Topic: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version (0.7 and +)

Following this initiative, this topic is meant to gather all your ideas, and suggestions for the next versions of Teeworlds.

Azon wrote:

As the Teeworlds development team is always taking an interest into community suggestions this is the place to tell yours. We can’t respond to all of them, but all suggestions will be read and the good ones will certainly become reality at some point in the future. To get our full attention it’s advised to describe why you want a specific feature added to the game, not just by saying “I would like this and this to change” but tell us: what problem do you experience, or why do you really miss this new feature that needs to be added. Why would the change that you’re suggestion be an improvement to the game?

Those suggestions can be casually discussed here and forwarded on Github. Of course, you can still post well-motivated issues directly on Github if you like.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version (0.7 and +)

I suggest adding a possibility, to make map-specific configs. It could make server administration a bit more flexible and easy.
Generally speaking every map, especially standard ones have their own specifics.
There are few game types, where maps belong. They have different score-limits, player limits, game type. Even custom votes, which should be enabled only for that specific map.
It could be done, via adding tons of additional .exec files to each vote, but it's super messy. We could make it done via simply executed config, which is connected to map. I have done this on my servers, and even have my config repository with all of the settings.

That specific request was asked before two times here and  here. But since we are going to make teeworlds great again, I suggest thinking about making administration time a bit easier and more flexible smile

Also, GitHub repository with archived Teeworlds Configs (it works, cause of my a little bit modded vanilla, not much changes.): Teeworlds Configs

And, the changed I made to make map config works (in 2015, could be done better): Autoexec Map configs commit

I'd like to see slopes in 0.7.2. There was already a beta a while ago, and it worked great.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

A server browser that could be viewed while playing would be really helpful.

Since an account system is not to be implemented it would be nice, at least, for the client to ask the player if he's new or not and show servers for skilled or not skilled players, the non-differentiation of skilled from new years is what is has killed vanilla and most of the mods.

A simple setting on the client that registered the information if the player was new or not and a server setting that would inform the master servers if the server is designed to host new or skilled players would be great.

I've seen a mock-up were the server registered a "skill level" from 1 to 3 (1 = new player oriented / 3 = veteran oriented)
Please add it, it's not cool at all to join a server for the first time just to be killed because you still can't control the hook very well and nobody seems to care. I've played multiple online games where I've given up right after because of the imbalance between me and the current players.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:
HeroiAmarelo wrote:

A server browser that could be viewed while playing would be really helpful.

Since an account system is not to be implemented it would be nice, at least, for the client to ask the player if he's new or not and show servers for skilled or not skilled players, the non-differentiation of skilled from new years is what is has killed vanilla and most of the mods.

A simple setting on the client that registered the information if the player was new or not and a server setting that would inform the master servers if the server is designed to host new or skilled players would be great.

I've seen a mock-up were the server registered a "skill level" from 1 to 3 (1 = new player oriented / 3 = veteran oriented)
Please add it, it's not cool at all to join a server for the first time just to be killed because you still can't control the hook very well and nobody seems to care. I've played multiple online games where I've given up right after because of the imbalance between me and the current players.

That's been implemented a while ago, in the server browser.

Stitch626 wrote:

I'd like to see slopes in 0.7.2. There was already a beta a while ago, and it worked great.

It's time to implement slopes in 0.7.2, it was succesfully implemented a few years ago big_smile

7 (edited by Zatline 2018-12-03 23:59:43)

slopes!!

no srsly here a little list:

- slopes !!!!
- map preview for the info sections (idealy 4:3 format)  example
- additional names for standard maps, still getting map numbers confussed after more than 6 years arg <.<
- some new maps, maps that take advantage of slopes especially
- further rework some other old maps
- proper score system that also rewards assists ect. plus scorefeed in the hud
- new skins, new tilesets <- self assigned
- fully redesign map editor <- gonna start working out conceptuals soon got big things in mind
- make envelop animation more user frendly and convinient
- and many more big_smile

I would like to increase the complexity of the current game mechanics.
As a first idea, we could add BIG HEARTS and BIG ARMOR:

• Cooldown: Twice of the little ones.

