Topic: When will 0.7 be released?

Hello,

I was wondering what the plan is regarding 0.7? It looks like no one's committed anything new since December.

I'm looking forward to it, given it adds support for SDL 2, which means I can finally run it on Wayland (I have an old netbook where Teeworlds runs smoothly on SDL2/Wayland compared to SDL2/Xorg).

2 (edited by Deepfinder 2017-04-09 10:34:46)

Re: When will 0.7 be released?

There is no plan for it.
But there are some 0.6 clients which already uses SDL2, why you don't use them? E.g. the c-client https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10838

I will be banned if I troll again ...

To know: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … 33#p119733

Probably never sad

Remember the 80s - good times smile

It's quite funny to read this

Oy wrote:

Probably never sad

and this

Oy wrote:

0.7 will be released in 2015

Funny, but disappointing.

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Oy wrote:

Probably never sad

Why not though? 0.7 seems to be complete - the port to SDL 2 seems to be successful, it's working fine for me.

I did notice that none of the current servers show up though, is that due to backwards-incompatible server changes? (I should probably look at the code to figure out the answer).

sandeep.r wrote:
Oy wrote:

Probably never sad

Why not though? 0.7 seems to be complete - the port to SDL 2 seems to be successful, it's working fine for me.

I did notice that none of the current servers show up though, is that due to backwards-incompatible server changes? (I should probably look at the code to figure out the answer).

Yes, the protocol is different. They said earlier, there are lots of issues that aren't fixed yet, and noone fixes them because everyone just develops their 0.6 mod. Sadly

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Oy wrote:

Probably never sad

Then can the project be handed over to others?

Well, there's nothing stopping anyone from preparing all the things left for 0.7. Actually pushing out the release then is the easiest part.

10 (edited by DanilBest 2017-04-10 22:02:30)

Give me! sad sad sad

m!nus wrote:

Well, there's nothing stopping anyone from preparing all the things left for 0.7. Actually pushing out the release then is the easiest part.

So what are the show stoppers for 0.7? Is a list available somewhere?

12 (edited by CarmineZ 2018-08-19 02:05:58)

look at 0.7 milestone on github,
the list is not short! Isn't better to port into a stable game engine for make development faster?
and to enrich the gameplay with  some new physics element without unneeded effort?