Topic: teeworlds new weapons!!!

hi guys i see that teeworlds doesn't support a lot of weapons only 6 weapons are there but while i was playing conquer online i found great idea for new weapons can help a lot in game

1-throwing knifes:its ranged weapon its hurt by 1 but his power is in cutting the hook its very high range

2-vampire wand: its ranged weapon it can drain the tee hp by 1 each hit and you get the hp that drained and its low range

3-ice wand : its melee weapon it can hurt by 1and freeze tee for 5 second but only 3 hits are available   

4-homing missile: its hurt by 1 but it follow the target tee you can avoid it by jumping
and you are behind wall so it will hit the wall

and the final weapon is ......

the self Sacrifice: it will help a lot in ctf the tee explode and hurt all enemy tees by 8 and the exploded tee cant revive for 10 seconds and its it can be like dynamite in you weapons you click and BOOM big explode

i wish that it can be in the game thanks for reading and i wish and one can make  a beta version for this weapons and i wish if landil can say if it can be in game or no smile

Re: teeworlds new weapons!!!

May I remind you that Teeworlds is an arcade shooter and not an ARPG?

It's quite difficult for my fingers to move from 1 to 5 buttons on the keyboard, but you want them to go further?

Shahan wrote:

It's quite difficult for my fingers to move from 1 to 5 buttons on the keyboard, but you want them to go further?

you can use the mouse wheel easy but i just dont like the regular weapons any new weapons can be good smile

I like the idea of a spear more knives that I don't think it's going to take a lot of value to your idea more that I found very good

Thank you for your suggestion, we will certainly keep it in mind for future versions. However I am not convinced this fits the overall theme & gameplay.

So diplomatic  cool

at any way the most needed weapon is the hook cutter or throwing knifes cause alot of player use hook to hold up in the area especially in block ddrace so this is the most needed if there is any member can make beta version of these weapons it will be good smile

9 (edited by Pathos 2013-10-08 01:22:18)

Magnet wrote:

Thank you for your suggestion, we will certainly keep it in mind for future versions. However I am not convinced this fits the overall theme & gameplay.

I agree. The another flaw with this suggestion is reloading.

Any new suggestions on new weapons should be ignored unless reloading mechanism gets revamped. The simplest reason is because you'd have to place more weapons around the map, which would make it look cluttered.

JinAndJuice wrote:
Magnet wrote:

Any new suggestions on new weapons should be ignored unless reloading mechanism gets revamped. The simplest reason is because you'd have to place more weapons around the map, which would make it look cluttered.

why man at least one new weapon cant make very big deal like machine gun it would be good only one what is the problem in that !!!!! yikes

d.beshoy wrote:
JinAndJuice wrote:
Magnet wrote:

why man at least one new weapon cant make very big deal like machine gun it would be good only one what is the problem in that !!!!! yikes

changing weapons or adding new weapons  means a big change in game play and everything has to get balanced thoroughly.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

ohh so teeworlds wont have new weapons ever okay at any way thanks sad

d.beshoy wrote:

ohh so teeworlds wont have new weapons ever okay at any way thanks sad

Is there currently any need for a new weapon? I personally do not see any reason for that: we have a distance weapon, a melee weapon, a mid range weapon ...

Sure, there are some possibilities to enhance game play ... maybe some kind of cooperative weapon. ... well we will see

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

i guess we need weapon that help in ctf and weapon can cut the hook because a lot of players use the hook to make flag catcher fall and the same in block server smile

New weapon? Mine and laser wall come to mind, they make strategy on path and corporation more important.
d.beshoy, there is a mod called WAR3 which fits your theme.

I think Teeworlds should remain in its weapons. But you can write a MoD, that adds them.

17 (edited by IiIRicardoIiI 2014-01-14 21:06:52)

I like the idea of new weapons for teeworlds most especially lansador knives ;D

I would prefer adding a sniper that has a straight laser showing where the gun shoots and does 3 hearts

19 (edited by Neox 2014-05-20 11:13:12)

If you want a trick, I have a "knife" as new weapon (it's an animation bug so it looks like a new weapon).

Just go to the mod NX|Monster to see it, just by scrolling. (or NX|City, but you'll have to buy it there, for sure, with in game money smile)

If you're interested in how to make like that weapon appears, just ask me, and I hope that devs won't fix that "bug". (I know a lot of bugs like that, but whatever.. tongue)

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.