1 (edited by DarkDragon 2012-04-11 00:53:50)

Topic: [Detected Botter]Exibo using a bot

Hello. Teeworlds is an open-source game. That is good but it has negativ aspects. Too much players are using a bot. And i am one of the players who detected them. There are lots of players like me who are detecting botters. I have see a player who always hooking me perfect. I have tried some methods to look how he is playing. I move a little bit slower and try to focuss on his aiming. I saw that he was aiming perfect and doesn't fail some hooks. But there is no vanilla player that hooks so strong. He was playing vanilla for the first time (he told me) but he really hooks very strong. I think he using a bot. But I wait that the spectator see it too. But no. I say that p'SMOG is using a bot before the spectators give a reaction. Nobody believe me that p'SMOG is using a bot.

What i do: Move slower and try to let him bot extremly. When i got the flag and he must kill me, it's perfect moment to see how he is using a bot. He bot and it was very good to see! A spectator react. But the botter p'SMOG changes his name to "Exibo" from Krypton. And everyone said: DarkDragon you noob. Dragonfight noob clan. Exibo doesn't use a bot.

how do they know that he doesn't use a bot? and lots of specators react of his bot gameplay but when he changes the name. they are thinking he doesn't bot. Is this the Teeworlds Niveau now? I mean Exibo is a famous player in a good clan but why lots of players think that he is not botting? just because he is "famous" or "cool" or in [Krypton]? But before he changes his name, some spectators react?!

It's like if a President tarn as a normal person to steal from the supermarket. He got specators. Lots of ppls saw him stealing. But when the people know that the thief was the President, nobody will say that the President stole something. Because he is on a good position.

It was an example. I just think it's unfair.

Exibo from Krypton used a bot. But everyone was against me. I just think that the server was full of botters or friends of Exibo. but it's just not fair how the tw-community is saying about me and my clan, just because i dectected cheaters and unfair gamers.

here is demo:

look at 11min and 34 second:

http://uploaded.to/file/4nhooknd

----------------------------------------------------

I am not a noob. I just detected botters. I never have doing something wrong in Teeworlds. I never flame. I just flame when there is a problem. And just think about the Teeworlds Community and his botters.

Re: [Detected Botter]Exibo using a bot

Touching Story lol, But there Isn't really Anything Anyone can Do About That. People Could Try To Get Rid of Bots or Maybe Flag Them On Downloading Sites, but A lot of people Code Them, So even If You Deleted A lot of Downloadable Bots, They would be continued to be made. I Don't Really Play Teeworlds much Anymore for some Reason, Now I'm Playing First Person Shooters, but Over the Year or so, I Have encountered multiple botting players, But I Must tell You The truth: There are Aimbots On a lot of Video games, even Those that are Not Open Source. people figure Out a Way to create Bots because They think That botting is Fun and cool and Levels You up In Borderlands. That's just the Way Some people are, and Living life Means seeing People and animals, or Living in the Desert and Dying most likely. But On a More Serious note, What I Would do If Someone was botting Against you: I Would LEAVE The Server, and Tell your buddies To Come With you. The Server you're On and The People You are Playing Against Obviously Aren't Worth the Trouble If They're botting, And the Spectators who Don't believe you... Just ignore Them. When it Comes to bots, here's The Rule. SPOT STOP AND LEAVE. Thank you For your Time.

Italic text

Chrisfield12 wrote:

SPOT STOP AND LEAVE.

This.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

4 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:24:20)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

5 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2012-04-11 13:27:23)

I would rather play with a bot than with an idiot who calls someone a bot.
Thats why when the kick vote reason is "bot" i vote NO and when the reason is "funvoter" i vote YES.

It is really a pain in the a$$ being called a bot just because you have skill or luck. And the truth is a lot of people start kick votes with the reason "bot" because they don't like that player (and of course there are a lot of careless players who immediately press F3) and before you have a chance to say something:

Disconnected wrote:

You have been banned for 5 minutes (banned by vote)

The way I see it funvoters are a greater threat than bots.

