1 (edited by clarus 2014-11-19 16:13:46)

Topic: [MOD] Catch16

http://www.eleves.ens.fr/home/claret/picture/catch/mod.png

The first and the most popular Catch MOD with player teams implementation !
Rules
  • at start, there is one team per player

• each time you kill a Tee, you will get him in your team

• score is computed as in TDM, with a bonus of 5 if you get all other Tees in your starting team smile

Main features
  • up to 16 different teams

• simple score system

• player names hiding (command : sv_hide_player_names 0/1)

• vanilla or instagib weapons

• small code changes (diff of about 200 lines with instagib mod)

Downloads (TeeWorlds 0.6.0)
Downloads (TeeWorlds 0.5.1)
Sample configuration files
sv_name Catch16 sample config (vanilla)
sv_gametype dm
sv_motd Say /info to know more about this mod.
sv_name Catch16 sample config (instagib)
sv_gametype idm
sv_motd Say /info to know more about this mod.
Credits

Made by Clarus. Based on an original idea of |X-treme|Bee.
Any comment is welcomed smile !

Re: [MOD] Catch16

Really fun mod, although I found a glitch. When someone is in spec, the game glitches and it will not continue. Thank you Steph for showing me this, <_<

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Catch never really seemed to make since. I thought of it like a conversion mod or a AFO (all for one) mod. But I think nox is going to make a 0.3 version up date with it just like this...so I guess it's cool for now, but it seems like extra topic.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

4 (edited by khubajsn 2009-09-09 16:11:53)

Here is server executable for Windows (32bit):
Link deleted. Old version.

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

Mac version here:

http://eigan.no/tee/catch_mac/ ( Use that as the Download link.. I want people to see the site.. smile )

MertenNor

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

6 (edited by clarus 2009-09-05 17:51:59)

When someone is in spec, the game glitches and it will not continue

Yes, this bug is now solved.

I thought of it like a conversion mod or a AFO (all for one) mod.

What do you mean ?

But I think nox is going to make a 0.3 version up date with it just like this...so I guess it's cool for now, but it seems like extra topic.

So Catch 0.3 will be extra topic tongue More seriously, concurrency is good for TeeWorlds, and will continue to update my mod.

Here is server executable for Windows (32bit):

Mac version here:

Thanks to be so fast ! big_smile

dont like that you took a idea of an other to build your own mod....
[ - ]

dont like that you took a idea of an other to build your own mod....

Yes, it is a fork, and ? So many mods are based on iCTF (iCTF+, iCTFsave, ...), on RACE ([N]RACE, ADM, ...) and even your mod slayerDOMINATION is based on DOM.
And please do not launch a campaign to hide my posts, if you have something constructive to say, you can express yourself tongue.

i didnt order to hide your posts, but i agree. the different is that this mods are built on the mods, and not made new like this. if i understood it right, nox wanted to set the teams to 16 too. in my eyes its stolen ö.Ö

10 (edited by clarus 2009-09-05 15:04:34)

if i understood it right, nox wanted to set the teams to 16 too. in my eyes its stolen ö.Ö

Actually not, the idea was emit by |X-treme|Bee. Then it was up to the mod developers to implement it tongue.
I also wanted to play with other things than just hammer yikes, get a score system I can understand, and see the player names smile (even if this option is set off by default). All that were good arguments for me to make another Catch mod.

nox was planning to develop those '16 teams'
and then you just code it faster/earlier...

you could have helped him, but you chose using the idea they had to do your 'own' mod

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

hmm but i played today nox's mod with all weapons....

13 (edited by clarus 2009-09-05 17:06:29)

hmm but i played today nox's mod with all weapons....

Yes, but you could play even earlier to Catch+ servers (now Catch16) with vanilla weapons smile.

nox was planning to develop those '16 teams'

Maybe, but me too yikes.

and then you just code it faster/earlier...

