Topic: Increasing number of team killers (maps like CTF5)

Hey Community,

I've noticed an (fast) increasing number of players with the goal to kill their teammates. (By hooking them into death tiles).
There is even a clan (afaik) called ITC-lol with kinda teamkillers only, trying to destroy matches.

Ofc I could votekick them (won't pass in most cases) or change to another server (wouldn't solve this issue for real) or play maps without death tiles (wouldn't be a real solution either).

Am I over reacting or should be any server sided protection implemented?

Re: Increasing number of team killers (maps like CTF5)

An option to remove teamhook would fix that, wouldn't it?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Barely, I regard teamhooking as teamplay as well.
What we would need is a prevention against abuser.
But I don't really know how it could be done :\ , maybe someone else got some creative and brilliant ideas smile

The game is great as it is, the only problem is the huge amount of young children in this game that get bored and start to do stuff like this. It makes me mad! It just isn't fun to play the game anymore.

5 (edited by fameless 2012-01-27 21:06:00)

Imo that problem was caused by a stupid mod named blockwar or ddwar. It started on ddrace maps and finally infected every gametype. Ban all servers running such mod and new players won't be infected by such disease.

1338 - One step ahead of the average Nerd.

fameless wrote:

Imo that problem was caused by a stupid mod named blockwar or ddwar. It started on ddrace maps and finally infected every gametype. Ban all servers running such mod and new players won't be infected by such disease.

Interesting idea, I never thought about that before. But for sure, I really don't understand DDwar and Blocker servers. It seems like its encouraging a bad thing. However, just because that is our opinion doesn't mean that other people shouldn't play it. In other words you can't just ban a mod because we don't like it.

Nater wrote:
fameless wrote:

Interesting idea, I never thought about that before. But for sure, I really don't understand DDwar and Blocker servers. It seems like its encouraging a bad thing. However, just because that is our opinion doesn't mean that other people shouldn't play it. In other words you can't just ban a mod because we don't like it.

I actually think that mods like DDWar save the other gametypes from these kind of blocking, I don't see this as training camp for blockers, rather as a place where they are allowed to block each other, and thus not disturbing anyone.

Furthermore I doubt it is the right way to forbid each gametype that could damage vanilla.
No, if we want to, we have to find a solution with the vanilla code.

One possibility, and probably the worst, would be to count:
- frags of a specific time (e.g. last minute)
- teamhooks
- hooks at opponent tees

And find a fitting algorithm to decide whether he is playing for real or not.

Like:

If FragsOfASpecificTime < 3 && Teamhooks > 2*OpponentHooks
    Kick("Teamhooker/Teamkiller");

Suppose you checked when a player is killed by death tiles whether they were last hooked by a teammate and you sent a message in chat that "x player" team killed "y player" along with the graphic in the upper right corner. Sometimes it is accidental so it wouldn't be fair to kick or spec that player, but it would be easier to tell who is teamkilling and they can be vote kicked more easily.

10 (edited by Leefy 2012-01-28 19:30:09)

Slayer *gV* wrote:

Barely, I regard teamhooking as teamplay as well.
What we would need is a prevention against abuser.
But I don't really know how it could be done :\ , maybe someone else got some creative and brilliant ideas smile

Yes it is teamwork you can see this : http://leefy.posterous.com/ or the youtube link for the same videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … 5BAhgTujoA

Teecrusaders clan
Teenews!
Leefy's blog! Never give up! on the way of becoming a programer! wink