1

Topic: Ask the dev!

I constantly get some questions by mail/private message/query. Because some of the questions are repeatedly asked and I do not want to answer them over and over again here a four questions I got today.

If you have any other question don't hesitate to ask them HERE!

a community member wrote:

(...) i wanted to ask u:
1. will there ever be an account system for teeworlds?
2. will the new skin system be like in your video on vimeo.com?
3. will be changed the gameplay in the new version?
4 dyn-cam will be forever in teeworlds right? i heard so much that i will be deleted ..
(...)

1. Probably not in the near future
2. Similar to the one you can see there
3. There might be some small adjustments, but nothing big. We are thinking about tweaking game play with 0.8.0
4. There are not any changes planned in regard to the dyn-cam. As ~50% of the players use dyncam there is not a reason to delete it anyways.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

2

Re: Ask the dev!

First question!(maybe not a question but a request) can some dev put a download link of teepop?(if you still have it) I would like to see how it is!
note: I know it doesn't evolved to teewars and the teewars to teeworlds
for further reference go here: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7456

Teecrusaders clan
Teenews!
Leefy's blog! Never give up! on the way of becoming a programer! wink

3

Re: Ask the dev!

I asked matricks and the source code can be found here: http://matricks.se/teepop_src.tgz

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

4 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2012-02-08 13:50:24)

Re: Ask the dev!

Leefy wrote:

First question!(maybe not a question but a request) can some dev put a download link of teepop?(if you still have it) I would like to see how it is!
note: I know it doesn't evolved to teewars and the teewars to teeworlds
for further reference go here: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7456

I tried once to find teepop but it ended in failure.
And that information you referenced was:

matricks wrote:

...highly inaccurate.

Anyways here you go: A Hyperlinky (:

From the archived pages I've managed to download one of the oldest versions of teewars. (0.2.2 ; 0.2.1 and 0.2.0)
If you want any version of teeworlds from 0.2.3 to 0.6.1 download from the French teeworlds site.

If you want 0.2.2;0.2.1 or 0.2.0 download it from the archived pages or some other archived page. (Really they are working downloads except for 0.1.1 ; 0.1.0 and demo)

If you want 0.1.1 ; 0.1.0 or the demo you will have to ask m!nus as to where the fuck did the trac go?

Edit:// 0.1.1 download from here.

Work on your dreams like Oy works on teeworlds

5

Re: Ask the dev!

DARK HUNTER wrote:
Leefy wrote:

First question!(maybe not a question but a request) can some dev put a download link of teepop?(if you still have it) I would like to see how it is!
note: I know it doesn't evolved to teewars and the teewars to teeworlds
for further reference go here: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7456

I tried once to find teepop but it ended in failure.
And that information you referenced was:

matricks wrote:

...highly inaccurate.

I know that and I know where to get the 0.2.3 0.1.1....etc you can look at here but thanks anyway. smile wink

Landil wrote:

I asked matricks and the source code can be found here: http://matricks.se/teepop_src.tgz

thanks but can it be opened in windows? smile

Teecrusaders clan
Teenews!
Leefy's blog! Never give up! on the way of becoming a programer! wink

6

Re: Ask the dev!

Are there any new gametypes planned for 0.7.0 like race survival or something new fancy ? Any new maps for the existing gametypes ctf/tdm / dm ? 

Can you say something about powerups since the devs have collected some ideas/hints for new ones ? .

best regards

exalkun

7

Re: Ask the dev!

Leefy wrote:

thanks but can it be opened in windows? smile

I Have the same question. I can't compile it on the same way that I compile teeworlds!
But for how knows:

Readme wrote:

Do build it just compress it and run the .bat/.sh file under the
wrk directory.

Windows Note! Remember that you must have cl.exe (MSVC++ compiler) in your path
when compiling. There should be a link to a MSVC Command Line under your start
menu that sets alot of settings so you can compile this. MSVC 2002 does not like
this code. You must use 2003.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

8

Re: Ask the dev!

exalkun wrote:

Are there any new gametypes planned for 0.7.0 like race survival or something new fancy ? Any new maps for the existing gametypes ctf/tdm / dm ? 

Can you say something about powerups since the devs have collected some ideas/hints for new ones ? .

best regards

exalkun

1. New game type? Not sure yet. We will see what happens in the next few week. But race won't become official.
2. There might be some new maps. Chilly told me he is in the mood to map.
3. No new power-ups in 0.7. We will think about (minor and major) game play changes in 0.8.

@Leefy and Heroi: Please discuss compiling problems in another thread!

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

9

Re: Ask the dev!

I know that the topic is closed from "Any ideas for new power-ups"
but please add this:
that you can type in the server Or teeworlds batch program

Please! much games has that, it's just like f1 in teeworlds but then in the batch program of teeworlds (that black window)

The server is verry imported !!!!! Just Admin commands but then in the server
If you dont know what I'm talking about then you are a noob but it's REALLY! f*cking usefull!

Here is one picture:
http://www.2shared.com/photo/C-MxRuTk/sv_map.html
(if link is dead, here is another one:) http://www.2shared.com/photo/qb25C41g/sv_map.html

I dont understand how to add a Image so I used a upload site, Sorry for that
I HOPE I AM NOT TO LATE! JUST ADD THIS IT'S 100% USEFULL!

10

Re: Ask the dev!

harmen wrote:

(...)If you dont know what I'm talking about then you are a noob but it's REALLY! f*cking usefull(...)

1. There is no question
2. You already got it, this is not the "features wanted thread"
3. It looks like I am a noob then (see quote)

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

11

Re: Ask the dev!

