Topic: HDP Obstaculos iDDRace Contest

HDP Obstaculos iDDRace contest

This contest is about Racing... With Dummys!
If you dunno what dummys are, and how to control them, see this video before reading the rest of this topic.

What is this contest about?

You must run with a dummy (not with a parter) on the server g-corp.org:8301
Server Password: forum

Rules & Prizes

The 3 faster runners will have as prize, one DDRace map on my server (g-corp.org:8301). The racers are the ones that gave me the map, so, if they won, they will have the map hosted, 24h/7d!
You can't run with a parter, you must use a dummy.
You can run on team 0 or any other team that you want to
The Demo File + Map must be sent to me. Contact me by:
Forum PM | E-mail (heroia@hotmail.com) | I will not accept participations by Skype. Sorry for that.

More Info

The Server Is From France
The Contest is open 'till 30.06.1012

What are you waiting for? Go race!
Remember:
Server: g-corp.org:8301
Passw: forum

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Re: HDP Obstaculos iDDRace Contest

I personally dislike the iddrace servers. Much more fun playing with someone else than with yourself. You can also cheat in different ways with iddrace doing some spam of dummycall or some thing like that. Also noticed weird /r bug with it where you get teleported to different part of map.
Obataculous DDrace contest more fun wink

I agree with Zgokee. 2 teams with 2 players, 1 map with the same 2 ways to pass, allowing the teams to use VOIP clients as well. Now that would be awesome.

4 (edited by Broken 2012-06-09 03:48:05)

Submission on behalf of Inspire clan:

Dinner runs 8:13.22 on your server - http://www.mediafire.com/?8vv808prs2aid5z

Your times are not recording btw... ??

Also guys are /R cheating for a few seconds finish, he shows how it is done.

lol all inspire guys replying big_smile dinner here, and as broken says, yes, i did it in that time. The demo starts on the second section, because he was recording it and started late, but i assure you, there is no cheating. Please: do not count /r cheaters! im quite guilty of doing that myself smile, but it is NOT acceptable for tournaments! Thanks, and good luck to all other participats!

6 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2012-06-09 14:54:35)

Broken wrote:

Also guys are /R cheating for a few seconds finish, he shows how it is done.

That type of cheating (Using that bug) is not allowed BUT:
Map secrets / Secret Passages, other iDDR bugs like becoming unfreeze on a freeze zone with the dummy or using clients that support Tites Viewing, use /r is allowed.
Edit: What about the map? oO

- Günther Branlutte

Did you mean the racer gives you a map? I'm confused... o0

If you're allowing use of /r and the use of idd bugs, the /r to finish falls on both categories. Would be much better if you removed /r since you can unfreeze with dummy. I might be saying this because I'm not a fan of /r wink

Why not to ask all who takes part in contest to make demos and send to HeroiAmarelo?
All, who cheated will be disqualified.

Or why not to block /r and /d in config settings? For example, trutee team already made contest on iddrace with /dc used only.

There should be a contest for making maps ^^

btw. nice idea with the dummy-contest  smile

Nitro wrote:

There should be a contest for making maps ^^

btw. nice idea with the dummy-contest  smile

?????
Tnks. smile

- Günther Branlutte

Personally think that iDDrace completely takes away the fun of DDrace, its like going from having sex to just playing with yourself... why would you want do that? That combined with the fact that it allows /r, which just makes any map incredibly simple and takes away the edge of the game, just ruins the mod.

However having said that, I do see how it can be slightly beneficial for people who are new to ddrace to learning the ropes by themselves. Unfortunately I don't know how much of a benefit it is as after watching some "pro" iDDrace players play a map, it seems to me it is more about exploiting the /r and dummy system to get past challenges rather than doing it properly.

But I like the idea of a ddrace tournament, I have hosted a few myself and they always great fun smile