• Heal: 5 or even 10 points.

• Why: This way you can not get over the max health/armor. If you are at 9 health, picking up a big heart will waste 4 or even 9 hearts. This adds new decision making to the team play. On the other hand, stealing them from your opponent team may be especially effective.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

I would like to increase the complexity of the current game mechanics.
As a first idea, we could add BIG HEARTS and BIG ARMOR:

• Cooldown: Twice of the little ones.

• Heal: 5 or even 10 points.

• Why: This way you can not get over the max health/armor. If you are at 9 health, picking up a big heart will waste 4 or even 9 hearts. This adds new decision making to the team play. On the other hand, stealing them from your opponent team may be especially effective.

I really like the idea! ++

Suggestion: bring back ctf4_old.

• ctf4_old was an official map before, this fact alone says of its high quality.

• It is one of the most popular Teeworlds maps.

• ctf4_old provides players with unique gameplay due to its well-developped structure.

• It is suitable for large amount of gamemodes.

• And last, but not least, ctf4_old was (and still is) widely popular amongst instagib community, proving its high value to community.

Uncle wrote:

• ctf4_old was an official map before, this fact alone says of its high quality.

• ctf4_old provides players with unique gameplay due to its well-developped structure.

• And last, but not least, ctf4_old was (and still is) widely popular amongst instagib community, proving its high value to community.

Whats the point of adding back a map that is only played on a modded gametype (instagib) and it was never played in vanilla?

I don't see the point of making it official, yeah. It can still be used in mods.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Sonix wrote:
Uncle wrote:

Whats the point of adding back a map that is only played on a modded gametype (instagib) and it was never played in vanilla?

Ctf5 and its variations are only played in modded gamemodes, except for public servers which either have no other map on server, or have map rota instead of votes.
Larger dm maps are not played at all, except again for the servers where people cannot choose what map to play.
As for "what is the point", i already listed my points in previous message.

My list:

• Slopes

• Start playing splashscreen, with cool teestyle graphics to search for games automatically so you don't have to browse the serverlist. (Like TeamFortress 2)

• More animations, flag animations, gun animations(seperate ammo from bullet), etc...

• Faster mapdownloads

• 4k support

« Owner of Teesites.net
« Domination Mod "Developer"
« Uptee Designer

There is a feature I wanted to see in-game since the very moment it was showcased. Unfortunatly it was declined to be released, because it seemed to be not teeish enough and it didn't follow KISS principle.
I didn't suggest it before, because I accepted devs decision on it as a final word. But I can see people want it too, what the hell, i'd love to see Slopes too!

Uncle wrote:

There is a feature I wanted to see in-game since the very moment it was showcased. Unfortunatly it was declined to be released, because it seemed to be not teeish enough and it didn't follow KISS principle.

Not sure where that rumor comes from. Slopes were never dismissed as bad/not KISS before afaik.
Actually, the slopes issue on Github was opened by Oy:

Oy wrote:

It seems it was planned to add slopes in tw: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 4063#p4063
Is there still a plan to add them? I think it would be a great feature.

https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues/93

Refering to an even older quote of matricks:

matricks wrote:

Slopes has been discussed and will probelby be added at some point but nothing decided yet.

Afaik, nothing is keeping slopes away of Teeworlds but the actual (heavy) development and adjustments.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

would be useful the possibility to adjust mouse sensitivity also for navigation into menus
this is very important to improve the usability and precision of the editor

CarmineZ wrote:

would be useful the possibility to adjust mouse sensitivity also for navigation into menus
this is very important to improve the usability and precision of the editor

There's "inp_mousesens" to adjust the ingame mouse sensitivity and there's ui_mousesens for the menus.
Should probably add an ui-option for it to the settings.

Remember the 80s - good times smile

I post this list for teini94 with Bug and Ideas for 0.7.1.

