1 (edited by G@mer 2012-10-03 14:08:54)

Topic: [DOWN] [MAP PACK] Teeworlds Mapbase ( Map Collection )

Teeworlds Mapbase
currently there are: Current Maps in Database stored

About
I've decided to create this website because the page Kottizen made is down. Also I made it for the Fans who search maps.

Functions
There are not many functions now. You just can upload your maps throught a multiupload field ( so noone must upload every single map wink ). You can sort the uploaded maps, or you can take a look at all.

The counter which tells how much space is used and how many maps we already collected updates himself every 10 seconds.

You can download all the maps uploaded so far in a single file when you press the download button. Every 30 minutes ( enough time to download before the file will be repacked )  a script will pack all maps into current.tar.gz , so you will always have the newest maps.

There will be a search function later on. But for the first this are the basic functions.

I hope we could create a huge Map Database together and I hope you enjoy this little Tool / Database ! wink

To visit the page click here: Teeworlds Map Database

Greetings,
G@mer

----
update ( 25.09 02:15 ) wink

- [feature] SCREENSHOTS! ( made with tw-maps-gen & php gd )
- [feature] search system
- [feature] show if screenshot is available
- [bugfix] uploadsize limit
- [bugfix] stringlenghts in mapnames ( on map page )
- [bugfix] packing maps every 30min works now

The "correct" page will be the same like the maps page, but on the correct page you can add an author to the map, upload a better screenshot or add a gametype.

update ( 25.09 11:53 ) wink
- [feature] Maps are now UNIQUE ( md5 code from every map is stored in mysql, if someone adds a new map, script checks if the map is already there. so we have now 1543 UNIQE maps !

update ( 26.09 03:17 ) wink
- [feature] Map page now featuring gametype, creator
- [feature] Maps now crc cleaned !
- [feature] Changed 10sec reload to 5 sec reload of stats
- [bugfix] removed ".map" in search display

# New Screenshots, Cleaned maps: so we have now
1294 really UNIQUE maps and 920 SCREENSHOTS ( 71 % of the maps )

# known bugs
The screenshots seem to have some bugs. May the cause is the different filesize of the maps, so I must process bigger maps differently. The fix for that will come soon. Also the next aim is to create screenshots of 100% the maps we have online. There are still some errors in creating them.

update ( 26.09 03:26 ) wink
- [bugfix] fixed bug in search system ( link to map error )

update ( 27.09 03:38 ) wink

- [feature] better map view
- [feature] better filter view
- [feature] RATE System
- [bugfix] Upload limits

Gametype filters coming soon

More updates coming soon. hopefully someone will upload maps wink

( update 28.09, 03:00 ) smile

- [feature] New design which will bring a better overview wink
- [feature] Added Gametypes and Ratings to the Live Updater
- [feature] Sorted the results aplhabetically ! wink
- [feature] Gametype Filter is now working
- [feature] Correct Page is now working, you can correct the maps on your own and help to make this database much better smile
- [bugfix] Upload time

And tomorrow there will be something great wink Enjoy this update!

Update ( 29.09.2012 01:28 ) wink
- [feature] added rating and gametype right in maplist
- [bugfix]  maps now choosen from select
- [bugfix] Gametype filters now taken from list

update ( 30.09 20:22 )

- [feature] Top 5 Rated Maps
- [feature] Newest maps
- [feature] Better map info view

Update ( 03.10.12 , 12:20 ) wink
- [feature] Screenshot preview

* You will get a preview of each screenshot available while hovering the mapname links on maplist, search and home page. Try it smile

Update ( 03.10.12, 14:15 )
-- Introducing the blacklist --

You can now add maps which are old, buggy or twice listed in the database to the blacklist. I'll check the blacklist and  then I'll delete the maps.
With this we can clean the database much better and it's much easier for me to delete buggy or multiple maps.

More infos here: http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/?page=correct
More coming soon smile

Re: [DOWN] [MAP PACK] Teeworlds Mapbase ( Map Collection )

Needs screenshots, descriptions, what mods they are for/vanilla, and needs to be in better catagories such as, Vannila dm © Magnus Auvinen, Vanilla ctf © Magnus Auvinen, Vanilla tdm © Magnus Auvinen, Mod Boomfng © Philip "Fifi", and other mods and their creators. But decently good, but I think its better to just, seaarch for a map in the forums that we're in, and look for screenshots.  http://teedb.comli.com
The TeeDB is the end all with databases for TW, But player statistics like so: http://www.teeworlds-stats.info/index.php?clan=*Commit*
Is my clan ^^. Any way, nice job.

no

3 (edited by Zatline 2012-09-24 16:32:34)

Amazing!!! Imo it's important to save old maps! :>

Lord Kirby wrote:

Needs screenshots, descriptions, what mods they are for/vanilla, and needs to be in better catagories such as, Vannila dm © Magnus Auvinen, Vanilla ctf © Magnus Auvinen, Vanilla tdm © Magnus Auvinen, Mod Boomfng © Philip "Fifi", and other mods and their creators. But decently good, but I think its better to just, seaarch for a map in the forums that we're in, and look for screenshots.  http://teedb.comli.com
The TeeDB is the end all with databases for TW, But player statistics like so: http://www.teeworlds-stats.info/index.php?clan=*Commit*
Is my clan ^^. Any way, nice job.

