26 (edited by Kiljaden 2008-02-27 19:50:40)

Re: [GAMEPLAY] Movements

Also nicely done, PrimeviL, and a big thanks to Jeppo for this Tutorial idea, I really like it.
Don't forget to metion, that the Rocket Jump takes you a recoil of 3 damage. If used wrong, this move could be a selfdestruct. *notes*

It doesnt necessarily take 3 dmg, if done right it'll only take one heart.

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

I discovered (at least for myself) how to make a super-puper-uber-speed (SPUS).

This way of speed increasing is FASTER then while using a hook (even if u shoot only once!!!).

All u need is a grenade launcher.

Push move button in direction where u want to go and shoot directly in ur legs (actually u can shoot not directly down and got less damage).

With each shoot ur speed will be faster (I think there is no speed limit).

Also u can combine usual uber speed (hook) with SPUS.

I knew it ;>

*updated*

aka oop²

====================
THE FORWARD GRENADE JUMP
====================
>Animation<

==========
HOOK TIPS
==========
Circling around an object

>Animation<

>Animation<

=====
While u are falling ur speed is very slow, its easy to guess ur trajectory and shoot directly in u.

To make ur falling more unpredictable use hook and catch the ground.

>Animation<

======

U can change ur move direction without speed decreasing.

1)Jump 2)Catch the ground with a hook and push move button 3)Release a hook when u are almost in hook's target point.

>Animation<

Would the creators of this guide accept to have his guide placed in the Teewiki?

See www.teewiki.info for more information and http://teewiki.info/wiki/Map_Editor_Tutorial for an example of how your guide can be integrated.

It will provide a new way for people to find information while at the same time be very easy to edit for future changes.

I created this pack with 17 exercises/movements (DEMOS) for practice in the map included in the pack.

Download Tutorial Pack

I can't download Jtut1..

Wanna know more about me?: Google Profile

Ninja Style, can you please reupload that file? Link is broken, thank you smile

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

@ marthajustin I don't recomend reviving dead topics...just read don't write wink

Once in a century...

The topic may be important, but still... writing in a topic 3 years old is not recommended, if you wanna see how ppl move, just go to you tube and check out some cool clips... tw is meant to be played, not to be learned...

You two. If you cannot see, he is a spammer with advertisements in his signature... so i recommend you do just ignore him and use the report function to prevent further spam.

ok...didn't see that xDDD

Once in a century...

im newbie soo this tutorial will help to me (i guess)

Could someone make a new and improved Movements guide and perhaps a moderator could replace the first post(PrimeEvil's guide) with the new guide and make the topic sticky smile

Once in a century...

Elite Tee wrote:

Could someone make a new and improved Movements guide and perhaps a moderator could replace the first post(PrimeEvil's guide) with the new guide and make the topic sticky smile

Could you stop asking and actually do something :?

What about an in game tutorial for movements?

(The game comes preloaded with a few demos named "rocketjump1", etc.)

that's a great idea oO

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

non-english text removed // Landil

Youtube isn't enough... Could someone explain me, how to move so quickly and why do some guys permanently turn around? I tried to move as quick as possible, but I suck anyway... Maybe some one have really good video instructions?

[QUESTION] Why do pros often spin their weapons?
To increase your speed, increase your "skill". This can only be done with learning by doing.
Note: You can gain speed via: Gravitation, grenade explosions.
Use both to get uber-speed wink