Topic: MAP EDITOR

First, i ask apologize, for my unclear english speaking !!! (For cause of : Way of school in France ! )
At this moment i start Teeworlds since seven month.
I try map my own map for telling a story about my Worlds of TW. But, i haven't really, the ability !  For coding, that i need !

Also I ask here if any gentle soul can help me ! For coding (redirect if i'm wrong) :

What ? : I need a server who can allow to edit maps for all mode (Fng, ctf, dm, race, Ddrace, Zombie, Instagib, new mods, etc ...).
Why ? : To create a story ! :
I have to use a lot of differents server (that's ugly !!!). To make more researched Maps who allow more differents points of vue, perspectives and/or changing gameplay by zone of Map,  or by servers's config.
How ? : I'm not C++ coder. I just want to edit good maps !!! ???
Who ? : An individual with ability to help me and who understand the path of my needs.
When ? : When someone would can do it ... !? But ! You know ! Faster's better ! big_smile

A lot of thanks for any help !!!!

2 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:31:59)

Re: MAP EDITOR

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

3 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2012-03-12 19:37:55)

Nah, as far as i've understood it he wants to create 1 map with different mods being included, or 1 server with several maps of different mods.
This would be just possible with a "mod pack", that supports all different mods.

But...

TeePhoenix wrote:

I dont think that there is somebody interested in doing this for you, you have to learn C++ or forget about it.

Btw...

Inlakech wrote:

(For cause of : Way of school in France ! )

TeePhoenix wrote:

Whats wrong with it?

I doubt anyone is interested in it, please feel free to discuss it via pm.

PS: Mod requests should be made here: Modifications

topic moved // heinrich5991

4 (edited by Dune 2012-03-12 20:10:30)

Mixing the gametypes you've quoted into a single map would be very complex, maybe impossible the way you want it.
You would have to fight a hundred of different problems one could only fix with hacks, and seriously, it's not worth the effort.

When I want to play one gametype, I choose the server from the server list and that's way simpler :)

PS to TeePhoenix: The way he has written that, I really doubt he used an online translator. Bad english does not always come from translators, that guy made an effort.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

You could tell your tw story, by recording gameplay and cutting together a nice video. big_smile

"same player try again" (me).
I hope to be more precise here !!! I thinks trying is better than nothing !?

I note that for my attempt i have to take a tutorial book for C++ and learn it. (Don't Happy, Be worry !!! ;D )

I thinks Slayer *gV* is the nearest to what i wanted to say.

My ask is about the editor (perhaps : offline and outer "the mods WAR" , isn't it ? xD).
I dream about a single one :
- who allow to use the most complete entities.
- where i can found a switch to test the game-play in any different Mods
- with ability to clip the quads pivot on a tiles or on an other quads (cause of:  use matrix computation, in envelopes, for moving the sun's ray with the sun run isn't really joyful) 

Example :
At this moment, I have to create maps in the Teeworlds classic editor cause of better keyboard shortcut (it's my choice).
Then i have to export in the DDrace editor to adds entities for water flow that i want in the game-play.
And for the end. I want Fng + CTF rules to launch my map with the most appropriate gameplay. And in fact, if I did it. I lose all the work i do with DDrace edit.

You could tell your tw story, by recording gameplay and cutting together a nice video. big_smile (Spitfire 2012-03-12 23:25:03)

I'm talking about interactive story !!! If you like I try to map "epics chained maps" !!!