Topic: Gametype Working Group

Continuing from https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9672

Wait you mean FLY maps from the Homing mod??

Once in a century...

Re: Gametype Working Group

wth is "Homing" mod?

fly = ctf+many deathtiles+kill aaaaaaaaaaall

btw i thought race wouldn't become official, as the dev team couldn't outplay the teerace-team?

furthermore, if new gametypes will be added, domination should be the first one!
Domination would be:
- teeish (fit to vanilla)
- unique
- adoptable / extendable
- awesome
But i don't me the "old" domination mod, where you gain teampoints with capturing spots.
Those spots should be handled like upgrade-spots, eg: teammates respawn with +3 armor; hammer deals +2 damage......

3 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2012-08-03 11:50:06)

Yea. I think Domination should become official as well as Last Man Standing (Survival) with only 1 life. At the end of the round the survivor gets maximum points and the first one who got killed gets no points.

And in Domination you capture areas and have to hold them for 10 seconds. Just look at UT2004. (Teeworlds did take inspiration from Mario and Quake 3. Let Unreal Tournament be your next inspiration big_smile )

P.S. Thx for explaining "fly". Never quite understood what it was o.O

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Teeworlds did take inspiration from Mario

I stopped reading there :D

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
DARK HUNTER wrote:

Teeworlds did take inspiration from Mario

I stopped reading there big_smile

Imagine if Mario could hook it's way out of the levels... my childhood would be ruined x_x big_smile

6 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2012-08-03 14:11:53)

However, it could be nice to jump into a other team tees and kill them. And maybe have a horse or a dinosaur and lick enemys! big_smile

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Let Unreal Tournament be your next inspiration big_smile

Or Battlefield 3! ;D

Or we keep it in the realm of teeworlds and stop trying to copy other games tongue

fly is too hard big_smile
but if there will be cool maps maybe more will play it (more= new player=nameless)

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

Full Face Tee wrote:

Or we keep it in the realm of teeworlds and stop trying to copy other games tongue

What a stupid comment! lol

Kintaro* wrote:

fly is too hard big_smile
but if there will be cool maps maybe more will play it (more= new player=nameless)

Fly is not too hard.

The new gametypes all sound really cool...

But I still wish fly would become official.

I still like instagib, and infection.

Nice gametypes big_smile

no

Kintaro* wrote:

How should those "cool" maps look like?
Rather race or rather vanilla?

Slaver I mean clearly maps that you learn fast...most flymaps are big and hard to learn.... Not everyone is pro in fly..and fly is the hardest gametype in teeworlds

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

14 (edited by Kirbs 2012-08-04 00:30:39)

Its easy to learn the flymaps in Teevision eu. 1 Fly.
They are the ONLY flymaps I play on.

Heheh... I was wishing that DDrace would come official, but race is good enough for me.
I don't play it that much anyway.

" smile "

no

Well I don't believe that fly is "the hardest gametype in teeworlds" but it's definitely challenging and that's what makes it fun! Get it? Challenge=Fun

Zatline wrote:

Or Battlefield 3! ;D

No. (I hate ego shooters o_X ) I was gonna stop at Quake;Unreal Tournament;HALO.(stop)
I mean: teeworlds is a retro shooter right? With traditional weapon slots (side arm;shotgun;gl) and that's why I think that the laser doesn't fit in.
I'm gonna kill the devs (serious face)
Meanwhile: You guys heard? Legacy of Kain is making a comeback!

Once in a century...

16 (edited by Zatline 2012-08-04 15:16:34)

DARK HUNTER wrote:
Zatline wrote:

Or Battlefield 3! ;D

No. (I hate ego shooters o_X )

I meant, Battlefield 3, for example has a HUD that looks really well designed. So Battlefield 3 could be a new inspiration sources for Teeworlds and it will be! wink

Oh. Well it has a well designed HUD but I hope that it would server only as an inspiration. The current HUD of BF 3 doesn't fit into teeworlds at all.

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

Oh. Well it has a well designed HUD but I hope that it would server only as an inspiration. The current HUD of BF 3 doesn't fit into teeworlds at all.

You're right, but the layout fits very well to Teeworlds. wink

I see what ur "aiming at" big_smile Get it?

You want the position the HUD at the bottom like a lot of old shooters do. But that transition would need a lot of thinking. The bottom view has to remain clear.

I like it

Once in a century...

Each game has four edges, this edges are often used for the HUD display, but the current HUD display in Teeworlds looks confused and unprofessional, one of the main targets for 0.7 is, get Teeworlds more professional! wink

Could you explain this a bit further, Zatline?
Dont get why you think that bf3's hud is more professionel than teeworlds one, imo bf3's one is very ugly and in no way more well arranged.

However it would be nice to be able to move the hud, to individualise the own client, as i prefer to concentrate the displayed informations in one edge (score, time, health, weapons)

we need a compass in teeworlds hud
i think that is what he want to say big_smile

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

Slayer *gV* wrote:

However it would be nice to be able to move the hud, to individualise the own client, as i prefer to concentrate the displayed informations in one edge (score, time, health, weapons)

Things like that could be quite possible... smile

This is the Gametype Working Group. Any question regarding HUD go to HUD Working Group smile

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

This is the Gametype Working Group. Any question regarding HUD go to HUD Working Group smile

xD