True. One of the reasons I made Catch16 is that Catch mod development was too slow, adding no-essential features, with a too big code to maintain.

you could have helped him

Of course, he can use my code for his 0.3 version.

to do your 'own' mod

You think here as a kid ... TeeWorlds is open source, and you are not 'my' property when you play 'my' mod ... Maybe you sould read this to understand.
Now, please stop to hide my answers, and if NoxNebula has something against me, he can speak tongue.

clarus wrote:

So Catch 0.3 will be extra topic tongue More seriously, concurrency is good for TeeWorlds, and will continue to update my mod, as the first 16 teams Catch implementation tongue.

He made catch first. And having two topics with the same teem...is not cool.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Really funny mod, but the maps are bad.

Qi - high level gaming
qi.m0g.net

Well, this mod is pretty good, and i think better than nox mod, you should consider that as a good improvment ad in the future work togother (nox and you) for a final version.
And just a thing to notice :
This sv_seen_gametype cmd made me laugh so hard, have a look at other mods to do a correct gametype.

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

17 (edited by clarus 2009-09-10 00:38:03)

Really funny mod, but the maps are bad.

Thanks ! And to have new maps, you are welcome to propose new ones and to host your own server wink.

This sv_seen_gametype cmd made me laugh so hard, have a look at other mods to do a correct game type.

OK, I just updated the server sources and linux 32 version, removing this old option. The game type is now automatically Catch16. Thus, Mac binariy should be updated.

in the future work togother (nox and you) for a final version.

Yes, it is possible, when the situation will become more quiet ^^ But concurrency helps things to evolve fast too smile.

Hi,

I have to say it is very funny and nice mod! But I have to say something. Is it possible to make 16 different colours for each team? I say it because sometimes there are two or three very simmilar colours and it's hard to distinguish (google word tongue) them.

Very nice mod, even although it comes from other mod.

Is it possible to make 16 different colours for each team? I say it because sometimes there are two or three very simmilar colours and it's hard to distinguish

Actually all color are different (with different color number). Often, the feet color is also different from the body one, to help to distinguish. But I agree, sometimes it is hard to see quickly the difference in game sad. Do you have a screen shot to show me which colors are about the same ?
Thanks for your comment.

I have taken a screenshot where it happens what I say. In this picture, you can see a difference between full-blue and blue-yellow tees, but in game, it's harder to see.

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6923/portapapeles01m.th.png

There are two colours that seems simmilar too, but I don't have a screenshot of them. They seem like a full-green and green-red tees.

Nice mod again wink

Nice screen shot, with hidden names ^^
Actually the choice is difficult, since I think it is impossible to get 16 different colors without using different colors for feet and body. And many players told me is nice too when they have to look at the feet to recognize the teams. Because it makes it harder tongue.
So that is why I prefer to keep it like that for now smile.

As you requested, I compiled the newest version of your mod.
http://solidfiles.com/info_imgs/R8DC.jpg

Goodbye all. Account inactive since March 2011.

Nice mod clarus!
Haven't played nox's mod yet so i don't know the differences between these two...
With full servers this mod is really much fun smile
The thing with the colors: agree with clarus. It isn't that hard to distinguish the colors of each player. Didn't have a situation yet where I wasn't able to distinguish. Also like it was already said a better solution for it isn't that possible cause there will always be some colours which are quite similar.
Keep on working dude your mods are all really great wink

As you requested, I compiled the newest version of your mod.

Thanks to get your compiled version updated smile.

Haven't played nox's mod yet so i don't know the differences between these two...

Me too I don't see exactly the difference. Even some details are the same, like having a rainbow color when you are alone ... tongue But still it is good to have concurrency ! Even if I think his mod is too closer to my mine to get a good alternative for the players tongue

Keep on working dude your mods are all really great

Yeah, thanks ! I think that all moders do good job, spending many hours on TeeWorlds, and they are feed by comments like your !

the MOD crashes every 1 hour of gameplay why? can any1 fix it?