1 (edited by dremy 2012-05-12 08:55:11)

Topic: A discussion about moderation

This thread is split from topic 5108. Original posts this post was a response to:

Mar 6 2010 21:29:31 UTC - Kottizen wrote:

I changed some things (read in the first post). Make sure that it doesn't look weird, if you are using it.

Apr 23 2011 17:52:32 UTC - Kottizen wrote:

Updated to support 0.6 servers. It will now work for both 0.5.* and 0.6.* servers.

Original post by dremy follows:
---------------------------------------

@Kottizen *emmm* you just double post if you wanted to say more things you can Edit the last post and wrote more things.
Edit:really sorry for offtopic
Love From:Dremy

User has been banned for this post // m!nus

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

2 (edited by Renekton 2012-05-12 10:43:17)

Re: A discussion about moderation

dremy wrote:

@Kottizen *emmm* you just double post if you wanted to say more things you can Edit the last post and wrote more things.
Edit:really sorry for offtopic
Love From:Dremy

I think Kottizen has full control over what he's doing, everyone does a double post sometime, additionally, bumping a topic for no reason is against the rules, was it really necessary to bump a 2-years old topic just to correct a Administrator?

- Proud member of Inspire!
  - I make my own gfx :>
    - Developing a zombiemap that's gon' b huuuge!

3 (edited by dremy 2012-05-12 12:57:40)

As i say he can edit the post and everyone will see that he edit it also he can do this:

He could write his post and then after years ago[like the post he wrote]he could edit it and write:EDIT1:[my post]
I think administratos must give the good example.

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

This thread wasn't touched for over a year, good job dremy. Whats about the pn function, or report? ...
Hope you won't dig further to find dead threads..

5 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:15:45)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

TeePhoenix wrote:

What the hell? He got banned for this!? Ok the administrators get crazy...

I have the same opinion. Probably the real reason is because dremy have destroyed the Karma system, and m!nus don't really like it.

m!nus wrote:
dremy wrote:

VOTE +1 IF YOU WANT THIS GO AWAY.

if not you are an idiot -_-

Why not make a poll then?

And calling people idiots just because they don't agree with you is not very nice. Would you like a ban?

And something that makes me think: dremy is right. Wen someone double posts mods like Kottizen go there and edit the topic. Now that everyone knows that Kottizen have double-posted, why does the double-post continues? Just because he's a admin? So, Kottizen can unfollow the forum rules (now the rules page is changed. You will die by spammin) just because he's Kottizen smile

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

7 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:15:39)

Deleted.

8 (edited by Dune 2012-05-13 15:20:05)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

And something that makes me think: dremy is right. Wen someone double posts mods like Kottizen go there and edit the topic. Now that everyone knows that Kottizen have double-posted, why does the double-post continues? Just because he's a admin? So, Kottizen can unfollow the forum rules (now the rules page is changed. You will die by spammin) just because he's Kottizen smile

What the hell is going on here? Dremy basically dig out a topic old as fuck where Kottizen did a double post (which was okay by the way, since it was an update) just for the pleasure of "insulting an administrator", and everyone is like "omg there's a consipracy"?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

The only thing i hope is that any admin will delete all posts from this post up to dremy's one.
reported.

Ok, let me clarify some things:
1. I am not going to delete posts from this topic (for now at least)
2. If anyone ever makes a double post in such a matter as Kottizen did in this topic a year ago, it is perfectly fine. The reason for double posting to be "forbidden" is that some people just post again when they want to amend something to their post. Amendments should be done by editing your post.
3. Dremy was banned because he purposely bumped this thread to correct someone. It doesn't even matter if it is an admin or not. Also, you might want to let the moderators do the "correcting", not 100% sure on that one though, make suggestions.

This being said, we're thinking about being stricter about the rules. Not for our own pleasure but to make the forum a cleaner and more helpful place.

11 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:15:33)

Deleted.

TeePhoenix wrote:

Ok, it is up to you to decide it, but keep in mind that a really clean forum is an empty one...

Imagine you have an office. The office has around ten workers that work there from 8 AM to 4 PM every day except Sundays. No one cares about cleaning anything up; they want to spend all of their time there on their respective tasks.

After a month, the office is a complete chaos. You can barely see anyone due to the amount of paper piles and paper coffee cups. What do you think they'd do? They'd clean the office. Cleaning it includes removing all coffee cups and organizing all papers.

Do they wipe away their desks and computers? Do they wipe away everything they need to work, everything that's essential for the office and the business there to continue as efficient as possible? Allow me to doubt that.

---

By maintaining a clean forum we don't intend to remove everything; only the content that's contra-productive and, to most people, useless.

---

Posting two or more posts with crucial information to the given topic has always been fine, as long as it's deemed to be of general interest and not unethical nor unreasonable.

13 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:15:11)

Deleted.

@TeePhoenix, why do you think that people prefer the Teeworlds-Friends Fan Site? ; )
http://s19.postimage.org/nx73rtk2b/coffee_and_ban.png

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

15 (edited by Dune 2012-05-14 12:36:52)

TeePhoenix wrote:

such little undesired stuff like dremy did in this case
[...]
moderator / administrator not just a cleaner that cleans everything undesired

Huh, you're quite minimizing it. It's not like it was his first time doing that. When someone in the office throw coffee at everything and do not understand he's "undesired", you tend to clean him as well, even if the final act which ended up getting him a ban alone does not justify the ban.

@HeroiAramelo: Correction: most of germans do. And the answer is: because it's in german.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

16 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:14:55)

Deleted.

17 (edited by Apmox 2012-05-14 18:30:09)

Just to clarify my opinion: this is an official forum and it's supposed to be clean, tidy and easy to search through. If somebody is against a rule and goes to search in the past if the person, that had made notice him, kind of broke it should talk to him before bumping that topic and be so arrogant. It's just a matter of maturity and respect.

EDIT: Deleted the offtopic related message.

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

18 (edited by Dune 2012-05-14 16:07:15)

Apmox wrote:

I am very sorry to say this, expecially to moderators/admins, but you're going a lot offtopic. Could you just continue this argue in another topic or just PM's?

Definitely not in PM. This is a public discussion, up to a moderator to move it if he wishes, but I agree it would be nice.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I think : two sever warnings , then third is ban, none of us is perfect.

20 (edited by yemDX 2012-05-21 20:02:07)

Broken wrote:

I think : two sever warnings , then third is ban, none of us is perfect.

Should be:

Grammar Police wrote:

I think there should be two severe warnings (this doesn't make sense?? a severe warning? they're all the same...), then the third is a ban. None of us are perfect.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

21 (edited by lamefun 2012-06-07 09:32:46)

Kottizen wrote:

By maintaining a clean forum we don't intend to remove everything; only the content that's contra-productive and, to most people, useless.

Give people power to remove posts and ban each other and it's ok.

lamefun wrote:
Kottizen wrote:

Give people power to remove posts and ban each other and it's ok.

User has been banned for this post.

Don't use the moderation color if you can distinguish easily between your and the moderator's comment. Thanks // heinrich5991