1 (edited by the 2012-12-08 02:10:45)

Topic: [MOD] TeeKing

Hello tees.
I want to present you a small mod TeeKing for teeworlds 0.6.1:

Description

One player is chosen to be a king. Only king can kill other players and get for this frags, but if the king was killed his killer will be a new king. Tee king is more powerful than other players, he shoots faster and has a multi jump. In addition, king has a different color of body, other tees is white.
   Objects do not appear on the map. All players can use rifle or grenade or rifle and grenade. Weapons works like they works in insta.
   For each murder player gets a one point (armor), after player collected ten point he becomes immortal for a few seconds - armor bar shows remaining time and color of his body shows that he is too dangerous for other tees.
   If king committed suicide or for some other reason tees don't have a King, every tee will become a king. But there can be only one! Or the number that you wrote in cfg-file (teeking_king_number).
   If you wrote a zero the LastKing mode will enable: all tees is starting as a kings, but they can only lose his crown. The last living king receives a prize.

I think that the mods with the same idea has already appeared, but i did not seeing they in current version of teeworlds.

More about gameplay (of old version of mode) in video by HeroiAmarelo

Server Variables
sv_gametype teeking

teeking_start_weaponts 1               - 0 for grenades, 1 for rifle, 2 for grenades and rifle
teeking_king_mj 8                      - max number of jumps for king, between 0 and 50, -1 for unlimit
teeking_king_fs 1500                   - firespeed, between 500 and 5000
teeking_tee_fs 1000                    - firespeed, between 500 and 5000

teeking_king_im 10                     - time of immortality for player, who collected a ten armor
teeking_king_number 1                  - number of kings, -1 for everybody, 0 for mode LastKing
teeking_lastking_prize 5               - prize for last king, only if teeking_king_number = 0
teeking_KingKillKing_prize 5           - prize for king, who killed a king, work only if number of King players =< teeking_king_number
Source

I changed:
src/game/server/player.h
src/game/server/player.cpp - color of players and new variables
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp - /info, /help and select gametype
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp - respawn of items and start weaponts
src/game/server/gamemodes/teeking.h
src/game/server/gamemodes/teeking.cpp - transform all players into kings and all king into regular tee
src/game/engine/shared/config_variables.h - config variables
src/game/server/entities/character.cpp - everything else

Downloads

I tried to write clear:
(new) Source + Linux x86 server + .cfg
(old) Source + Linux x86 server + Win32 server + .cfg
(old**2) Source + Linux x86 server + Win32 server

Thanks for some advice and compiling old version server for windows, KillaBilla.
If you find a bug, please, tell me.

I'm still working on grammar and punctuation in this post!

Re: [MOD] TeeKing

you make for win32 pls

3 (edited by KillaBilla 2012-05-10 19:43:46)

Before uploading the source you should run "bam -c all" to clear the generated stuff.
As you thought there already was a similar mod for v0.5: Tag mod by Tom94
I compiled the mod for Windows 32 Bit: https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … _win32.zip
While compiling I get the warning C4530 (Visual C++ 2009), you can fix it by removing the include of fstream (in teeking.cpp) which is unnecessary.

4 (edited by HUNbalint 2012-05-10 20:06:37)

thank you killabilla

Big update for such a small mod!
Main changes of gameplay you can find in top post.
In addition, in new version:
- color of kings more various
- grenade become more like grenade from Insta
- grenade explosion deal a double changes of other tee velocity
- new king and empty armor bar every round

Lenslow made a map for this mode and started a server. TeeKing is going to have a fan!)

My video is already outdated?!
Well... good for you sad but tnks 4 let standing the video link smile

And plz, can you explain this command better? smile

teeking_KingKillKing_prize 5
Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

7 (edited by Lenslow 2012-05-12 22:05:08)

thanks for announce my map and server big_smile
my question is: do u will make the team based Teeking that i told u?

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

My video is already outdated?!
Well... good for you sad but tnks 4 let standing the video link smile

And plz, can you explain this command better? smile

I'm not sure, but i bet its the amount of points that u get when u killed the King wink

MFG Lenslow :3

Lenslow wrote:

my question is: do u will make the team based Teeking that i told u?

I don't know. When i was waking up three days ago, I didn't know, that i'm going to make a mod. But it's happen. So I'm really don't know, what will happen tomorrow. But I am not writing now.
Another problem is that is question: "it will be really interesting mode?"
Now, number of players is equal number of servers. Because of this nobody plays in many good mods. People prefer to play in one mode on one map (terrible).
So, if you believe that your idea is a nice idea, mb you try to write it? It is an honor for yourself to writing in teeworlds. For example, sometimes tee says to another tee: "Good job, nice bot!" smile

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

And plz, can you explain this command better?

It works a bit strange. Assume that teeking_king_number = 3 and number of players = 10. In the early rounds all players become kings, than some kings die, and when number of players who is a kings becomes equal teeking_king_number, each king is starting to get additional frags for killing other kings. Number of additional frags = teeking_KingKillKing_prize. yikes

i really wanna do my own mod .. but i don't know how :s
yesterday i started to watch some c++ tutorials on youtube, and that was easy ...
so i opend the teeworlds source and thought "what the hell is this o.O"
if u wanna help me, and teach me how to make a teeworlds mod i will do it big_smile

If you want to learn programming, buy a good c++ book and start reading...
Btw: Reading and writing a language is something really different. Maybe you can read some simple scripts yet, but you are for sure not able to write them (on your own)!
PS: Offtopic!

Lenslow wrote:

so i opend the teeworlds source and thought "what the hell is this o.O"

All you need you can find in my source: see the updated top post, I wrote out all necessary files.
Although, maybe you prepared something special for king? I'd have made him without weapons and maybe immobile for team of owners of King would change frequently.

12 (edited by Lenslow 2012-05-13 13:28:27)

thank you ^^
that "special king" sounds good ^^

EDIT: i dont get it .-. xD

13 (edited by Broken 2012-11-27 14:33:55)

We found a pretty serious bug in this mod. If you die (from falling) while being invincible you keep invincible forever, even after dying or even spectating.

Fixed it!

15 (edited by 2013-03-28 16:06:32)

it's a very good mod! but i want more commands for admin: giving invisiblity, immortality, giving king and score. make it please :3. thnx

sorry for my english...

16 (edited by Kirbs 2013-03-29 02:19:25)

... Odd. I seem to remember another mod named Teeking, and I played that a lot. It was also for 6.1. I think this is the same mod, but still...

Keep up the awesome work!

no