1 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2012-05-11 18:57:43)

Topic: [pseudo-MAP CONTEST] *gV* server goes unofficial

Hey tees!

*gV* proudly presents you our new server-idea: *gV* - ctf community server !

We are convinced, that each talented teeworlds-map-creator should get the chance to host his map on a professional, lagfree and recognized server, running 24/7 !

You can post good maps (you or other tees made) in this topic
and if we think the map combines fun, challenge (good movement + gameplay) and nice graphics we will host this map on our server !

Via map-votes the maps can get changed.

The server is already running as *gV* - ctf community server (IP: 91.121.181.56:8310) !

Rules for maps:
- ctf (no mods)
- teeworlds 0.6 compatible (of course)
- 3vs3/4vs4/5vs5
- NO official maps
- good movement + gameplay (means fun)
- good graphics
- old maps and new ones are allowed

What a post should contain:
- name
- description
- download
- overview-screenshot

Now it's up to you. Present us your favored maps ! smile

Suggested maps:
Green marked maps are running on our server.

Note: This topic is to offer/recommend maps. You may not discuss maps over pages, but upvote maps you like.

Re: [pseudo-MAP CONTEST] *gV* server goes unofficial

Hey there smile
Well i received many positiv & negativ ratings for this map but it's my only CTF map so I'll post it up here. xD
If you don't like it - never mind & don't use it - I'm just tryin' to support u guys smile
Won't be sad for criticism ;-)

Here we go:  http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7180

Have a nice evening,
Theo

3 (edited by Fat_Sloth 2011-08-22 00:31:08)

Very nice idea! Perfect for me, as I am not able to host a server and need to get feedback for recent stuff I am working on! Here we go with my new map you have already seen:
ctf_edge.map v1.1 (this is not the most recent version of my map. Visit my thread to get the last update)
over-view (not 100% actual)
An unsymmetrical 4on4 CTF map with an open ground. The unsymmetrical design gives advantages and disadvantages to each team. To fight as efficient as possible you need to use the advantages of your side. The map has advanced movement and requires much tactic and skill.

An other veryinteresting map is ctf_safari made by uKo. (link) I didn't have the chance to play it with on a real match but I think it looks quiet interesting!

Has a crippled face.

Really nice, i will upload some maps soon.
Linked to a german tw-community.
*gV* rox! big_smile

5 (edited by CuBe 2011-08-07 02:16:36)

Hi there, I made ctf maps myself

map cracks
http://i54.tinypic.com/a1ll50.png
http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8079

Short description:
A map for 4on4 I think, and I think it's quite fun to play, but that's my meaning ;p

Downloadlink
https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … cracks.map

So , hope you like it and nice initiative btw

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

Added a listing to the first post with the suggested maps.

Little review:
@Theolol: We considered your map (ctf_canyon) as too little. (3vs3)
@Fat_Sloth: Ctf_edge is a nice map with unconventional gameplay. Fits our criteria!
                   Ctf_safari is right now unbalanced (pickups) and the spikes are weird (no deathtiles set).
@CuBe: We considered your map (cracks) as too little. (3vs3)

i basically think the same about, ctf_canyon, stf_safari and cracks.

ctf_safari could be easyly fixed for our criteria... the other maps should be a bit bigger with more pickups as we wanna host at least 4vs4 ^^

abut ctf_edge... i like the map but there is one little problem which could be easyly fixed, too. The right base has 3 shields less than the left base. pls fix it and reupload smile

edit: some more about ctf_safari... the bases are symmetrical but in the left base 2 shields are missing... the middle part is kinda messed up... there are way more shields in the left half. Also the laser shoule be more in center ^^

about ctv_knwn... the map doesnt have doodads and istn teeish at all... one of the parts there doesnt even make sense to go there

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Sushi Tee wrote:

abut ctf_edge... i like the map but there is one little problem which could be easyly fixed, too. The right base has 3 shields less than the left base. pls fix it and reupload smile

thank you. I am not going to change this. Both sides are balanced. The left base might have three shields more but after playing this map for some time you will have to accept that the left side also is harder to defend. The right side's spawns make it easier for it's team to get to the strategical important spots. Just give yourself some time to find out all the charms the map gives you.

Has a crippled face.

After lots of DDRace maps and some Nodes maps I've created again a CTF map...

Type: CTF
Players: 8v8
Size: 380x160
Theme: Desert (+ embedded moon)

Screenshot editor - with gl
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3

Download (size 44k)

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Mo2: the map... is... weird... not vanilla at all ^^

i still hope the other maps here will get fixed smile

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

11 (edited by Mo2 2011-08-22 21:26:59)

Sushi Tee wrote:

Mo2: the map... is... weird... not vanilla at all ^^

Yes... for sure. It's probably more like strawberry. tongue  - No unofficial map is vanilla. If it would be vanilla it would not be unofficial. If it would be just a clone from an already done map it's useless... then you can even play ctf5 which is a great map.

i still hope the other maps here will get fixed smile

As far I remember Fat_Sloth wrote that he would not "fix" his map because the difference is no mistake but because the map would be unbalanced otherwise cause one side is harder to defend. I respect this. Or at least I would give it a chance with more players. Sitting alone in one map does not give it a chance at all.

