1 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2019-01-16 15:25:04)

Topic: Teeworlds Tournaments #2

https://i.imgur.com/81BNEJ0.png

The second tournament will be an 2vs2 Team-Deathmatch - Tournament, taking place on 19th june 2014, 7 P.M (CEST)!
You will fight several 2vs2 rounds in single elimination mode.
Final and Semi-Finals will be best of 5, while all other matches will be best of 3.
The played maps can vary. The first is chosen randomly. The loser of the first round picks the second map, the loser of the second round the third map etc.
The scorelimit is set to 30 points without a timelimit. The respawn delay is decreased to 2 (default: 3).

How to sign up:
The participations will be managed via Challonge. You have to register there and form teams.
You can sign up your team for this tournament here until 18th june 2014!
Feel free to join the tournament with a team mate. Altough there is no fee to sign up, we want to encourage each participant (or sponsor) to donate some money. It will be taken 1:1 as prize money!*

Do not hesitate and grab your slot, as the number of participating teams is limited to 32 teams!
When all slots are taken, you can still keep signin up. You will be put on a waiting list and in case that a team cancels, you will be moved to the slot.

If you need more players or a team, then you might consider using this thread:
[Teeworlds Tournaments] Player exchange market

Where will the fights take place?:
The matches will take place on several servers, sponsored by Sushi, ghost and DDraceNetwork.
IPs:

• Teeworlds Tournaments FRA #1 : 94.23.228.64:8400 (hosted by Sushi)

• Teeworlds Tournaments FRA #2 : 94.23.228.64:8401 (hosted by Sushi)

• Teeworlds Tournaments FRA #3 : 94.23.228.64:8402 (hosted by Sushi)

• Teeworlds Tournaments FRA #4 : 94.23.228.64:8403 (hosted by Sushi)

• Teeworlds Tournaments GER #1 : 84.200.248.153:8304 (hosted by ghost)

• Teeworlds Tournaments GER #2 : 84.200.248.153:8305 (hosted by ghost)

• Teeworlds Tournaments GER #3 : 84.200.248.153:8306 (hosted by ghost)

• Teeworlds Tournaments USA #1 : 74.91.114.132:8401 (hosted by DDraceNetwork)

• Teeworlds Tournaments USA #2 : 74.91.114.132:8402 (hosted by DDraceNetwork)

• Teeworlds Tournaments RUS #1 : 151.248.116.14:8401 (hosted by DDraceNetwork)

• Teeworlds Tournaments RUS #2 : 151.248.116.14:8402 (hosted by DDraceNetwork)

We run modified servers to give you a unique livestream experience. There are some differences to vanilla servers:
    - Reserved Slots were added to guarantee free slots for participants and the tournament-staff.
    - Spectators are prohibited to use the public chat to avoid cheating.
    - (NEW) The command "change_map_random" will randomly pick the first map.
    - We prepared a client for streamers who share the stream with a broader audience.
       They can zoom out for improved streaming experience!
    - In addition, our servers will send health- and armor information.

Rules:

1. The first team reaching the scorelimit of 30 will win the round.

2. To guarantee a maximum live-stream performance, all team-owner have to join our IRC:
    irc.quakenet.org, channel: #TeeworldsTournaments.

3. Your IRC Nickname has to be equal to the nickname in your challonge-team.

4. If your team-owner is not in IRC and/or does not react for 10 minutes after your teams match started, your team will get deff-loss and your opponent team wins.

5. !!!  If the team-owner does not join IRC until 18:45 CEST, his team will be replaced by a team on the waiting list. In this case, the team-owner will be banned from the next tournament!
    The team-owner needs to inform our tournament-staff at 18:45 CEST, if a team-member is not going to show up in time for the team's first match. In this case his team will be replaced by a team on the waiting list! If the team-owner did not notify us, the team-member will be banned from the next tournament !!!
    You can sign out your team until 18th june 2014 (to avoid a ban).

6. Our staff will assign your team and your opponents (according to the bracket) to one of our servers. The match can not take place anywhere else.

