1 (edited by Sonix 2012-11-17 00:35:24)

Topic: [MAP] Ctf_tantum

Hi tees,
I just wanted to show-off my newest map,which I've introduced to the dev-team as a "wannabe official 0.7 map" smile

Gametype:CTF

Reccomended n. of players: 4on4 - 8.

Screenshots:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6752/screenshot2012111413595.png

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/6928/screenshot2012111318325.png

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3057/screenshot2012111413593.png

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/694/screenshot2012111318345.png

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4503/screenshot2012111318341.png

Download:

https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … tantum.map

Thanks also to Bear and Kyu who helped me around some things of the map.

*It would be nice if you could give some feedback @Github,I'd really appreciate it smile : https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/pull/1022

That's all,I hope you like it and feel free to tell what ya think about it wink

Update n.1:
-Raised spawns (also fixed some positions)
-Cleaned tileset holes.
Minor update1.1:
-Reduced map's size by cutting out the bottom,unnecessary,part.

P.S: You may notice some tileset bugs on 0.6,the fact is that I've used the new grass_main tileset (0.7 one),don't mind on it.

2 (edited by yemDX 2012-11-14 06:08:05)

Re: [MAP] Ctf_tantum

Messed around on it for maybe 10 minutes. Feels pretty tight for a 4v4, but I haven't played a 4v4 on it, so feel free to call me up for a game on it to prove me wrong. About the graphics, those two holes in the middle on the ceiling look really weird, and "unofficial"-ish. Otherwise I like it, but it's not the next ctf2.

On a side note, we need someone to attempt to make another 3v3. We've got enough custom 4v4's (lava, master_exploder), we need some 3v3's.

EDIT: Your spawns are on the floor. Raise them.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

3 (edited by Broken 2012-11-14 09:16:26)

too much health in the bases..... in my opinion. the movement didn't feel smooth either. but it looks nice

4 (edited by D86leader 2012-11-14 14:23:50)

i like graphics, it reminds me ze_jungle. But i think it's more fng map then ctf. Just put spikes in squarish holes and it'll be ok

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

yemDX wrote:

Messed around on it for maybe 10 minutes. Feels pretty tight for a 4v4, but I haven't played a 4v4 on it, so feel free to call me up for a game on it to prove me wrong. About the graphics, those two holes in the middle on the ceiling look really weird, and "unofficial"-ish. Otherwise I like it, but it's not the next ctf2.

On a side note, we need someone to attempt to make another 3v3. We've got enough custom 4v4's (lava, master_exploder), we need some 3v3's.

EDIT: Your spawns are on the floor. Raise them.

I'll call you no prob. I'll clear the holes and raise the spawns no worries.
And about the ctf2 thing: nobody said it's going to be the next ctf2,just another map. tongue
Lava isnt for 4v4 and there are no good 4on4 official maps,remind that wink

i like the gameplay smile
great map sonix wink

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

Hey Sonix. I messed around on the map for a bit but I didn't get to play a game on it. I really like the movement and pickup placement as of current. I find the map uncertain whether it wants to be a 3v3 or 4v4. It's slightly too small to be a 4v4 in my opinion. I should probably play a game on it before making assumptions though.

-SALAD

Your map has been proposed 2 months ago, so it is nice that you share it with a greater community at this forum.
It looks really great, although you could optimise it even further (squeezing some more kb, by reducing the game layer size - the lower part is not necessary smile
No doodads are appreciated by people like me playing with low details most of the time.

Wodering because it states you are "part of the Map Working Group" (according thread)... I did not imagine some people are actually doing something. None was interested to tell the forum about it. Anyway, great news smile
But at first I thought this was meant to accept exisiting maps... I remember there are already few to download...

The new grass tileset incorporate a cobble stone road? Intersting.

SALAD wrote:

Hey Sonix. I messed around on the map for a bit but I didn't get to play a game on it. I really like the movement and pickup placement as of current. I find the map uncertain whether it wants to be a 3v3 or 4v4. It's slightly too small to be a 4v4 in my opinion. I should probably play a game on it before making assumptions though.

Hey Salad and thanks,actually the maps fits perfectly as a 4on4 map,of course we should play more games on it so feel free to visit POLICE server,where I've uploaded the map,so we could play some more games. smile

traitor wrote:

Your map has been proposed 2 months ago, so it is nice that you share it with a greater community at this forum.
It looks really great, although you could optimise it even further (squeezing some more kb, by reducing the game layer size - the lower part is not necessary
No doodads are appreciated by people like me playing with low details most of the time.
Wodering because it states you are "part of the Map Working Group" (according thread)... I did not imagine some people are actually doing something. None was interested to tell the forum about it. Anyway, great news
But at first I thought this was meant to accept exisiting maps... I remember there are already few to download...

Thanks for the feedback.
Yes after talking a bit with Magnet he inserted me in (Map Working Group),I hope also that some new experienced mappers will join me.

traitor wrote:

The new grass tileset incorporate a cobble stone road? Intersting.

Actually I've mixed the grass and jungle tilesets,nothing special. tongue

I played yesterday 2 matches on tantum and i can just say good work bro its 1000x better as ctf2 for 4on4 there is enough space enough weapons enough hp and i really enjoyed to play on this map good work sonix

Jambi* wrote:

I played yesterday 2 matches on tantum and i can just say good work bro its 1000x better as ctf2 for 4on4 there is enough space enough weapons enough hp and i really enjoyed to play on this map good work sonix

Thank you Jambi! smile

Nice Job!

Fury wrote:

Nice Job!

Thanks!

By the way,we're testing a different pickup placement,so soon the map will be available @POLICE server for testing purposes,do not hesitate to visit us! tongue

Why you put a grenade launcher in the middle?...

RUSterrorist wrote:

I agree with this actually. It seemed somewhat out of place.

RUSterrorist wrote:

You may have noticed that the map is still messed up,so don't worry for the pickup placement actually. Soon I will post the finished map.

Well, since the name of the map includes "Beta", i kinda knew that this isnt the final map.
But still i felt like posting it in here so you might think about it.
It could be that you wanted to let it in the middle, and i am here to safe you from this big mistake.
Else contact me in Skype if you are testing another version :3

This should absolutely be an official map. Of course that means in all likelihood it won't be and then drop off into obscurity like tons of other really great maps.

Nilaya wrote:

This should absolutely be an official map.

Yeah, it will be an official map! wink
We improved the movement a little bit, for now... we just need to add doodads... big_smile

20 (edited by Sonix 2012-12-02 23:41:07)

Nilaya wrote:

Of course that means in all likelihood it won't be and then drop off into obscurity like tons of other really great maps.

Zat was faster than me hmm

Sonix wrote:
Nilaya wrote:

Of course that means in all likelihood it won't be and then drop off into obscurity like tons of other really great maps.

Zat was faster than me hmm

big_smile