1 (edited by Broken 2013-03-06 14:12:54)

Topic: Classic DDRace maps restored & revised

As it has become a bit of a hobby for me to restore old classic ddrace maps and often heavily revise them I thought I'd dedicate a thread to them all instead of to each one. These are all intermediate difficulty (easy for pros, but hard for noobs) and someone might want them to start a mid-level ddrace server, etc. I think these maps were well designed and I'd hate to see them disappear forever like some maps. Also, there is some *very* poor quality versions of some of these maps out there and these revisions make the map at least as it was originally intended (no non-working parts, no cheap shortcuts, no wrong tilesets, etc). On finally completing remapping the entire 16 Koules with the help of Bee for a couple of them I decided to make this post. Most of the maps here previously posted have had many fixes as well.

It's impractical to post screenshots, but all maps can be viewed on the Inspire DDRace server.

CLASSIC DDRACE MAP PACK: http://www.mediafire.com/?su6vdbuwr3lbsvh

Atticus 1-6 & Comp

Warch 1-5 & Comp (later named War4yH)

Eagle 1-4 & Comp

Brain Race 1-4 & Comp

Anali 1-3 & Comp

Koule 1-16

Skillz 1-6

Killa 1-5

Pados 1-3

Amor 1-2

Wale

Mikey III

Ep!x

Chdd

Skynet 1-10 & Comp (from DDMax)

Campain 1

http://i.imgur.com/BdhY7L8.jpg

Re: Classic DDRace maps restored & revised

They arent that old , and i see them all frequently , But thanks anyway

Teeworlds!!!!

3 (edited by Broken 2013-01-20 18:06:26)

They are I am pretty sure all over 2 years old and the ones you see "frequently" are very crappy versions usually.

I did not just put together the crappy maps you see on servers, a LOT of work went into these.

4 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2013-01-20 23:01:16)

Broken wrote:

They are I am pretty sure all over 2 years old and the ones you see "frequently" are very crappy versions usually.

I propably thought they werent old cause i play teeworlds from before these where made. Truely , these are pretty darn old.. and Sorry , i didnt explain it well enough , My clanserver hosts alot of the oldschool maps , but some of these wich you have posted are yet to be  hosted on our server. Thanks, im happy to find :Brain Race 1-4 & Comp,Eagle 1-4 & Comp and Mikey III!!

Broken wrote:

I did not just put together the crappy maps you see on servers, a LOT of work went into these.

Without a doubt!

Teeworlds!!!!

5 (edited by traitor 2013-01-21 02:08:59)

Is this the first provided map pack, as suggested here?
Okay it is far from being official, nonetheless made by someone who cares.

Having a person who is a possible contact for changes, updates, corrections or such - that's just great.
If you want to keep it up, maybe you can add some details about the maps, perhaps images too? Having a folder at an imagehoster for example.

the skynets in this pack are outdated and have few bugs go on DDracemaX server and take the newest versions from there cheers ^^

7 (edited by Broken 2013-01-23 12:44:30)

I checked the DDMax skynets against mine and found no difference, Tsin, so I don't know.

I added all maps to my home ddrace server, but I'm gonna continue playing on Inspire's.

Vanilla FTW, please.

campain (or something like that) series are not old enough to be in this list? I miss them.

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

10 (edited by Broken 2013-02-02 00:37:58)

Oh, I have those maps and many many others, but it takes a lot of time to really restore them, they don't work/look right.

If you want the 0.5 unrestored version just PM me.

Edit::: added skynets from ddmax (although only 1 was different in byte size) and also Pados 1-3 recieved some fixes.

I miss the Madness maps xD

visit our clan!
=Eagle=

Madness is not classic XDD

captoule is the maps made by fluxid

Good work, bro.

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

14 (edited by Broken 2013-02-03 20:00:53)

Thanks, guys. Some of these maps I changed pretty significantly, so you can always rename them  Koule_1_new or something.

D86leader wrote:

campain (or something like that) series are not old enough to be in this list? I miss them.

I have finished restoring Campain One and added it. Also a fix to Wales.

Very good indeed i love it & thanks for sharing (:

My web page: http://Criogenizado.com (Spanish)

And campotle series? You probably have them

This maps still work with latest DDNet 4.9. Thanks for sharing!

I found Skynet maps useful for noobs, as I am. Are any other recommendation?