7. You have to follow our directives when a tournament-staff is there. (A round will not begin if we do not start it)

8. You may not request a (short) pause during a round, but after it.

9. After each round (if there is no referee), both teams have to send us the results via demo-file (or screenshots) verifying the results. (3 rounds = 3 screenshots etc.)

10. Using a bot, any kind of tool not provided by the official teeworlds version or watching a stream during your match (or spectating with a second client), means immediate disqualification from this and further tournaments.

11. You may use Anti-Ping to work against high latency.

12. You may not swap your team mate during the tournament

13. We reserve the right to change the rules, even during a tournament.

Map pool:

Streams:
https://i.imgur.com/yBInDpG.png
Teeworlds Tournaments - Team on Twitch (german)
You want to stream, too? Send us a PM via Teeworlds.com and we will give you all needed information.

Prizes and donation:

Prizes:

• 60% of the prize money

• 40% of the prize money

• 2 Beanies, made by Landil (Post #28)

How the prizes will be shared:
The first placed team can pick one of the prizes: money or beanies.
Then the second placed team will pick its prize and the third placed team gets the last one.

Current prize money: 77.73 EUR

We accept donations via PayPal!
(Link removed)
(Please donate at least 3 EUR, as anything else is more like a donation to PayPal)

The donations will be taken 1:1 for the prize money!*
We also accept any material form of donations as prizes (e.g. hardware). Please contact us via PM via Teeworlds.com or E-Mail (teeworldstournaments@gmx.de) if you want to do so.

*Less the paypal fee (EU: 1.9% + 0.35EUR).

Share this news on facebook, twitter, via whatsapp, telefon, e-mail, IRC, TeamSpeak and Skype to spread the word of Teeworlds and its tournaments!
Follow us on Youtube!

Good luck and have fun!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit 19.06.2014:
Our second Teeworlds Tournament is over and we congratulate our winners:

https://i.imgur.com/FBeqOAa.png

1. Team claw (won two Teeworlds-beanies)

2. Team tbb. (won 46,60 EUR)

3. Team INFINITEE (won 31,1 EUR)

Also we want to thank all participants, viewer, our team members Alucard, Cartman, ghost, Jambi*, Landil, MMilos, Rayon and Sonix and our supporters DDRacenetwork, ghost and Sushi!

https://i.imgur.com/w7Kxc8f.png

Your feedback is welcome: [Teeworlds Tournaments] Feedback

Re: Teeworlds Tournaments #2

n1, gl to all attendees \o
I hope it will be as cool as the last time

Probably wont have time unfortunatly (watching football (: )

3 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2014-05-11 22:15:14)

By the way do we still need some referees.
If you are interested, please send us a PM.
As referee you can also take part in the tournament - of course not during a match.

BeaR wrote:

Probably wont have time unfortunatly (watching football (: )

Germany is playing...that could be exciting: Germany vs Teeworlds hmm

!!! IMPORTANT !!!
Due to the world cup (WC) 2014, we have decided to move the tournament to the 19th june 2014, 7 P.M. (CEST). The sign up page on challonge will be released at the 02th june 2014, 8 P.M. (CEST).

Furthermore you can now donate (currently only) 5€ and 10€. Just click on the donate button in the first post.

I would like to join and play, but I have to go to a friends house to watch a baseball game sad

If LOU said so, do it.  Your Welcome,
                                                      Yours Truly, ~!!!LOU!!!~

I would like to join, but I don't know if my brother will have time to be a teammate,(because of his wedding, graduation, and other stuff) but by June 5th I will know. I love that Teeworlds is trying to support having official tournaments, it adds more fun to the fight.

Anybody know how to convert from eastern daylight time (EDT) to CEST?
Some places say 1:00pm EDT equals 7:00pm CEST.

no

Lord Kirby [TP] wrote:

I would like to join, but I don't know if my brother will have time to be a teammate,(because of his wedding, graduation, and other stuff) but by June 5th I will know. I love that Teeworlds is trying to support having official tournaments, it adds more fun to the fight.

