1 (edited by G@mer 2013-02-21 20:14:28)

Topic: Teeserver.de | Teeworlds Serverhosting [EU|US]

http://teeserver.de/images/top_tw.com.png
Teeserver is a teeworlds serverhosting provider with low prices and some nice extras!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://server.tee-stats.de/images/month_big.png
You pay 1,38 € and get 1 month (43200 minutes) of runtime. Also you can divide this runtime onto your servers by yourself freely however you want it. If your server is running we will reduce the runtime every minute, if the server is not running you won't loose runtime and so you won't pay for it!

http://server.tee-stats.de/images/interface_big.png
Teeserver owns a self programmed webinterface. With this interface you can create, configure, start and stop your own server(s), also you could increase your runtime via paypal or contact me for an other payment method.
If you pay with paypal the runtime will immediately be added to your account after finishing the payment. Furthermore there will be 4500 minutes for free when you register an account.

http://server.tee-stats.de/images/jobs_big.png
Coming to "jobs". "Jobs" are some tasks which will be performed automatically, like start,stop and restart server.
Within the webinterface you can add jobs for your servers and you could define the days of week and time when the task should be performed. An example for such a task could be to stop the server from Monday until Friday at 23:00 and start him at 08:00 at the other day. While doing this you will save 9 hours of runtime.

http://server.tee-stats.de/images/dashboard_big.png
On the dashboard you will have all information you need. You could see your servers, the runtime they have left and how many players are on them. You can start, stop, edit and delete your servers right from the dashboard, also you could add some runtime to your servers, have an overview of how many players are playing on all your servers, how many memory your servers use and how much runtime you have left.

http://server.tee-stats.de/images/landing_big.png
On the landing page you can see the latest amount of servers, players and memory-usage of teeserver.
Also you will find the link to the user login, supportforum and yu can create your free user account right
from there.

http://server.tee-stats.de/images/hardware_big.png
The server hosting the german teeworlds servers is located in the hetzner datacenter in Nuremberg, Germany.
It features a Intel® Core™ i7-920 processor with 4 cores, 8 threads and a clock frequency of 2.67 GHz, 8GB DDR3
RAM, 2 750GB SATA-II Harddrives and has a connection of 100 MBit/s. It's debian (6.0.6) running on the server and
as webserver we will have nginx.
The server hosting the us servers is located in Kansas City (MO), in the usa. It has 6 vCores with a clock frequency of
1.8 GHz, 512MB RAM and a 1GBit/s connection. It's again debian running on the server, and the webserver for the placeholder is lighttpd.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://teeserver.de/images/bot_tw.com.png
Visit us at

http://teeserver.de

German Thread
Version: 1.2

US - Testserver
204.12.193.39:8356 (TeeServer.de [US] Testserver)
EU - Testserver
178.63.72.143:8358 (TeeServer.de [EU] Testserver)

Re: Teeserver.de | Teeworlds Serverhosting [EU|US]

You realize really interesting projects, although this has its price tag... smile
Anyway, I like one detail in particularl: by provided "jobs" people can stop their servers and activate those at a specific time again? Its nice, because many servers are not used during certain hours, so its a tiny energy saving mechanism. Nice touch, yet I think you will embed many more features as I know your.
If it is possible in any way, could you provide one test server or adress so everybody can "test" the ping?

Now I miss some information about available gametypes and maps.

traitor wrote:

You realize really interesting projects, although this has its price tag... smile
Anyway, I like one detail in particularl: by provided "jobs" people can stop their servers and activate those at a specific time again? Its nice, because many servers are not used during certain hours, so its a tiny energy saving mechanism. Nice touch, yet I think you will embed many more features as I know your.
If it is possible in any way, could you provide one test server or adress so everybody can "test" the ping?

Now I miss some information about available gametypes and maps.

I added an US Testserver for you wink

I implemented the "jobs" exactly because of this aspect. The serves where empty from about 23:00 until 11:00 in the morning so I wanted to give the users the possibility to save this time and spend it when the server is needed.

The available Modifications are just vielable inside the webinterface for now, I will create an extra page for it.