I'll add the search function today. maybe I'll add a page for every map, where the users can change the screenshot pic, the gametype and add the author.

Zatline wrote:

Amazing!!! Imo it's important to save old maps! :>

Thanks smile

5 (edited by Zodiac 2012-09-24 16:57:40)

Definitely something that is needed! But what is more helpful quality or quantity? There are at least 10 different Aip-Gores maps uploaded, and just anyone can upload a map. I think a far better system would be to allow people to "upload" maps but it will have to first be sifted through by humans before storing, or at least remove the hashtag and see if it unique.

Also you should make it ordered alphabetically.

AvidTeeworlder wrote:

Definitely something that is needed! But what is more helpful quality or quantity? There are at least 10 different Aip-Gores maps uploaded, and just anyone can upload a map. I think a far better system would be to allow people to "upload" maps but first being sifted through by humans, or at least remove the hashtag and see if it unique.

Also you should make it ordered alphabetically.

I second that! smile

7 (edited by traitor 2013-08-09 01:45:12)

I like your projects and I think you are doing it properly, so you have recieved some good comments here.
Because just uploading maps is the base, but providing additional information and filtering by several parameters is the necessary thing.
http://teedb.comli.com has been mentioned, but they lack those features as well. Of course we do not need rivalry, but it could lead to creative competition as well.

Maintaining such a collections is a different thing, reviewing the maps, deleting redundant files (earlier versions or faulty ones). Perhaps this thread could serve as place for comments, corrected versions and such.
Looking forward to see progess in the future, hope you will find some time to bring this project forward!

This is my own humble attempt to collect and share maps for iCTF mode (external link), with screenshot and a short description.

nice thing. But i think you better limit maximum size of map to upload, for me not to use it like file hosting ^_^

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

9 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-25 11:51:47)

I tried to implement some stuff you mentioned here. Thanks for your ideas!

update ( 25.09 02:16 ) wink

- [feature] SCREENSHOTS! ( made with tw-maps-gen & php gd )
- [feature] search system
- [feature] show if screenshot is available
- [bugfix] uploadsize limit
- [bugfix] stringlenghts in mapnames ( on map page )
- [bugfix] packing maps every 30min works now

The "correct" page will be the same like the maps page, but on the correct page you can add an author to the map, upload a better screenshot or add a gametype.

update ( 25.09 11:53 ) wink
- [feature] Maps are now UNIQUE ( md5 code from every map is stored in mysql, if someone adds a new map, script checks if the map is already there. so we have now 1543 UNIQE maps !

Your changes are greatly appreciated! Accomplish in such a short time is really impressive.

11 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-25 13:32:41)

traitor wrote:

Your changes are greatly appreciated! Accomplish in such a short time is really impressive.

Thank you smile I'll try to finish the "correct" page as soon as possible wink

I hope there will be more maps soon wink

great work! can you make a function to remove _CRC from the name of the map?

I do not know wrote:

Thanks ! smile

In progress wink. The function just contains some bugs which must be fixed before bringing it online. Hopefully there will be another update tonight containing this function wink

Great and useful tool. smile Nothing more to say. wink

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

15 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-26 10:18:18)

I do not know wrote:

Done. The function is working and online now smile
All maps are now crc free and uploaded maps will automatically be cleaned. (NOTE: everything what's still looking like a crc is not the crc of the map)

I also have some updates for you wink

update ( 26.09 03:17 ) wink
- [feature] Map page now featuring gametype, creator
- [feature] Maps now crc cleaned !
- [feature] Changed 10sec reload to 5 sec reload of stats
- [bugfix] removed ".map" in search display

# New Screenshots, Cleaned maps: so we have now
1294 really UNIQUE maps and 920 SCREENSHOTS ( 71 % of the maps )

# known bugs
The screenshots seem to have some bugs. May the cause is the different filesize of the maps, so I must process bigger maps differently. The fix for that will come soon. Also the next aim is to create screenshots of 100% the maps we have online. There are still some errors in creating them.

update ( 26.09 03:26 ) wink
- [bugfix] fixed bug in search system ( link to map error )

More updates coming soon. hopefully someone will upload maps wink

# Short look on upcoming updates
there will be features to:
- correct data from maps ( gametype/creator ) !
- rate maps !
- comment on maps !

16 (edited by traitor 2012-09-26 15:49:11)

Your upcoming updates will make it perfect and the definite source (gametypes and comments)!
Looking forward how you want to protect those fields, but its definetely necessary to search by gametypes.

