Topic: Server Suggestions

I'm making a teeworlds server. I'm new in this game so can anyone say to me what is the most played server type?
If anyone want i have a dedicated host to host a server.

Re: Server Suggestions

You should play around and find by yourself which gametype you like the most and you want to host. Asking in here may not be the right idea.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

3 (edited by traitor 2013-08-09 01:45:28)

Of course, Dune is right.
But here are some numbers to give you another idea: teeworlds statistics (external link)
Take a look at graphic number 3, where you can see: most popular modes are yet represented by way too much servers.... without any players!

traitor wrote:

Take a look at graphic number 3, where you can see: most popular modes are yet represented by way too much servers.... without any players!

That's exactly NOT what I call popular gametypes.
Again, make yourself an opinion of which gametype you like, looking over statistics won't tell you much - it's not like you were making money on them, and studying the market.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Oh well I see, that my words led to misunderstanding.
This was not meant as explanation how to recognise popular gametypes, but that my list shows gametypes with most players (and that is why there are even more servers available).
So I would say: provide a necessary gametype and according to this a variety of maps based on statistics, what is missing, which mode has not enough servers or just all the same maps and such...

Looking at these numbers, we can say that standard gametypes have way enough servers.
Mods in need of more servers would be DDRace and openfng.

Although i play openfng a lot and never run out of available servers.
What annoys me is ppl rarely willing to try new maps.

Nice work on the stats btw

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

TeecTac wrote:

What annoys me is ppl rarely willing to try new maps.

Yes that is something that makes me sad, disappointing to notice so many poeple stick to the same few maps all the day... Trying to change this with one iCTF event (a league played on 10 different maps), but so far I do not notice any difference.

Thank you, I was wondering about player distribution and started this.