The devs dont get paid to code teeworlds. So my question is: What is your primary motivation to keep coding? big_smile

Work on your dreams like Oy works on teeworlds

12

Re: Ask the dev!

DARK HUNTER wrote:

The devs dont get paid to code teeworlds. So my question is: What is your primary motivation to keep coding? big_smile

I can only speak for myself: I am not coding anything wink

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

13

Re: Ask the dev!

DARK HUNTER wrote:

The devs dont get paid to code teeworlds. So my question is: What is your primary motivation to keep coding? big_smile

I think it's just a matter of being proud to have created a videogame played by *overninethousand* people and keeping it updated, "populated", awesome and worth to play.

» Albert Einsteein: I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.

14

Re: Ask the dev!

DARK HUNTER wrote:

The devs dont get paid to code teeworlds. So my question is: What is your primary motivation to keep coding? big_smile

It's distracting, relaxing for some people.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

15

Re: Ask the dev!

Landil wrote:
DARK HUNTER wrote:

The devs dont get paid to code teeworlds. So my question is: What is your primary motivation to keep coding? big_smile

I can only speak for myself: I am not coding anything wink

Yes your the graphic developer. So what motivates and ispires you to draw?

Work on your dreams like Oy works on teeworlds

16

Re: Ask the dev!

DARK HUNTER wrote:
Landil wrote:
DARK HUNTER wrote:

The devs dont get paid to code teeworlds. So my question is: What is your primary motivation to keep coding? big_smile

I can only speak for myself: I am not coding anything wink

Yes your the graphic developer. So what motivates and ispires you to draw?

First I just had the motivation to improve my graphical skills and to create a new tileset for the official version (there were only 2-3 tilesets in the old days). Then I got stuck and now I love working together in an international community. Though sometimes it is hard, because drawing graphics strictly in official style is not always fun. Then I have to do anything else until the passion comes back. wink

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

17

Re: Ask the dev!

Why do you always tell me to ask ch11 'bout the maps when he's permanently absent?

18

Re: Ask the dev!

Theolol wrote:

Why do you always tell me to ask ch11 'bout the maps when he's permanently absent?

Because he is the one who is responsible for map development.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

19

Re: Ask the dev!

Theolol wrote:

Why do you always tell me to ask ch11 'bout the maps when he's permanently absent?

I'd say permanently absent is a stretch. I'm in touch with the other devs and get updated when new maps are needed etc.. It's just that I'm usually too busy to hang around in the forums nowadays wink

Official Teeworlds map developer and community moderator
Administrator for the Teeworlds community Teesites

20

Re: Ask the dev!

Landil wrote:

1. New game type? Not sure yet. We will see what happens in the next few week. But race won't become official.

To 1. In the topic "Ideas for the next version" you listed the suggestions of race as official game type as approved. What is right now?

2. In the same topic you said that ramps and curves will be added sometime. Are there still plans about it? In my opinion this would be awesome, although iam mostly sceptic towards changes.

3. Do you think of a final version? Means 1.0. What do you want it to contain?

21

Re: Ask the dev!

1. Race won't become official. It's been some time since since we discussed this issue. We cannot compete with the teerace team -  they did and do a great job.
2. Ramps and curves MIGHT be added sometime. We are still thinking about it. 0.8 is supposed to have some game play changes and curves and ramps will be discussed then. But we have not decided yet!
3. No.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

22

Re: Ask the dev!

Landil wrote:

1. Race won't become official. It's been some time since since we discussed this issue. We cannot compete with the teerace team -  they did and do a great job.
2. Ramps and curves MIGHT be added sometime. We are still thinking about it. 0.8 is supposed to have some game play changes and curves and ramps will be discussed then. But we have not decided yet!
3. No.

Thanks. I came here to fastly add a important question i forgot, but you already answered smile.
I wanted to know were i can look up the game mechanics, how it works. I mean things like acceleration, bulletspeed, lowest unit (to go), range of hook and weapons, effects of hook, hammer, etc. and things like that. I think you know what i mean. For some other popular games you can find those information on fansites or wikis. Iam sad that i have no clue about gamefiles or coding, so i cannot search them myself.

I Look forward to ramps and curves smile.

23

Re: Ask the dev!

Arrob wrote:
Landil wrote:

1. Race won't become official. It's been some time since since we discussed this issue. We cannot compete with the teerace team -  they did and do a great job.
2. Ramps and curves MIGHT be added sometime. We are still thinking about it. 0.8 is supposed to have some game play changes and curves and ramps will be discussed then. But we have not decided yet!
3. No.

Thanks. I came here to fastly add a important question i forgot, but you already answered smile.
I wanted to know were i can look up the game mechanics, how it works. I mean things like acceleration, bulletspeed, lowest unit (to go), range of hook and weapons, effects of hook, hammer, etc. and things like that. I think you know what i mean. For some other popular games you can find those information on fansites or wikis. Iam sad that i have no clue about gamefiles or coding, so i cannot search them myself.

I Look forward to ramps and curves smile.

A tee wiki is urgently needed. :-/

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

24

Re: Ask the dev!

There is a german TeeWiki, but it is indeed a shame that there is no english one.

25

Re: Ask the dev!

I've seen the german one (iam german too). But i mean those specific information, as I said. Like which is the smallest unit in Teeworlds (you can walk), how many of them is one tile. How fast are Shotgun bullets, how far do they go? There you can find mostly general information, very useful for new players, but i think i now most things you can find there. If you can tell me how to find out myself, i will try it.