51 (edited by Puch 2012-02-12 02:16:42)

Re: [CLIENT] Pack

Oy fixed it Sushi, now the client haven't bugs. Really nice work Oy ! big_smile

I can add that's an awesome client, it's not laggy when you search others servers ingame, I remember with Dune client it was tongue

Ty to Sushi and Oy for took time to fix my problem wink

Puch wrote:

I can add that's an awesome client, it's not laggy when you search others servers ingame, I remember with Dune client it was tongue

That's interesting! Sushi, have you done anything to optimize the server list sorting? Or is it just the Lord's fix (but that wouldn't make sense).
You really should pull request that kind of improvements imo, there's really no reason not to ^^

Not Luck, Just Magic.

no i didnt change anything there Dune.
i pull request all things i do where i think it should be in the official client

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

54 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2012-03-17 20:33:38)

With the most recent version (64bit) mute-options for players are all ticked and grayed out...
Edit: Vanilla fail

works great but regular 0.6.1 client demos dont work for some reason

Wes.Mp3 - Now Playing: Celine Teeon - "I'm hooking into you"
Endurance[USA] - CTF5

i've got an problem , i can't watching demos from the standard teeworlds 0.6.0 in the new teecomp! can u make it, that i can read all demos with teecomp? like a multimedia player vlc. Vlc can read lots of video formats like avi, wmv, m2ts, mkv.... and can u make teeworlds reading more demos? like i want to see the demos from 0.5.0 and from 0.6.0 at one teeworlds client

I think there was a change in the official development version of Teeworlds which breaks the demo compatibility (timeline markers; I don't know how it works anyway, can someone tell me?). As this client is being autoupdated, these changes are included in the sushi's pack aswell.

I have a few feature requests:
1. Could you implement the antiping feature, its in TDTW and it really helps with high pings.
2. Another feature from TDTW: display a ammo bar below the hearts and shields.
3. Being able to adjust the outer color of the laser.
4. Being able to see the game tiles. (Dune's Gamer client)

I hope you add these features, but its okay if you don't want to smile

1. no... it gives more information than the player has with normal ping and so its a cheat in my opinion
2. ammo is below the hearts and shields?!
3. it doesnt make such a big difference
4. no... it gives more information than the player has with normal ping and so its a cheat in my opinion

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

1. It's almost impossible for me to play without antiping, I'm at a disadvantage without it, why is that a cheat in your opinion?
2. here is an example: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1497/screenshot2012040210535.jpg
3. still, it would be nice.
4. repeat of the number 1?

jap

oh tahts what u mean... than number 1 applys there too

*gV* rox ^^

Hey, I would like to discuss this now that it's brought up, because I would switch to your client if you had show game tile, and *not* because of what you think... many maps cause frame lag on my computer, and showing only game tiles makes it run very smooth. For one example, a map I made gives me <20 FPS normally, with game tiles only I get >110. This is a significant difference. So... what could be done to remove the cheating aspect. I only see 3 advantageous things to seeing the game layer, first the obvious hidden passages. This hardly ever happens in Vanilla maps, and if it does, people usually have them all memorized anyway. However, in DDRace it can be a big part of solving the map. Next we have weapon spawn points. Those are really obvious though, and you never forget where hearts, etc., will be. Lastly there is tee spawn points. This is very important information for game play, but can also be memorized without game tiles.  So... it seems to me there is a way around this, simply don't show spawn tiles, and disable it in DDRace, but for me anyway, such a difference in FPS is huge in competitive gameplay.

Now I'm surprised you were against anti-ping ghosting as yours is the only client I've seen that supports lag ghosting with no debugging information, and that surely is extra information. I understand the cheating concerns, but from my viewpoint it doesn't really *add* any information as much as adjust the timing for laggers, that is, it shows were things will go on their present course ahead of time; this is information anyone could see, just not all at once continuously in an easy manner. Same with the bullets, like Dune's HP information. I can understand how someone would think this extra info is too much of a help, even though the info is already there on the screen just harder to see.

If you ever could implement some simplified map display like game tiles that would raise the FPS so much, I would switch to it for good.

Sushi Tee wrote:

jap

oh tahts what u mean... than number 1 applys there too

I'm assuming that your talking about number 2: alright I'll agree it does give me an advantage.

But the only feature that's keeping me from switching to yours (or for that matter anyone else's) client is anti-ping, and in my opinion I'm at a disadvantage without it, with it though, I can play just as good as most other Teeworlds players, but if you don't want to implement that's fine its your client you can do what you want, just don't expect me to play it.

I'm not trying to be mean, just telling the truth.

64 (edited by Sushi Tee 2012-04-03 18:46:32)

@Broken: I see your point. FPS is ofc a big problem. Most mappers forget about high detail. Therefor an option to disable layers manually would be a good idea instead of showing only the gamelayer. Also it looks way better too. I see what i can do smile

edit: done
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=29536

About the debug ghost. I dont see it as extra information because u can see this in any client and it doesnt really helps u. Anti-Ping works in the other direction. It predicts but the debug ghost just shows u where u actually are on the server... means u see yourself like u see the others with it.

@big bomb: i dont expect u to use my client. Everyone can decide for him/herself which client to use. I appreciate your suggestions and i told u my opinion to it and why i wont integrate it to my client. I write and added features from others to this client not for getting ppl to use my client instead of others but for my personal needs and just to program. I add features just to program a bit or because i think its cool or needed.

*gV* rox ^^

Wow, that is really cool. I'm going to try it out.

i gonna change it a little more by adding names for the layers from the map and stuff like that in next releases. smile

*gV* rox ^^

67 (edited by DARK HUNTER 2012-04-11 13:30:01)

I dont know if its me or your client but:

All of the previous versions of your client worked flawlessly. But this new one is freezing frequently sad

Once in a century...

I noticed it freezing in he server browser yesterday for a short time. I couldnt figure out why now.
i dont know if u mean this... if not more details would be good because i didnt notice anything like this yet.

*gV* rox ^^

Yes. It mostly freezes at the server browser but I wouldn't say "for a short time" but a solid 10 seconds. Only once it freezed in-game.

Once in a century...

i fout out why this is. it is because of teerace. its checking the hosts which may take some seconds until it times out. I changed it so that it wont stuck the client any more smile

*gV* rox ^^

Thank you sushi for the freeze fix. It was staying stuck for 1 minute for me ._. i was starting to get frustrated thinking it was my internet or laptop big_smile

Ahhh it's fixed! Thank you Sushi!! smile

Once in a century...

73 (edited by xake 2012-04-14 19:01:43)

Hey, at first I have to say that this client is awsome, tested it recently, ty for putting all that stuff into one client.
One problem I couldn't figure out: Why can't I play some demos which I've recorded with the auto-function of the standard Teeworlds version? It always says "error with loading, invalid file" or something.

Edit: What's that squeaky little ingame noise for?

XaKe

The demos cant be played because the demo version changed time ago in teeworlds trunk. the demos store the tunings now too.

I dont know which sound u mean

*gV* rox ^^

75 (edited by 2012-04-17 18:16:02)

Somehow some demos are working, the sound is for killing spree.

Anything I can do about that? Is there a Hud-Client working with demos of the standard version 0.6.1?