Topic: Why there are so much nameless tee ?

Hi tees,

In most games the few players with the default name are new players, but in Teeworlds we meet a lot of good players with that name. Why?
It's quite annoying not to know who is who.

2 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:54:55)

Re: Why there are so much nameless tee ?

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

It is the default name, when you first play teeworlds.

» Use the Search Function before opening multiple topics...
» Member of: JsA - Just stay Alloha! (since 2009)

Either fakes either people playing on a temporary computer where they were lazy to config everything.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

5 (edited by cris272 2012-02-08 19:26:20)

They must really be very lazy because it's very easy and quick to config the name when we launch teeworlds for the first time tongue

TeePhoenix wrote:

[...]calling them bot especially if they are good).

True, that's what I was thinking when I saw a pro nameless tee. If he want be anonymous he have may be something to hide.

Thx for answers.

6 (edited by TeePhoenix 2012-06-10 16:54:51)

Deleted.

The face of terrorism is called United States of America!

7 (edited by Slayer *gV* 2012-02-08 20:24:48)

TeePhoenix wrote:

To be unknown has the advantage that you can play without being annoyed by others

This should be the main reason.
Maybe you are in bad mood, or just not that skilled as usual. Then you can play anonymous, without (you, your real nickname) being responsible for anything.
Edit: And ofc you will prevent any talks.

Slayer *gV* wrote:
TeePhoenix wrote:

To be unknown has the advantage that you can play without being annoyed by others

This should be the main reason.
Maybe you are in bad mood, or just not that skilled as usual. Then you can play anonymous, without (you, your real nickname) being responsible for anything.
Edit: And ofc you will prevent any talks.

!

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

9 (edited by cris272 2012-02-09 13:55:21)

TeePhoenix wrote:

You got me wrong. I dont said that a botter is hiding himself (ok this could be too, but it wasnt what I said)! I said a good player that wants to see how other people treat him when they dont know him. But that you understood me (willfully) wrong seems that you called a good guy a botter, because you thought that a guy that is calling himself nameless tee could never be better than you? So your way to indicate a bot is just looking onto his name? Thanks for proving what I have seen 1000 times before...

I understand what you mean.

You said :

TeePhoenix wrote:

To be unknown has the advantage that you can play without being annoyed by others, also you can see how others act with unknown tees (usually flaming and calling them bot especially if they are good).

"other player usually flaming and calling them bot"

I am this other player. Sometimes i think they can cheats. That why i said you are right when you said "other player usually flaming and calling them bot."

But I'll never say on the chat this guys cheat. I only say to myself, that player MAY BE strange. But I am to lazy for spectate him. So I keep playing.

But it's annoying when you do not know with whom we played. Especially in DDRACE mod. Sometimes we have fun with a nameless tee then the next day we still find ourselves together on the server but I do not know he's here ...
But if they want be anonymous that is their choice!

I think Dune is right when i ask why they are more default name in Teeworlds than other game. Teeworlds is fast and easy to download, so they can play on a temporary computer at school/work/friends...

PS : Sorry for my english