Topic: 0.7.1 released!

https://www.teeworlds.com/images/news/0.7.1-banner.png

Finally, the 0.7.1 release is here! We received a lot of feedback from the release candidate and the 0.7 beta/0.7.0, so it took a while to fix and polish it all. With the game smoothed out and stable, the downloads were updated here and on Steam.

Download 0.7.1 now!

The following is an attempt to list the most important changes since 0.6. You can also check the detailed changelog.

General
+ new gametypes: "last man standing" (LMS) and "last team standing" (LTS). survive by your own or as a team with limited weaponry
+ 64 players support. official gametypes are still restricted to 16 players maximum but allow more spectators
+ new skin system. build your own skins based on a variety of provided parts
+ enhanced security. all communications require a handshake and use a token to counter spoofing and reflection attacks
+ new maps: ctf8, dm3, lms1. Click to discover them!

Client
+ animated background menu map: jungle, heavens (day/night themes, customisable in the map editor)
+ new design for the menus: added start menus, reworked server browser, settings
+ customisable gametype icons (browser). make your own!
+ chat overhaul, whispers (private messages)
+ composed binds (ctrl+, shift+, alt+)
+ scoreboard remodelled, now shows kills/deaths
+ demo markers
+ master server list cache (in case the masters are unreachable)
+ input separated from rendering (optimisation)
+ upgrade to SDL2. support for multiple monitors, non-english keyboards, and more
+ 10 new languages
+ more...

Server
+ broadcasts overhaul, optional colours support
+ ready system, for competitive settings
+ server difficulty setting (casual, competitive, normal), shown in the browser
+ spectator mode improvements: follow flags, click on players
+ bot flags for modified servers: indicate NPCs, can be filtered out in the server browser
+ more...

Graphics
+ sharper graphics all around (no more tileset_borderfix and dilate)
+ refreshed the HUD, ninja cooldown, new mouse cursor
+ mapres update (higher resolution, fixes...)
+ more...

Keep in mind that, as with every major version, backwards compatibility is broken.
Merry Christeemas!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Re: 0.7.1 released!

First!
(traditions)

Nice

Great Version I love it! And BIG BIG Thank you to everyone who worked on it!

A big thanks to the devs. A great milestone indeed!

The future is now!

*** JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS ***

hopefully bot-hell will end finally, praise the sun \('v')/

last

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Good stuff, you guys!

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Congratz!

the 32bit Windows download doesn't even work on Windows XP so i had to compile it myself

still, this looks kinda cool

Thanks to all who worked on this update. Feels great to have a new release.

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

Thanks for this release!

Thanks to Oy for reviving the development, and everyone else as well. Thanks to Dune for the community-visible stuff. smile

Thanks to everyone who contributed, tested, reported bugs, etc. and helped to put back life into the project and keep it going again. It's great to see so many familiar people coming back smile

Remember the 80s - good times smile

14 (edited by Puch 2018-12-15 15:33:25)

Amazing work, this release is the best I've ever seen.

The engine is really smooth and the new gui really adds this retro feeling of the game.

You emotionally touched my feelings devs.

Ty for the great work.

Puch

Congratulations! It is great that you are keeping this game alive smile

16 (edited by Kilian.Dermoth 2018-12-24 19:57:15)

Hi,
I just noticed that there is a new version. It really surprised me, because I thought that this project is somehow abonndend. So I downloaded and ran it immediately.

My experience so far:
1. Looks fresh (but the old graphics did work, too for me.
2. Ah a new skin thingy, looks nice. But the color of the eyes has no effect? Are skins shared now (hopefully, otherwise the effort in making this skin thingy would be almost senseless because people would still keep their skins)?
3. So lets see how the most important part works (playing). Hmm, 2 servers with players and the first was full, the second had a botter playing in (business as usual like it seems...).
4. The new version makes me ill, no I mean literally, it makes me ill. Ultimate stuttering (primarily graphical) but also the connection was a bit worse than what I was used minutes before at version 0.6 at a server of the same clan...

So I stopped playing this version, because this ultimate stuttering (no matter if VSync on / off, Fullscreen on / off, Borderless on / off. I have several hundreds FPS (vsync off) or 60 +- 5 fps (vsync on) but the game feels like a stroboskop. The game was always a little bit unhealthy in this way but at the moment in this state it is completely unplayable because it made me ill after a few mins.

I dont know what was changed at the graphical rendering part of the game but it is worse than it was before, even version 0.6 was worse compared to before.

Also I dont think that I am the only one affected by this because there are more people than just me that have at least a small simulator sickness. It is really the only game with such a big effect.

Btw.: It was the 64 bit version on windows 10 (tried to disable fullscreen enchancements).

Edit: Gave it another try, this time it was very smooth but it is still somehow laggy, even with a ping of 20.