1 (edited by Ich 2013-02-08 20:26:59)

Topic: [MOD] Hold The Flag

http://www.abload.de/img/teeworldsycj7t.png

Hi all,
this is my new mod called 'Hold The Flag'. The name explains much but go on reading if you want a further explanation.

Main Concept:
There are two game types: death match and team death match. In both game types you try to hold the flag as long as possible.

In Deathmatch(dm) mode everyone starts with a score (something around 50 is good in my opinion).
You increase your score by 3(in insta 1) when you kill someone and by 1 every second when you hold the flag.
When there is a flag carrier all other players will lose 1 point every second.
The game is over if all players except one reached the score of 0.

TeamDeathmatch(tdm) is pretty much the same only that it's more like stealing score because if you get 1 then your enemy team will lose 1. That means the match can have no end if there is no timelimit. I prefer to a start score between 150 and 300.

Where does the Flag spawn?
When you host a ctf map with 2 flags then the flag position will be calculated with that positions.
When there is no flag inside the map then the flag position will be calculated by the mapWidth.
But you can force the flag position by placing only one flag. So if you want to build a custom map, place one flag and this will be the position.
This calculating makes playing every map without editing it possible.

Special features?
Yes!
You can drop the flag with emotion1 (the '!' emotion) or by saying /drop which can be very important for a good teamplay.

More about the gamemodes and configuring:
You can switch between the modes by sv_gametype and possible are: dm idm tdm and itdm. 'i' = instagib.

You set the start score with sv_scorelimit and feel free to use a timelimit if you want.

Download binaries:
windows 32 bit
linux 32 bit
linux 64 bit
Mac
Source

Thanks to:
Zgokee, Broken and cruz for ideas and testing.
heinrich5991 for compiling for Linux x86 and x64
MertenNor for compiling for mac

2 (edited by traitor 2013-02-06 02:08:43)

Re: [MOD] Hold The Flag

Yes, yes, yes!
I am so glad you ported this good old stuff to the current teeworlds version (0.6 compatible I guess?).
Well most likely you created it yourself, please forgive me my uninformed word choice.
It is a mode with a flag and thus a nice one smile

Your image for presentation is really good too, I like the style and it seems to be three-dimensional.

3 (edited by Broken 2013-02-07 01:09:20)

awesome, cant wait to try it out

Okay, this mod is awesome but can you do one thing for me:

Lol, i have guys that use the emotes a  lot, can you add a setting to turn off emote drop.

ALSO: found an important bug, the map will spawn the flag on death tiles.

MORE: issues and ideas

Okay I feel like when someone hits 0 they should be eliminated. Otherwise they sit at 0 and can comeback any time.

IMPORTANT ISSUE: when someone joins late they get full points. Say I work down everyone to just a few points, then a new guy joins. I have to wait his full time against everyone.

IDEA TO FIX: lock rounds, and eliminate zeros. OR have new players start with lowest points

4 (edited by Ich 2013-02-07 20:41:12)

When someone joins 10 seconds after the game starts then he will start with score 0. Or is there i bug? I checked but I'm spawning with no score when i join the game late.

I fixed the spawning in deathtiles bug and it trys to spawn the flag on the next higher platform. If there is no platform then it will spawn above the deathtiles.

I like that player not get eliminated when they reached score 0 because else it would be way more easy for the flag carrier and waiting death for the next round in a game that can take very long sucks a bit in my opinion hmm

I changed 3 points per kill in instagib to 1 because it shouldnt be possible to get more than 1point/second which was in instagib. It's fine in vanilla.

Thank you for bug reporting and ideas wink

I will upload new files this evening.

5 (edited by Broken 2013-02-07 20:49:04)

Please turn off emotes too, no emotes is no fun.

BTW, everyone that has played loves the mod so far.

Broken wrote:

Please turn off emotes too, no emotes is no fun.

Did you mean turn on?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

He has emotes drop the flag, lol.

Yes? That doesn't answer the question though.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I think emotes are the most comfortable way to drop the flag. But you could add a command to switch the emote functions off. You could also add more gametypes like "elimination". (moving all players into the spectators after reaching 0 points)

I like it when you enter a server and not have to bind stuff or download a client. And it's only one emotion that you miss which makes playing possible without having work making a chat command for /drop

11 (edited by Broken 2013-02-08 03:26:42)

Dune wrote:

Yes? That doesn't answer the question though.

