1,351 (edited by android272 2013-11-03 10:09:41)

Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

I do not know if grenades have been suggested or not but if you add the right arm you could easily add throwing grenades. I do not know how this would be done control wise but its an option. It would be easy to modify the grenade launcher and just take away the gun/thud sound.

Grenade

The hook shot also looks nice in the other hand.

PunBB bbcode test

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Would be a huge improvement.

I'm not sure if you have considered that yet: when you turn around, at the highest point, when switching sides, it will probably look weird.

1,354 (edited by android272 2013-11-04 05:26:29)

Yes this might seem a bit weird but its kinda expected in gaming by now. This is the way it is in so many gamea a. Meatle slug 1,2,3,4,5... Metroid, and many many others. Here is a good game to see the this in action. http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/madness. Plius its the currently how the game functions. Point your gun at 90 and 91 degrees and the gun just flips to the other side.

If you really want the tees to look like they are turning around instead of just flipping I could make something to show how that would look. But this would be a split second animation that might not even be seen.

Now does not this look silly for a split second of an animation? Teeworlds is so fast pace that this animation would have to happen in only ~0.01 seconds that the user may not notice or even see it.

PunBB bbcode test

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

I think Korean translation is needed (in case if there is korean players who is bad or doesn't know English)

I like the suggestion on vanilla that we could pass the flag without dying, that would be a great opportunity for noobs. Such a good tactics specially for dying attackers.

My in-game nick: Gumby

Ry Tee try flagball mod.

1,358 (edited by Emporio 2013-11-14 14:30:00)

Sure, with you? I'll be able tomorrow or soon.

My in-game nick: Gumby

1,359 (edited by Pathos 2013-11-06 23:33:11)

IRC integration into the game (main menu/server selection screen) as general chat in the community (with channels?)

Brightness/contrast adjustable options in settings

Why is word censoring declined? Why not have an option for it? Text files for word censors could be edited by the user. The game's graphics attracts a lot of young audiences and I'd certainly want some censoring in three or more languages for the youths around me. There are many teenagers that are (shall I say) culturally bound to be emotional and we are all aware of this gaming culture alongside trash talk.

JinAndJuice wrote:

Why is word censoring declined? Why not have an option for it? Text files for word censors could be edited by the user. The game's graphics attracts a lot of young audiences and I'd certainly want some censoring in three or more languages for the youths around me. There are many teenagers that are (shall I say) culturally bound to be emotional and we are all aware of this gaming culture alongside trash talk.

this has been discussed several times.
there are words which will cause some problems e.g. slut means end in Swedish
and as far as I can remember the developers decided this because of several reasons which I unfortunately forgot because it was done several years ago.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

JinAndJuice wrote:

Brightness/contrast adjustable options in settings

That shouldn't be done in software (like it's done in a lot of games), just tune the settings on your monitor. This can even be done from software (should work for most monitors) using DDC/CI. On Linux you can for example script it (for example before starting teeworlds) with ddccontrol. I've been using that for a while: https://blog.mnus.de/2013/02/monitor-br … e-desktop/

1,362 (edited by Pathos 2013-11-07 15:40:16)

re Landil: Without mentioning that I implied selecting languages that are familiar with the user by saying three or more languages, it would be similar to a current system where you pick a flag that represents your country but instead derived from picking few languages that you know (of course, the method can be revised). If this was discussed so many times and assuming that other game communities/devs went through the same discussion many times, why do other games have the option for it? Having a feature as an option does not hurt the game at all (yep, this cliche again).

re m!nus: It shouldn't be done in software? Plenty of games provide this option. Plus, custom contrast/brightness templates to choose from would be incredibly helpful, as Teeworlds tend to get color-happy with different maps/mods, for example leoinker's maps have (purposefully) high contrast between the background and the sprite tiles, but high contrast means that you're discouraging a certain population to play that map/mod.

When putting an option to adjust brightness/contrast into a software you agree that your default settings are bad.
Teeworlds is perfect, you dont need to adjust it. If you do, your monitor settings are wrong.

1,364 (edited by Pathos 2013-11-07 18:38:48)

Slayer *gV* wrote:

When putting an option to adjust brightness/contrast into a software you agree that your default settings are bad.
Teeworlds is perfect, you dont need to adjust it. If you do, your monitor settings are wrong.

I cannot begin to express my frustration with said statement. You won't get an agreement from anyone else that Teeworlds is perfect.

First, my monitor settings are neither wrong nor right; I adjust them because different software (games) provide the options to adjust them; I didn't even ask for an option to adjust gamma.