Anyway thanks for this thread cause it gave me the motivation to create again some CTF stuff. So I think I'm going to host an own custom CTF server myself tomorrow. Edit: Server is online now (Krautsalat - CTF). Hosting ctf_edge, cracks, ctf_canyon and ctf_2moons.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

Fat_Sloth wrote:
Sushi Tee wrote:

thank you. I am not going to change this. Both sides are balanced. The left base might have three shields more but after playing this map for some time you will have to accept that the left side also is harder to defend. The right side's spawns make it easier for it's team to get to the strategical important spots. Just give yourself some time to find out all the charms the map gives you.

I dont think that at all... your map is the map i tested most because i really like it and the left side is not harder to defend. Its pretty balanced. Even if one base is harder to defend it shouldnt be solved with less pickups because the players who are going to attack have less pickups to collect when spawn which isnt really good. Then the base should be changed in general but as i said. I dont think that the one side is harder to defend. Maybe different but not harder ^^

Mo2: i just didnt want to sound too hard wink

*gV* rox ^^

ctf_edge.map v1.2
I deleted the three extra shields on the left side and added two shields to each side, I also added some shadow in the middle... it looks better!
Full-Overview

Has a crippled face.

It's done! smile

Today we've set up our server with the name *gV* - ctf community server (IP: 91.121.181.56:8310) !.

Currently it only runs the map "ctf_edge" by Fat_Sloth.
However, we hope you will post us more great maps created by the community, that we can extend our map-pool smile

Have fun!

15 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2011-08-22 21:38:37)

I relly Love this map big_smile
It's really good and the game ping is very nice too.
Best CTF in all servers big_smile

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

16 (edited by Mo2 2011-08-27 14:36:28)

Well, after looking how many are playing that custom map(s) either in *gV* or Krautsalat and even comparing to other vanilla-servers that host other custom maps - most time it's the same result: Number of players is: 0 ... Sometimes up to 2-4 players which is too less to make serious fun. Good connection is NOT the problem. We would like at least 4x4 so crack or ctf_safari is too small? Most time CTF-custom servers did not even get 6 players at all.

I'm again not sure if that standard map filter make any sense except helping mods to get more players. I like many mods... so that's not a bad thing at all - but almost the only one you hurt with that standard-map filter are vanilla-players and vanilla-map-creators - and I like to play vanilla as well. It's the same story since years now. Some are whining again and again against bad mods or noobs or whatever and vanilla TW get more and more dusty. Creators of custom vanilla stuff are mostly wasting their time. Server hosters of custom vanilla stuff are mostly wasting a port that could be used better for some mod. I've created an old map ctf_mo1 in the past. I don't like it anymore cause I think the tileset that I've created there in the past was crap. But while searching for servers where custom maps was played I found a server with 16 players that hosted that old map... but... for sure it was NOT vanilla but in that case some Infection-mod server.

It seems even ctf5 would be played already sometimes more in mods like zCatch, zESC, build, Infection or whatever. There are one or two ctf5 servers you would find most time. Some DM servers where you find some. But am I wrong if I write: That's it? 0.6 TW was a lot of work... but as vanilla player I've got 2 new ctf maps ctf6 is too small and flat in my opinion and ctf7 is almost the same as ctf1) flags and buddies features (which are a fine addition cause now I know from where the guys are) but almost no change in term of gameplay. I've started playing TW mainly with CTF5 and if I play these days vanilla I'm playing again CTF5 with almost the same content (except I'm pretty sure some hearts and shields was gone).

However, we hope you will post us more great maps created by the community, that we can extend our map-pool

I'm not sure that you can again persuade somebody to create a map for CTF. There are already maps that can extend your map-pool that did not get a real chance. And it seems even the map you gave a chance is currently almost dead. It's used less. Where "less" is already high (cause less should be more then 0).  And who like to create useless stuff? Almost nobody is playing it.

Conclusion: I think you would have more chance to get some usefull stuff via creating a mod that is similar to CTF and use your custom-vanilla stuff there or creating stuff for a mod instead of creating stuff for vanilla.

Greetings,
Mo(2)

sadly u are totally right.

*gV* rox ^^

well the north americans play 3v3 4v4 custom maps alot so if euros don't play these maps, we still enjoy these very much.

The problem is in the community who doesn't like to try new things.

Franchan wrote:

well the north americans play 3v3 4v4 custom maps alot so if euros don't play these maps, we still enjoy these very much.

As this topic is about posting maps, maybe you can post us some great 4v4+ custom maps you enjoy? tongue

You might want to have a look at my ctf_pulse:

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/6468/ctfpulse.png

Download: https://downloads.teeworlds.com/solidfi … _pulse.map

Stephanator once said it is a good map with potential.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

played the map, and it's awesome !

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

22 (edited by Franchan 2011-08-31 03:18:54)

Usually we play space and mars but edge and cracks are becoming popular. Maybe ctf_grasshopper even if its alittle crowded

EDIT:Was pulse approved?

Added ctf_pulse to our map-pool!

fly_crazy-temperature
overview*
download with pics*
download*

It's a fly but still ctf... maybe you could just look at it. =3

it is a fly map and should be hosted on a fly server ^^

*gV* rox ^^