Topic: Teeworlds Wikipedia article cleanup required

Hello!

I noticed the English Wikipedia article about Teeworlds shows 3 warnings about issues with a lack of sources and no conforming to the game article guidelines.
If anyone of you with good English skills has time and wants to fix it, please do so. If you are not so sure about your English capabilities just ask someone to proof-read your changes.

And don't put advertising links to your YouTube channel in the article (the person who did should know)

So long,
m!nus

Re: Teeworlds Wikipedia article cleanup required

You mean,you want someone who will change some grammar mistakes from wikipedia?

If you want a perfect map for your own server you can PM me to make you one ^^

Please also try play nodes you may download it here!. And as always.Have a nice day

No, we need some smart guys who extend / correct the article to fix the 3 warnings

I thought the Race went official in 6.0 ?

- Proud member of Inspire!
  - I make my own gfx :>
    - Developing a zombiemap that's gon' b huuuge!

5 (edited by GBKing 2012-05-12 17:06:39)

Truly, the article at the moment lacks quality. I will have a look over it, but it is a little difficult to know where exactly they expect sources and citations.

EDIT:
I started to make some changes and I'll continue this evening.

6 (edited by Apmox 2012-05-13 13:16:46)

I think I can help asweel. I have searched through the forum for a while to enlarge my (*sigh*) outdated support topic, and I think I can find in here some dev and suppost staff's references, messages, informations, to give primary source to rely on that page. This way I can improve also the Italian page, if it's not a problem. And I have a little suggestion: we should write a short paragraph about the Teeworlds' history, since Teewars was released by matricks, when and why it changed his name (most of players wonder this), to the porting to github and the giving the code maintainment to Oy. I'll do my best and I think I can find help in the IRC with you guys wink

EDIT:

Flight wrote:

I thought the Race went official in 6.0 ?

Nope, as Landil said.

Landil wrote:

Race won't become official. It's been some time since since we discussed this issue. We cannot compete with the teerace team -  they did and do a great job.

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

7 (edited by GBKing 2012-05-14 00:56:25)

Someone edited the Wikipedia article after me, while I still wasn't finished. I do not have anything against it, but I would not say that it was largely improved. Donations, weapon damage and so on is not wanted in Wikipedia game articles, I threw it out and now it's in it again? I spent quite some time writing it and nobody suggested anything onto the talk page, somebody just changed it.

Well, just change it back. I don't have any experience in writing articles for wikipedia, but I might have a look at the page, too. I think the main propblem is that we need sources and citiations from outside of the teeworlds team.

9 (edited by GBKing 2012-05-14 17:55:01)

What do you mean with change it back, all the stuff I wrote is gone!

Go to View History, there you can see all changes.

I finished the cleanup. smile

GBKing wrote:

I finished the cleanup. smile

You removed worthy information about the weapons, especially about the rocket and the rocket jump which should really be mentioned imo.

I added the rocket jump to gameplay.
Generally, too detailed information about weapons in video game articles is not wanted by Wikipedia.

Too much weblinks in the development section, better work with references. No need to link to oy (imo), linking to the official repository shouldn't be done with the link name 'github', this one should point to the wiki article of github. (That's my opinion smile )

From wikipedia:
"Due to the Teeworlds open source nature, it is actively being developed by the whole community using Github[6] with the main developer known as Oy. Teeworlds is mainly programmed in the programming languages C and C++ and includes several scripts written in Perl."

several scripts written in Perl? Perl???? wtf?!??

Teeworlds source is written to 19.9% in Perl as shown on the Github graph:
https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds
If you want to, I can remove it.

GBKing wrote:

Teeworlds source is written to 19.9% in Perl as shown on the Github graph:
https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds
If you want to, I can remove it.

Perl isn't used anywhere to be specific. sad There are some scripts in Python and bash, but for sure none in Perl.

Alright, I removed Perl.