Second, as I have mentioned from my previous reply, Teeworlds tend to get color-happy with different maps/mods.

Third, this option is available because not everyone has the same eyes; crudely put, some have disability.

I'm also conjuring some imagination here, but there are quite the number of players from third world countries. This means that some may not have the ability to change the brightness and whatnot via their monitors (vis-a-vis functions/features).

With all respect, support staff ought to be more prudent with reasoning. Calling Teeworlds perfect is just incredible.

@JinAndJuice: maybe irony about "Teeworlds being perfect" ? wink

Need a tool to manage your servers? teeman
<3

To be honest: teeworlds is nearly perfect! I have not played a game more than this one in my whole life.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Same here.
But updates would be nice anyways. ):

I dream (since it wont ever happen) to the day when I'll see Teeworlds being sold on gameshops, so everyone can know about it.

Too bad Teeworlds' style is not appealing to everyone.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Heyooo

This is probably difficult to code for something that would add so little cause our communities soo small but...

integration with Quake chat servers?

or make a global chatroom thing where you can host your own chatroom so you can use it to find ddrace partners, capgames and stuff. Going in and out servers trying to organize capgames sucks.

1,369 (edited by 2013-11-17 12:47:42)

Yeah a global public chat!
I don't even follow the crappy chat spam of my 15 server mates, unthinkable how it will end with 500 spammers! yikes

Landil wrote:

To be honest: teeworlds is nearly perfect! I have not played a game more than this one in my whole life.

You are wrong. I was very sarcastic when I said that Teeworlds is perfect.
A Suggestion thread with over 1300 posts proves, that here is still much work to be done.

And again I want to suggest:
3 Steps to get Teeworlds back to life again:
Step 1: More spectator slots for watching and CASTING games
Step 2: Find casters to cast games
Step 3: Organize games that are WORTH CASTING (y u no official vanilla tournament?)

Don't underestimate the huge marketing power of casters. They spread the word of teeworlds widely!

Slayer *gV* wrote:

And again I want to suggest:
3 Steps to get Teeworlds back to life again:
Step 1: More spectator slots for watching and CASTING games
Step 2: Find casters to cast games
Step 3: Organize games that are WORTH CASTING (y u no official vanilla tournament?)

Concerning 1.: If you have tons of clients on a game server it might not run well enough for the players. It's better to just have a relay server, like HLTV, that just relays the game traffic.
2.: Casters have nothing to do with the game itself, I'd say.

Teeworlds lacks of competitive tournaments. And I am not blaming our devs to miss that point, surely our community could realize that too.

But in our days many players need some awards/achievements, something to train and fight for.
And if the community can not organize such a tournament itself, plus if the devs don't bother either, the competitive scene will die out.

-> Monthly tournaments (special official server with logging (wins or with registered players 1vs1 chart)
-> Publishing the results (in-game browser addon and/or on teeworlds.com)

Caster on the other hand are a powerful promotion for a game. They have their own platforms (or use existing like YouTube whatever) and spread the game amongst their community.
But: No tournament, no cast, no advertisement, no players, no competition, no teeworlds.

Yeah it Woudl be Really Nice some official tournaments with maby an official teeworlds youtube Channel Wehre all the Games can be watched and if there Woudl be a official youtube Channels the Community can like and sub it and the Videos make the game fame! Teeworlds is such an Epic game and i Woudl be so happy if more People can play it and Fight in official Matches. And everybody Knows who is the best teeworlds Player.And a SinglePlayer Woudl be Nice. Some Short fly Parts like in Race and Fight vs Bots and Finish Levels. Maby with a Little Story and Short Movies like Super Mario bros. Sorry for my Bad english.

#yemDX is a known troll!
but onbgy is the biggest troll
and deen always trolls, he just makes it so perfect that u think hes not

1,373 (edited by Vachik 2013-11-20 05:33:18)

Step 1: level of experience of the player

Step 2: Information on the player

Step 3: In a clan the leader of a clan at whom has to be level 5, can invite only

Step 4: to get experience from murder
it would be healthy,

1,374 (edited by android272 2013-11-20 11:40:54)

A juggernaut game style. At the start of the game a player is randomly selected to be the juggernaut. The juggernaut is a ninja with infinite time/slashes (what everever makes the ninja power go away.) Killing the ninja will make you the ninja. The player who has been the ninja the longest after 2 minuts wins the round.

Be able to join a server from de browser.. (Just by clicking a link and the game opens and joins the server.)
Like Build and Shoot can.

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway