Topic: Discovered: New and Faster Way of Hammer-Hook-Flying!

Here's the video!

This was discovered on November 9, 2013 by Nathan and Purey. You can see later in the video that when timed right, they fly upwards much faster than the conventional way.

The top player hooks the bottom player and both players hammer. Top player hooking the bottom players makes more sense because of Teeworlds' hook treats force elasticity in favor for the person using the hook, therefore going up faster.

Re: Discovered: New and Faster Way of Hammer-Hook-Flying!

Nice short video. It's always nice to see members being enthusiastic about Teeworlds' simple but potentially complex gameplay.
Is your style of hammerflying in contrast to both players hooking and hammering, or only the bottom player hammering and the top player hooking?
I have conventionally hammerflied via bottom player hammering and top player hooking, and your way as well. I think what matters the most is that players time their hooking and hammering in synchronization with each other; the players in your video did this very well.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Wow, thanks for sharing!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Now if only we had moving tiles, so we could build a cool race map, where you need to use this because of the timing.... nevermind me, i'm just dreaming...

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

There should be a name for this general technique -- a skill tree (for different methods for flying), at least, if you will. I think it would also be helpful for the upcoming Wiki page.

Mh, I believe that technique is already pretty well-known amongst DDRacers. Its advantage over the conventional hammerfly is obvious, the speed, the drawback is that you have to be perfectly aligned to do it.

Thanks for video, but.. What's new in it? DDRacers use it since ddrace was out. And, by the way, hammerfly can be faster smile

hmm........ you gave me a great idea ha.

I used to do it all the time just for the heck of it while playing with a friend, if you both hit at the exact same time you can achieve very high speed.

I'm gonna kill you!
My avatar was made by R.I.P TeBob.

Sorry to say this, but this is nothing new at all. And who makes makes DDrace maps these days, that includes to hammerfly just straight up?

11 (edited by Emporio 2013-11-18 14:43:45)

letins wrote:

Sorry to say this, but this is nothing new at all. And who makes makes DDrace maps these days, that includes to hammerfly just straight up?

There's a few parts for DDrace maps that need various tactics including hammer fly (obviously for 2players) I've seen some of those, and the point of this thread is to tell racers about the quicker way for hammer fly and maybe it's not something new but not all racers know how to do it. So I'll just thank him. tongue

My in-game nick: Gumby

This method isn't really practical as someone has already stated. Maps never have a straight hammerfly part anymore. Besides, there is a faster method for going vertical than what you have shown.