I meant "Turn off emote dropping," sorry that was implied.

Ich wrote:

I like it when you enter a server and not have to bind stuff or download a client. And it's only one emotion that you miss which makes playing possible without having work making a chat command for /drop

Can you please make a less common emote like ghost.

Also you pretty much never drop in non-team modes.

ANOTHER SUGGESTION: like a lot of mods, it should show who the current flag-holder is lower right.

POSSIBLE BUG: weirdly it seems like the kill sound (when you shoot a tee) doesn't sound right

btw most maps play really nicely with this mod, and all 4 modes work well imo

Download links are updated.

I think i can't let the client think that there is a flag carrier without teamplay.
I didn't touch the sounds except for capture sound at the end of the round and the ticks in the last 10 seconds and i couldn't notice any bugs hm.
Would be nice if you could show me what you mean next time i see you ingame smile
Thx a lot for your interests and ideas smile

so it is like oddball in halo ? cool! big_smile
oh and I compiled it for mac
here: https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … er_HTF.zip

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

like oddball would be cool... meaning u can only use hammer when u have the flag an u kill immediately hitting someone with the hammer when u have the flag smile

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

I really like the idea of HTF, I would like to see it official with 0.7! smile

Yeah..... This mod has a LOT of potential. Nice, balanced gameplay... +1 Zatiline

no

Started a 24/7 server with this mod smile
Server name: Norwegian HUB HTF 24/7
Server Location: Norway

->My 24/7 servers: [NOR] Norwegian HUB <- Back Online !! big_smile
( My grammar is getting better ! smile I think.. )
-Norway

lol simple the most amazing gametype. amazing keep up the good work A+ next you should make a DON'T hold the flag gametype that'd be fun

Ex-King of Teeworlds

yemDX wrote:

lol simple the most amazing gametype. amazing keep up the good work A+ next you should make a DON'T hold the flag gametype that'd be fun

Don't hold the flag... hmmm... yes, I see potential here...

Zatline wrote:

I really like the idea of HTF, I would like to see it official with 0.7! smile

Yep-yep, man knows what he's saying.

I played this gametype, and only one word can describe it: this gametype is awesome because I always win.

Sushi Tee wrote:

like oddball would be cool... meaning u can only use hammer when u have the flag an u kill immediately hitting someone with the hammer when u have the flag smile

Well that's not 'like' oddball, that is oddball. So instead of only hammer, how about only shotgun, hammer, and pistol for the flag carrier?
- also, I feel so damn over-powered when my entire team (including myself) has 'nade launchers and we're spawn camping the other team, so how about making it so the entire team of which the flag carrier is on can't use 'nade launchers? In my honest opinion doing this would also help people practice their shotgun skills (which a lot of people lack).

Broken wrote:

[...]Okay I feel like when someone hits 0 they should be eliminated. Otherwise they sit at 0 and can comeback any time.

IMPORTANT ISSUE: when someone joins late they get full points. Say I work down everyone to just a few points, then a new guy joins. I have to wait his full time against everyone.

IDEA TO FIX: lock rounds, and eliminate zeros. OR have new players start with lowest points

On one hand I agree, but what if the flag carrier is this OP-pro that just can not be stopped? So how about on top of '0 points = death' it's also 'the higher the score, the easier to kill'?
- I'm not talking about decreasing health, but instead decrease the amount of weapons they have available to them: first the laser, then the launcher, then the shotgun, then the pistol, until they only have hammer (oddball).
- And the less the points, the more you have for you (based on difference from top score): first they get a stronger and/or longer-lasting hook, then something, then their own rockets don't hurt them, et cetera...

Your mod crashed on us a bunch today , couldnt get a game going. Maps were ctf4 (official) then ctf4_darkgreen.

21 (edited by Neuxell 2014-07-12 18:51:53)

it was iTHTF??!1

I thought the mod is stable hm sad
Did you notice why it crashed? What could be the reason?

It's never crashed on me before... Maybe the mod doesn't like your maps?

no

Did it crash while playing if when the server loaded the map?

Could you make the reward in seconds for killing a variable.

sv_kill_reward xx