Re: How to correctly detect an aimbot

Well, personally aimbot is not really fair. Aimbot are only for losers who wants to be recognize as great players. I hate hate players using aimbot but somehow this still challenges me to improve more and overcome players using aimbots. smile

Please do not advertise non-Teeworlds related websites. // ~{MS}~ Azon

27 (edited by lizgoode206 2010-02-11 18:20:39)

donmacp wrote:

Well, personally aimbot is not really fair. Aimbot are only for losers who wants to be recognize as great players. I hate hate players using aimbot but somehow this still challenges me to improve more and overcome players using aimbots. smile

Well, I am totally new to the game and I agree that I can really people don't missed with their shots. Well, even if I am new to this game and always lose, I don't have plans of using one. Thanks for the info of hot to detect an aimbot and what not to do.

Please do not advertise non-Teeworlds related websites. // ~{MS}~ Azon

The aimbots are simply unfair and sometimes pathetic; but TeeWorlds is OpenSource so there will be always people who crack it. The only way to find them is this guide. Congratulations Azon! smile

29 (edited by Kottizen 2011-04-02 12:30:08)

Azon wrote:

- Use the bounce of the laser
- Do advanced movements with rope
- Shoot faster, run faster or jump higher

There are aimbots which give the player control of the hook, which enabled him to perform more advanced movements.

how to behave when having a strong indication of an aimbot:
Kick player...

Milipi wrote:

Kick player...

It's not always that works, The server can Be Without Votekicks, And worst: The team wants an aimbot in their team.

Account inactive since 11/8
.. Although i sometimes visit :3...

The Aimbots Are High On Detection And Notice To Go To any One He is Closest to if u can see the aimbot has =/ good aim but it also can miss and due to the fact its slow, cant bounce lazers, and cannot use Advanced moves... With The Rope So it Should Be %1.0 Chance To WiN against 15 Aim Bots At The Same Time But Also  The Insta Is Like The Bots In The Gameplay

|English Muh Boi|

What's even more annoying then aimbots themselves, are some noobs incapable of recognizing good players spamming "bot" to pro players.

the only way to destroy bots is to become a better player... humans will be always more strong than any type of client bot

CarmineZ wrote:

the only way to destroy bots is to become a better player... humans will be always more strong than any type of client bot

That's wrong.

CarmineZ wrote:

Boy, do I have some bad news for you.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

37 (edited by Lure 2011-04-06 19:25:42)

heinrich5991 wrote:
CarmineZ wrote:

That's wrong.

Meh... might not be quite right, but there's something to it. At least when it comes to standard gametypes. Beginner botters are sort of "always in the wrong place" and hardly able to engage a skilled player if he doesn't want to. Once they caught the attention of a skilled player, they might not even be able to pick up a weapon for the rest of the game. I'd guess this would be highly demotivating and stop many from getting half decent at moving around - if it weren't for 2 things:
1) There's always enough "noobs" around to hunt for an aimbotter
2) Many might already be - at least somewhat - dangerous before they pick up their bot client.

Ultimate solution:
Ban all "noobs" that don't use aimbots and have an aimbot built into the standard client, so aimbotters don't get to pick up "basic skillz" before they manage to find a bot client big_smile. Logic is awesome wink

Kick player...

Actually, pros get accused to bot all the time. Its not only the vote but also the constant implying, indicating and accusing which made me sick the most. I still love to play on ctf5 even though its populated by newcomers and casualtees. Besides the notorious 'botters' (i don't know any) personally the most annoying are the notorious tees accusing others --no, they're only implying and do not want to argue.

But meanwhile i changed my opinion: Kick them, whether he/she is botting or not.

1. Its democracy
2. If they kick you its not unfair,
3. but the fact that the majority on the server doesn't want to fight with/against automated/prowess skill!

~ See ya on the battlefield ~

What can i say very good post tongue and i really cant understand bot users oh sometimes i would just love to get their addresses haha big_smile i have never used bot on any game i have played. Long live SKILL!

Rode hard but away wet. o_O

Berserker4865 wrote:

What can i say very good post tongue and i really cant understand bot users oh sometimes i would just love to get their addresses haha big_smile i have never used bot on any game i have played. Long live SKILL!

Good post, but why revive an 8 month old topic? wink

Aim'bot or something that make the same has aim works now in 6.x versions.
I see guys making the same has the aim'bot does in Z-Catch servers...

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Hello Teeworld,

I've played teeworlds for some time now and recently came across a few aimbot users on openfng servers.
I'd like to suggest a server-side way to detect aimbots.

Detection could occur when the ratio of missed shoots is too low. In addition, detection should not occur if the number of shoots of a player is below an arbitratry threshold (say 10 or 20).
This requires the server to count how many times a player shot and how many times he shot+missed.

I believe this would be quite effective since the bots I've seen never miss another tee. In addition, they always targeted the nearest tee regardless of whether he is freezed or unreachable. Thus, another indicator is the ratio of nearest target shoots.

Regarding politics, an aimbot could be banned directly by the server but another way could be to signal the ratio to all players and let them decide the fate of the supposed aimbot user.

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

Hi TeeTac and welcome!

you are about the 1000 user with a suggestion similary to yours.
The thing is, that you are just considering your mod (openfng), but the game is developed for vanilla (dm,tdm,ctf).

In vanilla, bots have a much lower ratio (usually lower than high-lvl-players), so this way wouldn't work at all!
But you might do a request for a server-sided protection to the mod-developer, it might be a good idea.

I need to ask this to someone that really know Teew. - Coding & Stuff like that
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_lLUwBnJ4U <- One guy have recorded this video saying that this was a bot.
Is this a bot?? Can really bots make people stay on the air?!

- Günther Branlutte

45 (edited by LimiT 2012-04-03 17:01:07)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Can really bots make people stay on the air?!

The thing you just saw was a game pause which can be activated by writing "stop" into the chat big_smile
It's only available on some mods, which are basically only adding a few features like this "stop" in vanilla mods (I think it's called CTF*; in this case iCTF*)

That wasn't the point of the video anyway. The creator of this video is saying that this player called Day uses a bot (if you look closely at 0:11, Day is afk and still can aim in the direction of the video creator)

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I need to ask this to someone that really know Teew. - Coding & Stuff like that
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_lLUwBnJ4U <- One guy have recorded this video saying that this was a bot.
Is this a bot?? Can really bots make people stay on the air?!

Keep in mind that there is nothing bots can do that players can't do (sometimes with great amount of skills, of course).

Not Luck, Just Magic.

47 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2012-04-04 16:17:41)

Dune wrote:

Keep in mind that there is nothing bots can do that players can't do (sometimes with great amount of skills, of course).

Yep. Thats what I'v writen in my person acc in the video and the creator have deleted the comment. He's a assole. And he's comments are really annoying!

EDIT:
I'v sended this forum link to him. HAHAHA! big_smile

EDIT2: Would be nice that the video got the english version too xD http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4306/teemoticon15.png

- Günther Branlutte

The creator is right. Stopping the game is not a bot big_smile
Automatic crosshair position change (as seen on the 11th second) is.

AimBot is bad.
bot name removed sucks >:| //heinrich5991

HammerTee wrote:

AimBot is bad.
bot sucks >:|

Yes we know bots suck, please don't advertise them.