Oh and one more thing: perhaps you can add a field for teeworlds version? I guess some maps might be incompatible or produce visual errors in different game versions.

17 (edited by Zodiac 2012-09-26 16:18:18)

Still many duplicates. Try make it none case sensitive. I would even go as far as making it none punctuation sensitive. Otherwise it is turning into a really great map database for Teeworlds.

Just would like to re-iterate why don't you just order the maps alphabetically within each letter, really bugging me xD. Just add ORDER BY to the statement.

screenshots are not seen neither in russia nor using norvegian proxy sad

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

19 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-26 20:48:35)

traitor wrote:

Your upcoming updates will make it perfect and the definite source (gametypes and comments)!
Looking forward how you want to protect those fields, but its definetely necessary to search by gametypes.

Oh and one more thing: perhaps you can add a field for teeworlds version? I guess some maps might be incompatible or produce visual errors in different game versions.

Gametype Filters are coming wink comment and rate will hopefully come tonight.

I'll take a look if it's possible to sort them by different game versions wink

AvidTeeworlder wrote:

Still many duplicates. Try make it none case sensitive. I would even go as far as making it none punctuation sensitive. Otherwise it is turning into a really great map database for Teeworlds.

Just would like to re-iterate why don't you just order the maps alphabetically within each letter, really bugging me xD. Just add ORDER BY to the statement.

There are no duplicates. Every map uploaded is different in name and content. If the differences are just small there are some.

No wink . I read the map folder and doesn't use MySQL for showing the maps wink. It's not difficult to sort them alphabetically but it may cause some more loadtime wink I'll do it in the next update

D86leader wrote:

screenshots are not seen neither in russia nor using norvegian proxy sad

Try to use this direct link:
http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/screen.php?map=dm_1on1
Try to view this screenshot. If it's still failing what is displayed ?

You can upload now upload up to 3GB with a limit of 30 mins wink

thanks

Well, it looks a really cool and well-worked webpage
It needs some new stuff...
Screens are just awefull (CTF4_New Screenshot)
And what about an info table?

Exemple
Map Name: Super CTF map
.Map info: super_ctf.map
Creator: HeroiAmarelo
Upload date: 26/09/2012

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

22 (edited by traitor 2012-09-26 23:55:26)

More updates implemented already, are you working day and night? smile
Do you think your set quota is chosen reasonable? Well my problem was, when I tested it earlier the day, that I got timeout errors in my browser  and the following one: 413 Request Entity Too Large Error when I tried to upload  4 maps at a time (around 900kb). Some times it worked properly and some times I had to retry.
All in all a mediocre result.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

What is missing in this screenshots? These are generated automatically and show correct tiles, as far as I know.
Your example is perfect, "only" high details and game layer is missing. So good for a first impression.

i have well over 600 maps to contribute do you think i could send them direct to you

24 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-27 03:34:49)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Well, it looks a really cool and well-worked webpage
And what about an info table?

Exemple
Map Name: Super CTF map
.Map info: super_ctf.map
Creator: HeroiAmarelo
Upload date: 26/09/2012

Such a kind of Info Table is already existing, just the database is not filled with gametype and creators. And for me there is not a big difference in your "Map Name" and ".Map info" wink

I'll take your Idea of the "Upload Date" and implement it wink

traitor wrote:

More updates implemented already, are you working day and night? smile
Do you think your set quota is chosen reasonable? Well my problem was, when I tested it earlier the day, that I got timeout errors in my browser  and the following one: 413 Request Entity Too Large Error when I tried to upload  4 maps at a time (around 900kb). Some times it worked properly and some times I had to retry.
All in all a mediocre result.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

What is missing in this screenshots? These are generated automatically and show correct tiles, as far as I know.
Your example is perfect, "only" high details and game layer is missing. So good for a first impression.

You are right. They are generated with tw-maps-gen and put together with a PHP script.
Every layer of the map will be create a tile_$.png file. It's different from map to map and so i decided to put the lowest tile_$ and put the other ones on top of it. just the game layer I left there (Maybe I'll add a button for show/hide it ). So the screenshots are 100% representing the content of the map wink

I'm sorry that I had really forgotten to increase the limit of send files, maximum size of send data and execution time.  Now they are increased, so everyone won't have problems in uploading maps wink

Nope I worked on this "updates" nearly 3 - 4 hours in the evening wink

update 27.09 03:38

- [feature] better map view
- [feature] better filter view
- [feature] RATE System
- [bugfix] Upload limits

Gametype filters coming soon

Hope you enjoy it wink

There is a display bug under firefox 12.0, the whole site is shifted to the right and page needs to be scrolled.
It can be fixed by removing style="width: 840px;" from the root div.
Also gametype filter don't seem to work yet.

Nice work btw smile

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info