Re: Slopes

Tee Killa wrote:
ZONE wrote:

LOL make this

(Image)

LOL why?

Because it's funny to slide down?

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

27 (edited by ZONE 2013-08-17 21:42:32)

Landil wrote:
Tee Killa wrote:
ZONE wrote:

LOL make this

(Image)

LOL why?

Because it's funny to slide down?

yeah

Fanartist
Good can't exist without evil, thats why i love being both
Virus

28 (edited by Matodor 2013-08-18 17:02:09)

Oh, cool. Dreams come true.
There are still three: support for Steam, API for mods and accounts.
And it will be the perfect game.

On one hand it seems like a good idea - more fluid movements, getting stuck less often, but!
On the other hand it could be a bad idea - great number of new tiles required, map reworking, player adaptation...

Either way, I'm for this, because I like to see new stuff...

i love this, finally something is moving on here from official site. i can imagine that some may think progress can hurt the game. this is true, i also disagree with ddrace for example featuring laser dragging you around everywhere and random ports. still, if its carefully implemented and does make sense, new features make a game more interesting.
im quite sure the reason mods are more poupular than vanilla is just because of this. players search for more possibilitie, and most of you did see what only 1 additional  tile (teleport for race, freeze for ddrace) can do.
mods simply go on where the possibilities of vanilla do stop.
cant say how happy i am to see you implementing slopes.

Slayer *gV* wrote:
Landil wrote:

dcbe intuitive. Keep it simple stupid - is one of the design guidelines of teeworlds. So we will make movement as it is expected by people who play it for the first time.

Well, i would expect to slide slowely down, when i stand on a slope.

i wouldnt. if i stand on a slope in reallife, i dont slide down if i dont want to (just if its slippery, but that would fit to other new tiles like ice), and that would be what a new player expects if he comes to teeworlds.

beside that, i fully agree with the quote of landil (where did he say it? not in this topic...).
thats why i do favor realistic physics for teeworlds.

31 (edited by KChris 2017-08-13 00:09:53)

-deleted-

Lazy dev

KChris wrote:

I'd like to see that, with good physics with it. It'd be cool too if you could just slide them down smile
But if you stand on one, will your jump curve be changed too or will you just jump straight up like normally?

normally

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Is there any progress and what about sources, I wanna test this out smile

Luck is allowed

HMH wrote:

Is there any progress and what about sources, I wanna test this out smile

No progress during the last half year. Sources were kept secret so far.

Landil wrote:
Dune wrote:

There needs to be a lot of testing on the physics of sliding down or up hills after taking high speeds by hooking; I don't know how it actually works now but it needs to be smooth.

Keep up the good work!

Yip, the true development process is not coding a slope or making the graphics. It's the finetuning, making it smooth and sound. This needs a lot of work and a feeling for teeishness.

heinrich5991 wrote:

Sources were kept secret so far.

Too bad ...

Luck is allowed

So far the the devs decided not to use these ... though magnet says that it was just a proof of concept and we did not have a proper map to test it.

Am I supposed to publish binaries and or source?

Landil wrote:

Am I supposed to publish binaries and or source?

Yes,ofc!
Would be great if you will push it to github, to give us ability to see changes as a patch

Yes source would be great. I can compile it on my own and if needed I could upload binaries (Macintosh, Linux and Windows).

Luck is allowed

We've decided to remove the additional slide button and tweak the code a lil bit. Afterwards will release the source and the grass slope graphics. Then it will be up to you to create a map and adjust the settings to make it feel that teeish so magnet will love it and grant his OKAY to make it official wink

Knowing that so far I am entirely unconvinced this is a worthy addition gameplay-wise.

Magnet wrote:

Knowing that so far I am entirely unconvinced this is a worthy addition gameplay-wise.

Dead now yikes ?

Luck is allowed

If you don't create any proper map - yes.

HMH wrote:
Magnet wrote:

Dead now yikes ?

waiting for a response of inherited ...

Still no response sad ?
@Slayer *gv* no source no maps yikes

Luck is allowed

45 (edited by 2014-05-01 18:08:44)

I will post the "latest" stuff I got.

Here it is

Here you go: http://i60.tinypic.com/16osol.png

https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … slopes.map

47 (edited by HMH 2014-07-30 17:03:00)

here is the macversion teeworlds-0.7-osx.dmg

linux: teeworlds-0.7-linux.tar.gz smile

windows: teeworlds-0.7-windows.zip

Luck is allowed

and windows? ^--^

49 (edited by HMH 2014-07-30 19:20:33)

Added windows binaries smile
I will probably set up a server for testing soon.

Edit: Server is up: HMH-Slopes-TestServer

Luck is allowed

50 (edited by Shadd!X 2014-07-30 17:52:19)

@HMH

the client crashes after connecting (using windows)

edit: nevermind, my bad