputing pictures mostly-so I'd hate to see it's formatting replaced with anything less...

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

So tell me, where to access the good old teewiki now? This shit's down yo.

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Yea me need some mapping tuts

Hello mates!
Long time no see. If you want to, I can put it up under another domain, however, the maintenance of the site sucks, so probably not much new there.

You can put a lot of useful stuff there. In the mapping section you can put some mapping hits, even map tutorials. In the movements section some advices how to increase your speed or how to dodge the bullets. You can put info about the mods, popular maps, clans and players. This stuff can be useful, you just need some people who's agree to do all of that.

Stay wild big_smile

Var [TNB] wrote:

You can put a lot of useful stuff there. In the mapping section you can put some mapping hits, even map tutorials. In the movements section some advices how to increase your speed or how to dodge the bullets. You can put info about the mods, popular maps, clans and players. This stuff can be useful, you just need some people who's agree to do all of that.

It was all written, the problem is, that new players didnt know this site and better player didnt learn anything from it. TeeWiki just needs a link on teeworlds.com

I want to have the teewiki back, 'cause...
sometimes i create maps, but i'm not really good, so i watched some video/picture tutorials (for example making sunshines circling), but! I have to search them. If there were teewiki, every tutorial for every standard function is inside. I don't know if there already was a section 'bout mods? maybe there could be one at a new...I hope you will "rebuild" the teewiki smile

Ingame Name: //w®a* DøñE
Clanpage of //w®a*
Clanmovie of //w®a*

I think I will write a few articles about weapons (:

Blue wrote:

When I started playing tw, the wiki already was outdated and thus useless. Also it wasn't linked anywhere and you hardly ever got there. I think very few people will even notice that it isnt there anymore. If you want to make a new tee-wiki, run it better than the old one, advertise it everywhere, get a crew of people writing there, keep it actual and so on.

For further clicks + visits I suggest making up a fake admin who looks just like Jimbo Wales and pressure visitors for donations.
Thatll boost the ratings!

The dumber people think you are, the more surprised they're going to be when you kill them.

43 (edited by jxsl13 2011-01-17 21:15:47)

i think that an other stye for the wiki would be cool.
Maybe i would make some mapping tuts ^^
and also i think that the wiki should be a part of the teeworlds.com site.like one of the tabs on the mainpage but maybe with its own style^^

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Somerunce wrote:

Hello mates!
Long time no see. If you want to, I can put it up under another domain, however, the maintenance of the site sucks, so probably not much new there.

If hosting isn't convinient, you could upload an offline version of it on a filesharing site for everyone to download. Call it the teeworlds bible wink

It's just that i want to re-read some articles and i would be glad if you could help us good old Somerunce Arr!

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

Teewiki has to return!
It's always needed...

sad

Once in a century...