Re: [MOD] Catching 1.3.1

http://www.teeworlds-community.de/downloads/mods/catching/2_0/pics/logo-font.png
Version 3.0 is fin big_smile

I release it now, whait a few minutes!!!

Try not to make another topic for this one wink

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

http://www.teeworlds-community.de/downloads/mods/catching/2_0/pics/Catching.png
VERSION 3.0 RELEASE

hey nox,

when you are catched, appears a message just like this: 'now you are in -name-'s team' (can't remember the message exactly)

maybe you could disable it, so, during the game, we can't know whose is the team
only in the end smile

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

hey nox,

when you are catched, appears a message just like this: 'now you are in -name-'s team' (can't remember the message exactly)

maybe you could disable it, so, during the game, we can't know whose is the team
only in the end

why do you want to dont know the names of the players in the teams?
and i think it isnt bad, furthermore only you can see the message. of coz it isnt the problem to code it, but the question is if it is effectful ö.Ö

Slinack wrote:

hey nox,

only in the end smile

In version 3.1 ive these messages, play it on Catching 3.1 servers by Teeworlds-Community.de

Is 3.1 going to be released to the public? I would love to upgrade my server to it smile

Version 3.1 is since a few days fin, but i wait for zatlines maps.

NoxNebula wrote:

Version 3.1 is since a few days fin, but i wait for zatlines maps.

Alright! Take your time killing the bugs and everything, it's a great mod.

ive allready fix it xD

update your whattodolist xD

I update when i release it wink

which cfg file is loaded and how can I change the map? cause I don't have the rcon password!

http://www.teeworlds-community.de/downloads/mods/catching/3_1/catching.png
Catching 3.1 Release big_smile

Which junglecatch.map is the newest. The on on linux32.zip or the one downloadable from the thread?
md5sum 8ede709add8b6d60725cd60901a89651  junglecatch.map on thread
md5sum 0d2b9045603eba2681349de1729abb7d  junglecatch.map on linux32.zip

41 (edited by bamheadshot 2009-10-03 12:25:30)

best mod ever big_smile +1

Please do not flame against other mods. // ~{MS}~ Azon

Lartza wrote:

Which junglecatch.map is the newest. The on on linux32.zip or the one downloadable from the thread?
md5sum 8ede709add8b6d60725cd60901a89651  junglecatch.map on thread
md5sum 0d2b9045603eba2681349de1729abb7d  junglecatch.map on linux32.zip

In the thread ^^

Hi it's me! I tested 3.1 yesterday with around 4-10 players online and I have nothing to complain. Didn't find any bugs and server was stable and all. Ubuntu 9.04 with the precompiled binary. I will report any bug I found, but for now I am happy with the mod. Thank you once ahain.

Thanks for feetback big_smile

hey NOX, im running your mod on my server and i've been trying to figure out if your mod supports infinite grappling hook. i think having that turned on would make the game alot more fun. can it be done just by editing the cfg file?

46 (edited by Dune 2009-12-17 20:39:08)

Full Face Tee wrote:

hey NOX, im running your mod on my server and i've been trying to figure out if your mod supports infinite grappling hook. i think having that turned on would make the game alot more fun. can it be done just by editing the cfg file?

tune hook_length [length].
Standard length is 380. There is no way to do it infinite.
And btw that won't be fun.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Full Face Tee wrote:

tune hook_length [length].
Standard length is 380. There is no way to do it infinite.
And btw that won't be fun.

Well everyone seems to like it. Everyone is having fun be able to hook whenever they need to. It gives the game a little bit more challenge. If you don't think it is fun, maybe you're not a good enough player tongue

48 (edited by clarus 2009-12-19 00:53:28)

It gives the game a little bit more challenge. If you don't think it is fun, maybe you're not a good enough player smile.

It only make the game too easy, removing the need to think how to move. This setting make the game for fun only for noobs. Sorry, but the Catch community doesn't need your CRAZY settings.
Btw, thanks to Dune to get the Basket mod noob tuning problem to other mods ... hmm

49 (edited by Dune 2009-12-19 12:45:19)

It only make the game too easy, removing the need to think how to move. This setting make the game for fun only for noobs. Sorry, but the Catch community doesn't need your CRAZY settings.

Can't say it better.

Btw, thanks to Dune to get the Basket mod noob tuning problem to other mods ...

If you had read that, you wouldn't think my willing is to do this noob tuning spreading : http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 48#p56548.
However, that is a standard tune from teeworlds, and you don't even need to do a new mod to allow it. It is so easy to find it that keeping the silence is useless... better to speak about that on a public topic.
The only solution to stop it would be to forbid tuning in the next releases of the mod, as in pure mods. If you don't broadcast that the mod is pure, then I don't think there will be any problem.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

LMAO, you people are funny. Different people have different opinions. I got my server tuned just right so that the acceleration and launch speed of the hook matches up nicely. Nox, this is the best mod I've ever played. And to all of those who think they are badass on this forum, you're not. I am not a noob and I challenge any who oppress free opinion.

P.S. The length of the hook doesn't make the game easier for people. (Moving around is easier, yes) But this inquires then that it is harder for people to get you.