Anybody know how to convert from eastern daylight time (EDT) to CEST?
Some places say 1:00pm EDT equals 7:00pm CEST.

Try WolframAlpha! smile

Wolfram Alpha also claims 1:00pm! So ta-da.

no

will be team damage enabled?

#yemDX is a known troll!
but onbgy is the biggest troll
and deen always trolls, he just makes it so perfect that u think hes not

ChillerDragon wrote:

will be team damage enabled?

No.

Please post the links for the maps i have to train for this tournament^^ !!! big_smile

/\/ewTe wrote:

Please post the links for the maps i have to train for this tournament^^ !!! big_smile

The links are coming soon.

You can sign up your team for this tournament here until 18th june 2014!

When maps will be added?

Translation by Slayer:
Hey Slayer, who creates the maps, do you? smile
And would you like to fight 1n1 against me?^^
And a question: Are you member of [EVIL]? Read it yesterday wink wink

Non-English posts are forbidden here, original post below // heinrich5991

Hey Slayer, wer macht die maps eigentlich, du? smile
Und hast du mal Lust auf ein 1n1 gegen mich?^^
Und ne Frage bist du wirklich in [EVIL]? Hab ich gestern gelesen

Hey /\/ewTe and welcome to this forum!
Please be aware that this forum is english only, so your post will be most likely deleted soon.

Sonix is creating/ reworking the maps. All are waiting just for him tongue
I will write you a PM about the other personal stuff.

Is that fair when creator of map will participate on tournament?
His team has a distinct advantage...

17 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2014-06-05 17:36:38)

You can help us creating maps, than you will have an advantage too.
We do this voluntary. I won't exclude anyone from the tournament due to this support!

And I doubt he will have a disturbing advantage (at least when we could share them 2 weeks before, as planned ..)

Edit:
Please notice that the second tournament will be taken for further calculations for team gametypes.
If we can't fill the bracket of 32, the next tournament will be limited.

18 (edited by ghost 2014-06-07 12:55:17)

Since we only received a little amount of donations so far, we decided to change the way the prize money is being split: The winner team will now get 100% of the prize money.

Also note that only half of the spots are taken at the moment (16/32) which means you can still sign your team in.

EDIT: Please also note the addition of a new rule/clarification:
You may not swap your team mate during the tournament.

This means, you are allowed to have more than 2 players in your challonge team, but you need to decide who of them are going to play at the beginning of the tournament. This decision is final, which means you can not swap players later on in the tournament. Also, all of the players you want to be able to choose from need to be in the challonge team with which you sign up for the tournament.

Gekkon wrote:

Is that fair when creator of map will participate on tournament?
His team has a distinct advantage...

For the record, Sonix made the custom maps for the 1x1 tournament and did not win. I first saw the custom maps maybe 1h before the tournament, after most participants had the opportunity to test them.
There would be an advantage if Sonix had the time to really practice on these maps, but he's already late on making them.

As Slayer said, it's up to you to make maps for the next tournaments if you feel you the advantage is unfair.

50% to the first and 25 to 3 and 2 was better

Jambi* wrote:

50% to the first and 25 to 3 and 2 was better

With the current amount of prize money, this would mean ~6€ for each player of the 2nd and 3rd place and we found that was ridiculously low...

what you've expected? >100€? that eveyone can get 15€ i'm suprised that people donated over 40€ guess the most would also play without a prize so it's maybe more an steepening incentive to reach the semi final to have a chance to become 2nd and 3rd if the waits also a small prize even if it is just 6€ but would also accept the change the tournament will still be fun for sure

So far about 40€ were donated by me and ghost.
Yes, we expected more.
It will stay as it is now. Concentrating the prize money to only 2 players pushes the amount to around 25€/ea, a real incentive and reward.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

So far about 40€ were donated by me and ghost.

how should i know?

25 (edited by Broken 2014-06-08 17:35:30)

you can get steam games for just a few bucks i vote for splitting the prize more... no surprise at small prizes in such a niche game