1 (edited by GBKing 2013-05-04 15:44:53)

Topic: Teeworlds 0.7 Trunk

For people that want to try the newest Teeworlds Trunk builds, but do not really want to compile after every change, I now provide versions for Linux that are compiled automatically once daily by scripts. Also available is a Windows version that I compile every now and then and then upload.

Downloads - 0.7:
Linux 64bit
Linux 32bit (no client)
Windows 32bit

Thank you to heinrich1995 that provided me with a patch to compile the 32bit version on a 64bit machine!

Re: Teeworlds 0.7 Trunk

Everything just looks.... >.<
Does the new teeish style keep or are this just lots of unfixed bugs?

Ich wrote:

Everything just looks.... >.<
Does the new teeish style keep or are this just lots of unfixed bugs?

Well the menu is in progress atm and not finished yet (currently the serverbrowser gets reworked afaik)
But I think the major changes are done in the general

Anyway if u dont like it create an alternative concept instead of just complaining.
"Everything just looks.... >.<" doesnt help anyone. Better say what u would like to be changed and what u expect it should look like instead.

@Topic: Good to see a buildbot again. Maybe some more ppl will give now constructive feedback concerning the current trunk (:

I'm fine with the menu and i overreacted a bit. I more meant the ingame changes. Tees for example look totally different.

Its really cool that you are doing this for us all . thanks GBKing!

Teeworlds!!!!

Ich wrote:

Tees for example look totally different.

The reason for this difference is the new skin system! tongue

Bye bye unofficial 0.6 working-skins smile
Dead to 0.7 and to the new skin system.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Bye bye horrible custom skins smile
Dead to your awful English and to the old skin system.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

9 (edited by Ich 2012-11-18 01:09:44)

yemDX wrote:

+1
But i loved how the old skins looked. The new just look so damn different hmm

10 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2012-11-18 03:13:21)

yemDX wrote:

Ok. Now it's your turn. Speak in Portuguese kiddo.

- Günther Branlutte

11 (edited by Zatline 2012-11-18 01:43:33)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

What the hell is wrong with you?! yikes
0.7 allows more possibility as never before! wink

Ich wrote:

But i loved how the old skins looked. The new just look so damn different

Lay down your habits! big_smile

HeroiAmarelo wrote:
yemDX wrote:

Ok. Now it's your turn. Speak in Portuguese kiddo.

This is an English forum, so i expect proper English. ^^

Zatline wrote:

Nah, they're just ugly. Especially the feet. God, the feet. Who drew them? Who thought "This looks like a tee, and this tee looks good."

Ex-King of Teeworlds

You only speak about my grammar because you're from America and you're a native speaker.
You have no right to talk about my grammar, ok?
I hate you kiddo, you're just a 13 years old kid, and I don't even know why do I care about your commentaries.
Do not make any complain about my grammar since it's impossible to you to have an incorrect one.
I know that I'm not the best english speaker in the world, but I do not think that I'm the worst, so Stfu, *R Word* kid.

- Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

You only speak about my grammar because you're from America and you're a native speaker.
You have no right to talk about my grammar, ok?
I hate you kiddo, you're just a 13 years old kid, and I don't even know why do I care about your commentaries.
Do not make any complain about my grammar since it's impossible to you to have an incorrect one.
I know that I'm not the best english speaker in the world, but I do not think that I'm the worst, so Stfu, *R Word* kid.

I'm not a native, though. Moved here 2 years ago. Also, I understand you are over the age of 18, so please act like it and don't pop in on IRC telling me you hate me ^^

Ex-King of Teeworlds

15 (edited by Broken 2012-11-18 02:52:51)

Zatline wrote:
HeroiAmarelo wrote:

What the hell is wrong with you?! yikes

This isn't quite true. It allows noobs more possibilities to make butt ugly skin combinations. But pros have been using hundreds and hundreds of custom skins for a long time now.

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I think the Devs have made some poor decisions each upgrade to Teeworlds, that have kind of said "fuck you" to the efforts of users to make custom stuff for Teeworlds. Okay, so custom tiles and skins are not "official" Teeworlds, but despite Yem's trollish comments, there is a lot of effort and skill in well-made skins and tiles, and no effort to preserve compatibility to literally thousands of user-made content taking hundreds of hours to make.

In 0.5, Teeworlds screwed old map makers by not including old map tilesets, which would have been simple and easy to do. And now in 0.6 it's breaking compatibility with a lot of nice skins (stfu Yem you are an annoying troll) to allow noobs more ugly color/tatoo combinations.

I think the community is a valid part of Teeworlds not just the un-modded, original game. Just the way I feel sad.

Broken wrote:

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but I think the Devs have made some poor decisions each upgrade to Teeworlds, that have kind of said "fuck you" to the efforts of users to make custom stuff for Teeworlds. Okay, so custom tiles and skins are not "official" Teeworlds, but despite Yem's trollish comments, there is a lot of effort and skill in well-made skins and tiles, and no effort to preserve compatibility to literally thousands of user-made content taking hundreds of hours to make.

In 0.5, Teeworlds screwed old map makers by not including old map tilesets, which would have been simple and easy to do. And now in 0.6 it's breaking compatibility with a lot of nice skins (stfu Yem you are an annoying troll) to allow noobs more ugly color/tatoo combinations.

I think the community is a valid part of Teeworlds not just the un-modded, original game. Just the way I feel sad.

I think you are forgetting that vanilla Teeworlds is completely different from modded Teeworlds. The developers do not have to cater to people who use mods such as custom skins and custom tilesets. If you really like those skins, convert them to the new format. I'm sure someone will make a program to convert for you, too.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Broken, +1

yemDX wrote:

[...]

Sure, that's why this is a open-s game.
That's why the game supports unofficial tilesets and skins.

yemDX wrote:

Moved here 2 years ago.

Same shit.

yemDX wrote:

You're not forced to use them, besides that, Pinky sucks.

Zatline wrote:

True, but... See this
And some people, like Miper, have worked a lot by creating awesome skins, and now they are useless.
Let me remind you that now, you cant only drag skin parts into folders, because now you have to change code lines.

- Günther Branlutte

Stop flaming! Wait until 0.7 is finished before you flaming about it! This is just a trunk, so get down and enjoy 0.6! wink

Zatline wrote:

Stop flaming! Wait until 0.7 is finished before you flaming about it! This is just a trunk, so get down and enjoy 0.6! wink

Okay, let's wait until 0.7 is done in maybe a year or two! Don't say anything you think until it's released! Then, you can complain all you want, and wait about 2 years for the next version to come out. ^^

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Zatline wrote:

I don't mean to discourage or belittle the developers. I appreciate their hard work. But maybe my comments can have an impact on the proposed skins system for 0.7.

Broken wrote:

I appreciate their hard work.

oy's hard work, you mean.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

22 (edited by Dune 2012-11-18 09:18:27)

Broken wrote:

I think the Devs have made some poor decisions each upgrade to Teeworlds, that have kind of said "fuck you" to the efforts of users to make custom stuff for Teeworlds.

And the "users to make custom stuff to Teeworlds" made a 100 times bigger "fuck you" to Teeworlds.

Stop with the predictable pre-release "omgchangesuxwasbetterbefore".

Not Luck, Just Magic.

23 (edited by Broken 2012-11-18 12:47:09)

Dune you're is amazing programmer but logic is not your strong suit. no 1 is saying change is a bad thing we are saying it is bad change. adding materials to 2 worlds isn't saying 100 * a bigger f***it's saying the compliment that's how good the basic game engine is.

Times are changing and i just hope that the new version will breathe new life into vanilla smile

good work i like the new system a bit strange but i like it smile hehe

Jambi*

25 (edited by traitor 2012-11-18 14:56:49)

I like those efforts to revive the discussion about upcoming versions! But I hope all of you can discuss without anger and accusations.
Calm down and enjoy your lovely game.

Have to inform you, that my Avira Antovirus is a bit nervous about windows versions of "masterserver_d.exe" and "teeworlds_srv_d.exe". It found a suspicious packer 'TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen', I think this is one of the many false alarms.
Either way, could someone please explain the files I find in the zip pacakge? For example the packetgen.exe and teeworlds_d.exe (which has nearly double the filesize as teeworlds.exe from same package).

It is interesting to see new tilesets, but unfortunately some others break older maps... See comment 15 by Broken. He found good words to describe my feeling about teeworlds and its community.
Of course I dont think developers and contributors don't work against additional contents, but on the other hand they could encourage people a little bit more.

Let me add a suggestion: what about some news updates, describe the progress (perhaps focus on great changes) and help people understand your decisions and they would accept it more likely. Now it is some kind of rumor mill for those who do not visit and understand github system.
Open up the development and make people participate, even when they only find information about upcoming gamebreaking edits and innovations.

edit:
Using windows xp 32bit and having teeworlds trunk 0.7 in program files I can not run it. Error message: Not a valid Win32 application
Does anybody else notices this?