P.S.

DarkDragon wrote:

I mean Exibo is a famous player in a good clan but why lots of players think that he is not botting? just because he is "famous" or "cool" or in [Krypton]?

Or maybe the player you saw was a faker? Faking Exibo's name,clan,flag etc...?

Once in a century...

6 (edited by DarkDragon 2012-04-11 16:37:30)

lolz. What i want to say is: Teeworlds is a veryy very very god game. yes god. but it has lots of shit players.

7 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:24:14)

Deleted.

Did u watch my demo? i am not a noob who call everyone as botter , just botters. i know who bot oor not.

9 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:23:00)

Deleted.

use a better host, i cant download it

DarkDragon wrote:

lolz. What i want to say is: Teeworlds is a veryy very very god game. yes god. but it has lots of shit players.

Shit players? havent seen any!

I just saw that demo and of course it was a bot, but you do not really think that he was exibo xD. dude he just faked him. But if you really like that game, just don't play with bots or just kick them. It's a common issue in open source game and as well in not open source games, they may think that using a bot is kind of cool or that they own you, but it's most likely the complete opposite, cuz they show that they are afraid of loosing or whatsoever, but at the end they just show how low skilled they are themselves.
Just ignore them and please just because people use fake names or whatsoever, you don't have to post it on the forum. This forum is rather about development, ideas and fanart as well as mapping and so on. Here we discus rather a small amount of in-game issues and you should get to know the real people before saying that they use bots.
Well known players may have a lot of fakers who just can't honor those people's fame. It's common.
0.6.1 is exactly like 0.5.1, where were a damn lot of bot running around on the servers, but with time people will understand, that it's no fun to play with a bot, because you can't improve a bot's skill wink
We gotta live with this, cuz bots and other hacks are part of such games.

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Shit wrote:
DarkDragon wrote:

Shit players? havent seen any!

Dat Shit.:D

I don't think that someone would change his nick if he is obviously botting and if there are players who complain about it.^^ Probably some faker but anyway. Just leave. Unfortunately botting is a big problem and there are many botters since some months(maybe I'm only noticing it only yet because I'm not playing Vanilla for that long.;)), but worst thing is that you can never be 100% sure if someone is botting or not if he is doing it "well".:(

[21:15:20] Tom-d1ed: das ist ja mal so
[21:15:21] Tom-d1ed: extrem schlecht

And,sadly,there will always be noobs/idiots there to call others bots.

Once in a century...

And a question to developers:
Will account system prevent from fakers and botters?

C++/Java my life ^^
If you like dislike button click it
NOW!

kittyPL wrote:

And a question to developers:
Will account system prevent from fakers and botters?

It will not prevent botting. It might prevent faking to some extent.

ghost wrote:

It will not prevent botting. It might prevent faking to some extent.

But it certainly won't prevent someone from changing his name (e.g. to yours), you will just be able to see whether it's the player you added to your friend list or not.

But if you have to make an account for playing teeworlds and register if you play it the first time and you have to play with your name (you can not change it ingame), you could prevent faking. Furthermore Developers can impliment nice account features. But of course teeworlds would lost its just download an start feeling sad.

Twiss wrote:

But if you have to make an account for playing teeworlds and register if you play it the first time and you have to play with your name (you can not change it ingame), you could prevent faking.

Could be, won't happen.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Could be, won't happen.

Why not?

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Coz Teeworlds is following the KISS principle.
Download, start, play. Not any register-shit.

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Azon wrote:

Account based functions (Accounts are currently not implementend, but will be at some point)

Outdated info?

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:
Slayer *gV* wrote:

Azon wrote:

Account based functions (Accounts are currently not implementend, but will be at some point)

Outdated info?

Nope. No register shit. Optional accounts.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Ok you dont need to force the people to register, optional accounts are solving the problem also. I think every good player will have one, so you cant fake them anymore, if there is a visible feedback.

I REALLY think that hardly anyone uses a bot.
Ive had people kick me and get mad at me because they thought I was a bot.
I never use a bot though.

no