1. (Some people cant connect to some good servers like in 0.6 they just stay in loading screen).
    Other people cant connect to any server in 0.7. maybe cause new IP adress style?
   (In 0.6 you cant make servers online with the new ip adress style?)
2. F1 refresh_rate was a good option.
   -> ik some people who gave up on trying to connect to servers in 0.7 cause it was so slow to load servers
3. You should enable that you can keep automatically hooking or walking (if u press chat or 2 times f1 or ESC) like in all other clients.
4. Upgrade your cool statsboard with fpm frags per minute. (Like in Teecomp)
5. More sound options like change chatsounds or mute it. & ingame or gun or hammer sounds
   (Tons of people complain about chatsounds).

6. Make it possible to add friends in browserlist by clicking on them.
7. Make higher number on friends (already done?) & favourite servers.
8. Someone said feets should be centered in the middle like it was before?
9. Dont disable chat when u are in options & such.

10. Whisper system is fine but you should make it so you can sort it on alphabeat. like if u press D then it only shows names with D (else it would be super annoying  with 64 players)
11. Enable zoom for spectators in pvp mods & ingame in race ,ddr.
12. Set spectators afk_kick_time to 0 by default.
13. Add options to change game.png in options by clicking on them like in other clients.
14. Add hookline?

15. Tell others who have problems with avira to whitelist the folders & exe then restart pc.
16. Join spectate problem? sometimes in !2on2 in ictf you cant spectate after the game? or while you are in the game the scoreboard looks like 6 people could fit in but you cant specate sometimes or change teams,
17  In vanila you cant reset  the score like 500:200 if u restart its still the same score.
18. General /allgemein is a bit hidden on the left side some people dont see it.
19. (Ingame browser).
20. Add cl_scoreboard_on_death option some complain it was possible in ddnet.

21. Gamer hud?
22. Some complain about the mouse maybe add option to not use raw input?
23. Add antiping?
24. Make servers show up before 100% of servers are loaded
25. Some people dont find all servers in serverlist.

26. Add only show gametiles.
27. Add api token for race mods by duzi.
28. Add speed meter option to see how fast you are running (that helps beginners to see how to get faster & pros for speedrun).
29. I heard old skins dont work. 100+hours of people worked for them wanna make it possible to add them?.
30. Add clock ingame if u press tab.
31. May add option to disable chatbackground.

32. Add feature to check if someone uses a special client & which id (from client) in rcon.
33. Add feature to autoban some clients or make them not possible to join.(for future bot clients).

2. it's gfx_limit_fps now and it works much better, check the news post
3. that wasn't a thing in 0.6 either
4. already an issue
5. you can edit the data folder
6. you can already do that
9. it overlaps with the transparent menus
10. already an issue
12. agree! should be an issue
14. no, really, that doesn't fit in tw. it's borderline a cheat
15. issue reported to avira
16. already an issue
17. already fixed iirc
18. interesting, what resolution?
19. already planning to do something like that
22. agree
30. already an issue

Some issues like 14, 21, 26, 27, 28, 32, 33 really do not belong in the base Teeworlds imo.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

GoldenLemur wrote:

I post this list for teini94 with Bug and Ideas for 0.7.1.

Many of the features listed are used only in modified gametypes and are not useful to vanilla (e.g hookline in DDrace)

22 (edited by android272 2018-12-16 23:06:20)

Split sound sliders into:

• master - all sounds

• music - main title screen music.

• tee - the tee sounds.

• game - flag captures, gun noises, explosions etc.

• chat - chat sounds.

this way you can fine tune the volume for each of these.

GoldenLemur wrote:

29. I heard old skins don't work. 100+hours of people worked for them wanna make it possible to add them?.

Darn it I had made a script that would cut up old skins and make new skins out of them. probably not the best solution but I can no longer find the script. Was not all that hard to make. I was going to release it to the community so anyone could move their skins to 0.7.X.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Merge DDNet with Teeworlds, just like it should have been years ago.

24 (edited by Stitch626 2018-12-17 16:47:47)

That would be the worst thing that could happen.

Edit: And a downgrade in code quality.

more name character slots pls. 5 more atleast. very important