1 (edited by Slinack 2018-12-30 14:42:20)

Topic: [CTF] ctf_infiltrate

Hi, there!

This is an old project of mine... I decided to polish it up a little bit and post it over here.
It was originally intended to be a 3v3 ctf map (but I guess the pickups right now are more suited for 8 players).
If you have any suggestions, some constructive feedback would be nice smile

Download final version: ctf_infiltrate
Map info: - suited for 4v4s
- 6 grenade launchers
- 4 shotguns
- 1 laser
- 24 hearts
- 20 shields

https://forum.ddnet.tw/download/file.php?id=38215

Ingame pics:
https://forum.ddnet.tw/download/file.php?id=30131

Map design entirely credited to Oblique! Thanks,  cool buddy cool

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

2 (edited by Slinack 2015-10-19 04:08:36)

Re: [CTF] ctf_infiltrate

On this quest of making movement more fluid, I've been trying some other things (mostly on mid).
Also I pushed the whole map 1 tile down, so mid can be a bit less tight.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3551090/teeworlds/ctf_infiltrate/screenshot_2015-10-18_04-15-44.png
no dl link

This should be a candidate 4v4 map to be included in the next version of TW. Can you post few more screenshots, slightly zoomed out?

I agree about the mid being tight. If you look at ctf2, it has a big mid. Maybe I'll post a mini-edit version of my own later.

Another test version: download

Zoomed-out pics:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3551090/teeworlds/ctf_infiltrate/screenshot_2015-10-18_23-01-48.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3551090/teeworlds/ctf_infiltrate/screenshot_2015-10-18_23-01-28.png

hmmm I think there are not enough hearts and shields. probably not shields, but definitely hearts.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

6 (edited by Sonix 2015-11-01 18:34:44)

Nice work there Slinack smile
Some tips I can give you after a quick test I gave it:
- Hearts and Armour placement should be rebalanced, it's ok to have more armour than hearts but I think that mid has way too much armour.
- To get the Laser looks an easy prize because you have just to pass quickly under there. I'd suggest you to make it worth stopping in mid and take some risks in order to make the gameplay more interesting.
- Sometimes I can't see that little white platform and I end up crashing on it, try to make it more visible. And reduce -1 tile width the mid platforms that contain armour (both sides).

idea for laser: (x is collision, L is laser)

xxxxx xxxxx
    x x
    xLx
    xxx

so you have to stop, go into that "hole" and risk getting hit my grenade

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Sonix wrote:

Nice work there Slinack smile
Some tips I can give you after a quick test I gave it:
- Hearts and Armour placement should be rebalanced, it's ok to have more armour than hearts but I think that mid has way too much armour.
- To get the Laser looks an easy prize because you have just to pass quickly under there. I'd suggest you to make it worth stopping in mid and take some risks in order to make the gameplay more interesting.
- Sometimes I can't see that little white platform and I end up crashing on it, try to make it more visible. And reduce -1 tile width the mid platforms that contain armour (both sides).

Did you try the latest test version I uploaded too? (just so I know if you are talking about the old mid platform or not, plus I had already reduced 1 tile on that lower platform, but I could try it again if it were to smooth things out) smile

@Schwertspize I'll consider some kind of diff positioning for the laser. Thanks for ur suggestion.

I think so (ctf_infiltratev4).
I meant:
http://puu.sh/l6Qpx/fca37f18e2.png

10 (edited by Slinack 2015-11-04 04:40:06)

We made a few changes yesterday. The map is currently looking like this:

gamelayer pic: ctf_infiltratev5 (dl link)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3551090/teeworlds/ctf_infiltrate/screenshot_2015-11-03_22-02-58.png

But I'm still working on the pickup placement smile

edit: it looks like an alien from space invaders :>
I should name it ctf_invaders haha

11 (edited by Sonix 2015-11-27 15:06:48)

Any progress on this?

