Topic: [SUGGESTION] Charge Mod

Now, if you are fairly good at making mods, and you have some times on your hands, I'd like for some of you to consider making a mod called "Charge". Charge, unbelievability is about the option to charge any weapon of your chose just by holding down the clicker before you let go. The longer you hold it down, the more powerful attack, but after some time it will stop charging and you might as well let go by then.

If you were wondering what kind of move you would get from charging a weapon here is the list:

Hand gun: A spree of homing bullets flying out of the hand gun. (It doesn't take turns well)

Mallet: A huge punch giving much damage flying a little farther away, or if pointed at the ground a somewhat shock wave going out from where the hit generated.

Rifle: I don't really have an idea for this one. ^^' Ideas?

Bazooka: A bigger blast radius, and knocking out all the hearts and armor that was done to the tee.

Sniper: A longer bit more powerful beam with multi-bounces and goes though tees undisturbed.

Katana: Longer flight, instant kill.

Post comments that would help the game play to be more interesting. wink

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Re: [SUGGESTION] Charge Mod

1. All the programmers who are good enough to do this dont want to or make their own ideas.

2. Sniper seems like a laser charge thing but u aks for ideas for rifle -> maybe u want to ask for shotgun ideas?

3. Homing bullets are finding their own target (correct me if Im wrong). If u have a bunch of bullets flying around doing what they want its boring for u and the others.

I dont think any one is going to code this - sry.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

1: It's happened before. wink But okay.
2: Sniper is the something as laser. And rifle is also the something as shot gun. So yes, you are correct.
3: No, the bullets don't whatever they want. If there is a target (tee) in sight it will go after it. If there are two tees in sight, it will go after closer tee. Also if some bullets are chasing a tee, and another tee get's closer to the bullets, the bullets with redirect to the closer tee and leave the first tee alone.

There is an old mod called homing mod made by shootme, it's basically that if you want to know what it looks like.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Yes, but making homing bullets is kinda like -> u pull out ur gun -> u charge -> u fire in any direction where u believe the enemy to be.
Define enough.
Repeat this process until ur bullets took down enough people for you.

Barney Stinson is awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGd-3mdUaf4
And he is a true Master of magic - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsh7W3PY … eature=fvw
Yeah... Magic is pretty cool...

The top charge will be less than 7 homing bullets and like I said before, it doesn't take turns well. Meaning if you take sharp turns, they'll crash into the wall. This kind of eliminates noobs from only using this weapon.

6 (edited by Dune 2009-12-16 23:56:59)

This kind of eliminates noobs from only using this weapon.

It's a new mod for noobs that are bored to go in servers and see that there are more skilled people than them, and then they go on mods that don't need any skill.
So if you try to eliminate noobs, I'm sad - no, glad - to announce you your server will be empty.

I'm just waiting the Teeworlds 0.6 and its filter, because there are so many servers for noobs open that we don't see much more new real good players.

Well, I have a story for you.

I know many people on basket - actually every skilled player, and I tried to enjoy with them by playing some others mods. I worried to see so many people (not everybody, around 15%) that didn't know what teeworlds is. Once, I brought a guy on a CTF server, and he said : "wtf ? where are the baskets ?".
Sorry to bother you with the basket mod, but since a guy discovered that we can tune hook and gravity, some guy started a server with a freaky large hook and graivty. People went on, and mostly feel that freaky, like me.
That was so easy to do whatever you wanted, there were no skill requirement at all ; then I didn't take care about this server.
The guy found one kiddy hoster, that accepted to host it 24/7. In this time, there were two great basketball teams, and many newcomers on the mod got many difficulties to goal on standard server, so they chose the easy solution, went in the tuned one and see that were so easy to score, and feel that "cool".
Currently, there are 40% of basketball servers that are tuned and there are a few newcomers on the real basketball. Furthermore when somebody hear "basketball" now, he thinks "kikoolol" ; and 90% of people in others mods think it's a crazy-like.

Why am I telling you all that ? Because it's exactly what's happening to Teeworlds according to me. Basketball show us at a smaller scale what could happen. Keep that in mind.

Oh and by the way, bee, if this weapon charge was implemented, that would be kinda ugly on a pure client.
Sorry for polluting this topic, but it seemed useless to me to open a new one.

P.S. : I am sorry if there is some frenglish here, it's the evening and I'm tired wink

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Sooo...you're saying in so very many words that if this mod came into existence then newcomers to teeworlds would think it was a normal mod and get used to it so that when they went into a pure DM, TDM, or CTF sever they would be like, "wtf? why would this thing charge?". Hence, making most newcomers to want to play this mod instead of the pure DM, TDM, and CTF? Because I am a very confused boy. o_o'

What I said wasn't just for you, and it's not especially targetting your mod.

Me, Me, and Myself wrote:

It's a new mod for noobs that are bored to go in servers and see that there are more skilled people than them, and then they go on mods that don't need any skill.
So if you try to eliminate noobs, I'm sad - no, glad - to announce you your server will be empty.

Oh and by the way, bee, if this weapon charge was implemented, that would be kinda ugly on a pure client.

This is your part wink

What I was saying is a global feeling about how teeworlds is becoming with all those freaky modifications.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

9 (edited by Bee 2009-12-17 18:36:13)

Ahh...okay. smile
Ummmm, well that might be true, but the new mod DDrace is pretty hard, not a thing noobs would like, but it's packed to the brim with people (most the time), and about half the time they're simi-noobs.
But, yeah the last part you're right. :\

P.S. I get that too, but I don't think that is a bad thing. I kinda like it. :3