26

Re: Ask the dev!

sorry, what means "dyncam"? im not verry good in writing english.

mushoku-no

27

Re: Ask the dev!

dynamic camera
The possibility, to change the position of your ingame view, otherwise it is always the tee as center.

28

Re: Ask the dev!

Hmm... Will there Be any new Skins (Even if the "New Skin System is There" ) Like any New Tattoos or Actual Shapes of The Tee that Will be Added in the Next Version For the "New Skin System"? Just Wondering, Sry.

Teeworlds pro from teewars era

29

Re: Ask the dev!

New Skins would be great !
what about analyzing server data to find out which of the standard skins is used most often and replace the three ones, which are used least of all, with e.g Zatlines Tiger.
Or just adding up to 3 new skins without removing old ones? ^^

Make Zat's tiger official ! big_smile

30

Re: Ask the dev!

About the Skin System:
Can users keep creating skins? (Onces that the format will be .skn and not .png)
Can the .skn be opened like a .zip and .rar are?

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

31

Re: Ask the dev!

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

About the Skin System:
Can users keep creating skins? (Onces that the format will be .skn and not .png)
Can the .skn be opened like a .zip and .rar are?

Im not a developer but:
*.skn will probably just contain which tattoo, body, etc is used for the skin and not the png itself
So u have different .png files for your body, tattoo, etc , which u can create urself. U create a skin by choosing the different parts in teeworlds and this will be saved as *.skn

32

Re: Ask the dev!

BeaR wrote:
HeroiAmarelo wrote:

About the Skin System:
Can users keep creating skins? (Onces that the format will be .skn and not .png)
Can the .skn be opened like a .zip and .rar are?

Im not a developer but:
*.skn will probably just contain which tattoo, body, etc is used for the skin and not the png itself
So u have different .png files for your body, tattoo, etc , which u can create urself. U create a skin by choosing the different parts in teeworlds and this will be saved as *.skn

that's it

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

33

Re: Ask the dev!

Will teeworlds remain free and open source? *big cute kitteh eyes*

Work on your dreams like Oy works on teeworlds

34 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:48:41)

Re: Ask the dev!

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

35

Re: Ask the dev!

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Will teeworlds remain free and open source? *big cute kitteh eyes*

Remain free, yes. But the graphics' license will change with 0.7 to cc nc-by-sa

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

36 (edited by Zatline 2012-02-27 21:59:38)

Re: Ask the dev!

Landil wrote:

Remain free, yes. But the graphics' license will change with 0.7 to cc nc-by-sa

Yeah, that's it... 
CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 - Creative Commons

37

Re: Ask the dev!

I'm not sure which cc version I will use smile

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

38

Re: Ask the dev!

Landil wrote:

Remain free, yes. But the graphics' license will change with 0.7 to cc nc-by-sa

So it moves away from the current BSD like license to a more restricted one?
That step would make TW (that does not work without graphics for sure) more complicated and incompatible to be distributed with linux-distros (e.g. distros that keep an eye on that like Fedora or Debian -> http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Version_3#Debian.)

Does that even mean you would repaint all graphics at this step to make them different to current one (because the current TW-license already give everybody the right to reuse it's graphics without the restriction that cc nc-by-sa would bring): https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … 682#p80682 - So how should a "free-tee" taken from the current version be differed from a "free-only-for-nc-tee" in future if they all look the same?


Greetings,
Mo(2)

39

Re: Ask the dev!

Landil, when released new version of the nodes?

I love teeworlds and minecraft.

40

Re: Ask the dev!

The current Nodes Dev is Mo2 and Landil is currently offline
http://landil.posterous.com/hdd-crash

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

41

Re: Ask the dev!

what means "user karma" in teeworlds forum?

I love teeworlds and minecraft.

42 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2012-04-15 10:37:28)

Re: Ask the dev!

What is karma?