As you said I already have some ideas which will be implemented in the near future. Also I'll bring the master statistics back with one of these ideas wink

Coming to maps: Everyone can upload his own maps ( also more than one at once ! ) if there is no map fitting the needs there is the possibility to look after it in the "Mapbase" I created some time ago wink Maybe I'll add some kind of remote upload for the maps in the mapbase

You have worked hard on this project, and it has good features as mentioned.
However... I think you should change the location of the server to somewhere in Europe. The reason being, the majority of Teeworlds players are from Europe... especially Germany and Russia. You server hosting is only useful if you are living in the US - my ping is just too high to make it enjoyable (over 100) and I am from western Europe closer to the US than the countrys I said. But if it's intended for Americans only, then never mind this.
Good luck with this anyway!

lawejack wrote:

However... I think you should change the location of the server to somewhere in Europe. The reason being, the majority of Teeworlds players are from Europe... especially Germany and Russia. You server hosting is only useful if you are living in the US - my ping is just too high to make it enjoyable (over 100) and I am from western Europe closer to the US than the countrys I said. But if it's intended for Americans only, then never mind this.

It is not intended to be just for Americans.
As you maybe mentioned there are currently 2 Host Servers existing:

1. Nuremberg, Germany
2. Kansas City (MO), USA

So I think I covered Europe and a small part of USA. I will hopefully add a server in Russia in the near future.

Waw, awesome !

How much time did you take to develop this service ? (approximately)

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

7 (edited by G@mer 2013-02-21 13:04:16)

TeecTac wrote:

Waw, awesome !

How much time did you take to develop this service ? (approximately)

It took about 4 months to create 1.0 and about 1 month more to do 1.1 / 1.2 wink so approximately 5 month

G@mer wrote:
lawejack wrote:

It is not intended to be just for Americans.
As you maybe mentioned there are currently 2 Host Servers existing:

1. Nuremberg, Germany
2. Kansas City (MO), USA

So I think I covered Europe and a small part of USA. I will hopefully add a server in Russia in the near future.

Okay, glad to see you have now added a European server. Good luck.

9 (edited by 2013-02-26 03:45:17)

Very impressed! Might sign up soon for the US based one. Very nice interface man.

EDIT:

I love the idea of this and the ping is very stable.  I have some minor gripes:

1. I deleted  a server and it's time was simply lost, not put back into the time pool.

2. Some things aren't translated to English even with English selected.

3. I can't edit server configs because when I push Sprechtzlen or whatever, it says "Port error" in German.

4. I'm getting bad gateway errors a lot when I try to do things.

Also is it possible you could add mods. Thanks.

10 (edited by G@mer 2013-02-26 13:22:01)

Broken wrote:

Very impressed! Might sign up soon for the US based one. Very nice interface man.

EDIT:

I love the idea of this and the ping is very stable.  I have some minor gripes:

1. I deleted  a server and it's time was simply lost, not put back into the time pool.

2. Some things aren't translated to English even with English selected.

3. I can't edit server configs because when I push Sprechtzlen or whatever, it says "Port error" in German.

4. I'm getting bad gateway errors a lot when I try to do things.

Also is it possible you could add mods. Thanks.

First of all thanks Broken smile

I will take a look onto your problem and will add the lost time to your account.
Translations will come as soon as possible so you will have a complete english translation.
The problem with the port is just the fact that the script is currently not checking the port on the us host so fixing this error will be easy.

Coming to the gateway timouts:
The german server hosting the page and the german teeworlds servers suffers under hard ddos attacks with an amount of 80000 pakets per second ( 24 million / 5m ). The servers capacity is high enought to "survive" this attack but this amount of pakets is filling the servers bandwith. I also performed some steps to get some of those connections dropped etc. So it will be fine from now i think.

If it is still not fine I will update the servers bandwidth to 1 GB/s like the us server has

So far,
G@mer

Update the server. The price is a bit expensive.

faucets xp wrote:

Update the server. The price is a bit expensive.

Why is 1.38 € for 1 Month real Runtime expensive? Compared to the other offerings its very cheap, and you can get 2 servers out of 1 Month runtime if you are configuring it right (e.g. shuting the servers down at midnight and starting both at 12.00 ).

What is the maximum you will pay for one month of runtime ?

The DDos Attacks stopped and everything is just fine now !

I would probably actually buy this if the interface weren't a bit buggy.