Btw, Map added to the MWG list ^^

I've been a bit busy. These were the last tests I made:
pickup-placement1
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3551090/teeworlds/ctf_infiltrate/ctf_infiltratepickups1.png

pickup-placement2
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3551090/teeworlds/ctf_infiltrate/ctf_infiltratepickups2.png

I probably have enough time to resume workin on it now smile

Last post's test version: ctf_infiltratetest3-1

Päthos and I worked on this a bit today. Here are the changes:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3551090/teeworlds/ctf_infiltrate/screenshot_2016-01-08_21-14-30.png

ctf_infiltratev6 (download)

V6 is closing to perfection. Just need some test games.

It's hosted on my Virginia server.

15 (edited by Deepfinder 2016-01-09 03:20:42)

I dont like this ugly grey ice, why you dont use the beautiful, transparent ice for the whole map?

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Deepfinder wrote:

I dont like this ugly grey ice, why you dont use the beautiful, transparent ice for the whole map?

Maybe I'm wrong but I always saw the "gray ice" as rock. As though this map were way up in the mountains.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Hey guys!

Currently the last version of this map is being hosted by Sushi and Pathos and one other guy(?) (thanks big_smile)
So I'd be really glad if you could play some captain games on it? and then tell me what you thought about it

::europe
*gV* - ctf community server 91.121.67.18:8310
Vanilla CTF (CaptureTheFlag) by Wingiti 94.23.233.28:27308

::america
Pathos CTF (& DM) Virgina 96.231.24.94:8303

smile

I believe I got around to this late, but I'll still say good things about your map sliney smile

While I haven't been able to get a game together on infiltrate, I've roamed around on it with some people, and I really enjoy the current setup of movement and pickup places. I've heard some say it could be a bit more open in the middle, but I think that it is entirely up you as to what to do with that. It could go either way, really.

no

19 (edited by Oblique. 2016-02-03 05:44:53)

I decided to edit the design a bit. It might not be the style that you're going for, so accept whatever changes you feel fit.

Ingame Screenshot

Things changed:
--Edited winter main, added transparency, and tinted slightly bluish.
--New background
--Added more doodads and tinted slightly darker and bluish
--Deleted unused images
--Disabled clipping for layers

Note: None of the gameplay was edited

Download ctf_infiltratev6_edit.map

A is for Apple.

20 (edited by Slinack 2016-02-03 01:11:24)

hahaha nice! very fancy big_smile

The current version is mostly automapped, cause I keep changing stuff. Although I have added a few stylish bits along the way tongue
I'll probably keep some tiles you used for the snowish parts when everything is finished.
To be quite honest, making the map look gorgeous is a lot of trouble (even more to someone who plays with HD off).

It'll also need a second tile layer for walls in the background and stuff smile

The tree on the pic is bugged @Oblique.

22 (edited by Oblique. 2016-02-03 05:44:39)

Sonix wrote:

The tree on the pic is bugged @Oblique.

It is? I don't see it, maybe my eyes aren't working.
But I did find two snow pile bugs.

Fixed here (Link also updated on my original post).

A is for Apple.

Oblique. wrote:

It is? I don't see it, maybe my eyes aren't working.

Hah, it's a catch from the way the doodads are made I guess. In order to save some space, only different parts of the same figure get new tiles. If it's not clear, look up jungle_doodads and see the how only 2 full statues are present - because they are completely different, and how the gfx guys then added two more sets of eyes.

So in winter_doodads the tiles you used to make separate tree branches are in fact meant to be different tree-bottom possibilities: here is dm8 with Info toggled so you can recognize the tiles. And I guess it's not rly possible to achieve what you wanted with the current doodads tongue

Ohhh, thank you. I fixed that and did some other things.

Ingame Screenshot

Things changed:
--Desert mountains
--Deleted extra stars image
--Added dark winter tile background
--Fixed the tree doodad
--Added another layer of winter_main for the snowflake and the angry blob

Download ctf_infiltratev6_edit2

A is for Apple.

25 (edited by Netherland 2016-02-04 01:37:16)

Oblique. wrote:

Things changed:
--Desert mountains

The desert mountains don't fit in very good, why not keep the snowy mountains or recolor the desert ones to a more blueish shade?

privet