Landil wrote:

For everyhttp://www.teeworlds.com/forum/extensions/pun_karma/icons/thumbs_up.gif you get, you will get +1 karma. For every http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/extensions/pun_karma/icons/thumbs_down.gif you will get -1 karma.

The karma don't have anny importance on the forum.
It's just a stupid idea that the mods and admins got to replace the older voting system that is broken
No one like the Karma system, some people have a really bad karma and that is unconformable (Like you, Nitro, unl!m!t€d, HUNbalint, etc.)

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

43

Re: Ask the dev!

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

What is karma?

Landil wrote:

For everyhttp://www.teeworlds.com/forum/extensions/pun_karma/icons/thumbs_up.gif you get, you will get +1 karma. For every http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/extensions/pun_karma/icons/thumbs_down.gif you will get -1 karma.

The karma don't have anny importance on the forum.
It's just a stupid idea that the mods and admins got to replace the older voting system that is broken
No one like the Karma system, some people have a really bad karma and that is unconformable (Like you, Nitro, unl!m!t€d, HUNbalint, etc.)

If I were you, I'd take it as a chance for a new beginning, instead of hating on it... if you know what I mean. Anyways I'm surprised 0.7 is being pushed on so fast. My only question is, will there be a compatibility brake down again, like in the 0.5-0.6 process? a.k.a will 0.6 servers be visible for the 0.7 clients? And will maps be in need of remapping?

44

Re: Ask the dev!

Hip-Hop_Blond wrote:

My only question is, will there be a compatibility brake down again, like in the 0.5-0.6 process? a.k.a will 0.6 servers be visible for the 0.7 clients? And will maps be in need of remapping?

You can determine when compatibility is broken simply with the version number. Minor updates (third digit) do not break it, and major updates do.
As far as map compatibility is concerned, the default answer would be no, unless they make any rework on the map system (what is not impossible, but has not been done yet).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

45 (edited by BotoX 2012-04-16 22:56:12)

Re: Ask the dev!

Chicken or the egg?

Development stuck again? Github isn't very active recently.
Or is 0.7 on it's way?

46

Re: Ask the dev!

BotoX wrote:

Chicken or the egg?

Development stuck again? Github isn't very active recently.
Or is 0.7 on it's way?

We all waiting for Landil, he lost many important files after his HDD crash... after crash he wasn't online anymore.

So we could say developing stucks again! sad
Let's hope the best!

47

Re: Ask the dev!

Last commit was 2 months ago... sad


P.S. Chicken,definitely

Work on your dreams like Oy works on teeworlds

48

Re: Ask the dev!

Oh is that why Landil's not online anymore? sad Aww that sucks, Dune's hard drive failed not so long ago as well, he also lost important progress for the gamer. (we all hated that moment big_smile) Lately I see a lot of hard drives failing without any particular reason. (well maybe not taking care of them could be a reason) I even was asked from a colleague of mine to replace the hard drive on her laptop. I'm not trying to advertise or something, but ppl just don't learn... If it's a hard drive it's gotta be Western Digital! :myworkhereisdone:

49

Re: Ask the dev!

Hip-Hop_Blond wrote:

Oh is that why Landil's not online anymore? sad Aww that sucks, Dune's hard drive failed not so long ago as well, he also lost important progress for the gamer. (we all hated that moment big_smile) Lately I see a lot of hard drives failing without any particular reason. (well maybe not taking care of them could be a reason) I even was asked from a colleague of mine to replace the hard drive on her laptop. I'm not trying to advertise or something, but ppl just don't learn... If it's a hard drive it's gotta be Western Digital! :myworkhereisdone:

Just do backups. smile All hard drives will fail sooner or later.

50

Re: Ask the dev!

heinrich5991 wrote:

Just do backups. smile All hard drives will fail sooner or later.

Yesh you're correct about the backups :3 but WD hdd's come with a 5 year warranty tongue. Not so long ago I saw a video about CD's that will last 100 years O_O however I stop being offtopic... now! :р